Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

No, but she is from spain - so maybe you know her.

No, but she is from spain - so maybe you know her.

Sure, I'm very popular among my relatives

About her Spanish origins..... Eres jodidamente valiente, tio! ;)

EDIT:
@wichat, I don´t know what you stance is on this, but I guess congratulations on the new King are in order?

:cheers:

Thank you. I'm not a convinced monarchical but I can see some hope in this generational succession. I maintain the same position as have in front of DA: I, respecting the distances, of course ....if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it

Last edited:
@gregski: Well I picked up a bottle of Belvedere. How do the Poles like their vodka? What do you mix it with, or do you just have it on ice? Truth is I don't drink much hard liquor.

I favor ice-cold and neat, especially the good stuff like Belvedere. Have some munchies or your favorite chaser with it; I like homemade pickles, but the Lasagna Queen prefers tea as a chaser. Go figure.

Don't forget "na zdrowie!"

@gregski: Well I picked up a bottle of Belvedere. How do the Poles like their vodka? What do you mix it with, or do you just have it on ice? Truth is I don't drink much hard liquor.

Most important thing is - as Guy mentioned - for vodka to be really cold. So put it in the freezer for a few days, until the bottle is so cold that your hand hurts when you take it out :)

Typically I drink vodka as shots, with a quarter of lemon to chase it. Pickles might be a good choice too.

I was drinking with a pikey mate the other day, he gets us cheap ballast, and he drank his Vodka damn cold which he said he'd picked up from the continent, that was some bloody tasty booze.

Never tried pickles with my vodka before, might have to try it. And yeah, ice cold and in shots is my way to go too.

A few useful tips for drinking vodka: How to drink vodka like a Pole

These are definitely important:

Poles don't drink vodka in cocktail form or diluted with a mixer. In fact, to traditionalists, these practices are considered practically criminal. Vodka is drunk neat, chilled (but without ice) and usually in measurements of 50ml.

Vodka is always drunk in one gulp or 'do dna' ('to the bottom'), regardless of size.

There are 2 typically Polish chasers when it comes to vodka. One is pickles, which was mentioned before. The other one is...herring(in all forms & shapes):

Na zdrowie!

Last edited:
I've been drinking out of a half pint pot this afternoon, is this wrong?

Edit: When you say pickles, can you substitute pickled eggs?

I've been drinking out of a half pint pot this afternoon, is this wrong?

Edit: When you say pickles, can you substitute pickled eggs?

Most typically it would be pickled cucumbers. Or mushrooms. But I guess if eggs work for you that's fine :)

Oh, and it doesn't really matter from what you're drinking, but the rule still stands - you gotta empty it with one gulp. It's not scotch, no slow sipping, mates! :)

Well, it is not that common anymore, but sometimes when guests would visit the house, we would serve http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsipouro, accompanied by some feta cheese, normal yellow cheese (can't say what type they all look the same to me), and maybe some meatballs. And bread.

Edit: By the way this herring thingy looks so good.. Now where would I get me some of that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom