The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Have played the witcher games, havent read the books, and (please dont hate me for it) dont plan on reading them. I dont know how it is in the books but as far as I remember from TW2 flashbacks, the wild hunt only took yennefer. Geralt faught them trying to get her back. Since he came close to them during his combat all the amnesia stuff happened and he lost track of the hunt.
Correct me if Im wrong but from what I caught from the games is that he was never part of the hunt, he just had contact and chased them. Of course I could have gotten something wrong here, its been quite a while since i finished both games.

No you are wrong. Geralt was chasing the Wild Hunt because they had captured Yennefer. And when he met them , after a fight, he made a deal with them. His soul for Yennefer's. So Eredin accepted, and gave Yennefer back, whom Geralt entrusted to Letho, and then went off with the Wild Hunt.
Well, since your first post, happened to be corrected, have a Red Point for making up.

Welcome to the Forums! :cheers:

Oh, and about the books. Should you have free time, try reading them, they are really awesome. There are fan translated versions here on the forums, of the books that haven't yet been translated in english.

Here is that link: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16494-Our-Community-Fan-Translations

Last edited by a moderator:
thx ^^. I finished the witcher 2 over a year ago and havent touched both games since, so my memory on the story has gotten a bit dusty. I should play the games again to catch up on everything before part 3 comes out. Got excited since the announcement that I decided to finally make an account here and post

I wish for more variety of voice and looks for each town & village NPC. I noticed a couple copies in the gameplay demo. If it takes to much time and power for creating new believable NPC models, can they at least drastically change their clothing colors, walking animation & hair so they don't all look the exact same.

Also since most PC games give more on/off options, I would be very grateful if consoles could turn off monster names and health bars/animal names/people names/ HUD stuff etc..

Last edited:
Have played the witcher games, havent read the books, and (please dont hate me for it) dont plan on reading them. I dont know how it is in the books but as far as I remember from TW2 flashbacks,
the wild hunt only took yennefer. Geralt faught them trying to get her back. Since he came close to them during his combat all the amnesia stuff happened and he lost track of the hunt.
Correct me if Im wrong but from what I caught from the games is that he was never part of the hunt, he just had contact and chased them. Of course I could have gotten something wrong here, its been quite a while since i finished both games.

How do you think he got Yennifer back? Him, and Letho along with the other two Witchers where boned when during the fight with the wild hunt. He traded his "soul" for her, and was taken by them to be a member of the hunt in exchange. How long he was a member, or what he did during that time to escape is unknown.

Like I said. It has been far over a year since I finished my last Witcher 2 run and I havent touched both W1 and W2 since then, so I forgot some things. I gotta play at least W2 again to fresh-up my memories on the story so I wont go into playing W3 going "who was that guy again" and "what exactly happend there again".
Since I've been corrected, I'd really like to know what happend during that time. And also a return of Berengar would be nice. I managed to keep him alive but after that he just dissapeared, never to be heard from again >.>

I wish for cheats in the style of RDR. I think it would be fun to use them after I have beat the game a few times just to see what devs came up with.

I'm wishing to see different clues in the environment to whenever Geralt is tracking down a monster. Say Geralt got into a fight with a monster, it began to flee (by flying, running, etc.) and Geralt had to follow it. I'm hoping to see "clues" in the environment (blood on the ground or on leaves and trees, footprints in the ground, bits of flesh that might have been cut off, if it's big enough then the monster might break the branches off of a tree or maybe even topple the tree over.) that would help Geralt find and kill the monster. I saw the use of the Witcher's senses in the demo at E3 but I'm still hopping that the senses will not be completely necessary to track down a monster and that the player will be able to see these things in the environment with no senses.

I'm wishing to see different clues in the environment to whenever Geralt is tracking down a monster. Say Geralt got into a fight with a monster, it began to flee (by flying, running, etc.) and Geralt had to follow it. I'm hoping to see "clues" in the environment (blood on the ground or on leaves and trees, footprints in the ground, bits of flesh that might have been cut off, if it's big enough then the monster might break the branches off of a tree or maybe even topple the tree over.) that would help Geralt find and kill the monster. I saw the use of the Witcher's senses in the demo at E3 but I'm still hopping that the senses will not be completely necessary to track down a monster and that the player will be able to see these things in the environment with no senses.
Well as far as blood goes.. you can still see it without witcher sense mode, it's just not glowing bright red. I like your tree/branches falling idea, that would be cool for some land monsters.

Well as far as blood goes.. you can still see it without witcher sense mode, it's just not glowing bright red. I like your tree/branches falling idea, that would be cool for some land monsters.

I think it would add a level of immersion to the game and make the player feel like a true monster hunter. It might be the Texan in me talking but I just can't wait to hunt and kill some monsters and I have a few more suggestions as to what "clues" could be added into the environment. But until then I just can't hold back my excitement.

I think it would add a level of immersion to the game and make the player feel like a true monster hunter. It might be the Texan in me talking but I just can't wait to hunt and kill some monsters and I have a few more suggestions as to what "clues" could be added into the environment. But until then I just can't hold back my excitement.

Yeah, maybe Geralt will step in some fresh monster shit or pick up a turd or two and see if it's hard. LOL...

I'm sure it's been mentioned many times before, but I would really love it if there was more variety in the voice acting in TW3. I know it's common in video games for one voice actor to do several roles, and CDPR didn't really have a big enough budget for TW2 to hire that many, but it was very jarring and immersion-breaking at times. I guess it was compounded by the fact the voice actors couldn't alter their voices, and that the duplicate voices were found in characters that were in the same chapter and often in quite close proximity. For example, a kaedweni solider in the war camp with Henselt's voice, which was very strange to hear, and a guard in flotsam with Roche's.

Given how big TW3 is, compared to TW2, I really hope CDPR has/will hire more voice actors, or at least those who can do several distinctive voices. They could also be a little smarter how they're placed around the world so that you don't instantly recognise it.

Given how big TW3 is, compared to TW2, I really hope CDPR has/will hire more voice actors, or at least those who can do several distinctive voices. They could also be a little smarter how they're placed around the world so that you don't instantly recognise it.
There was a recent interview by Hip Hop Gamer posted in the 'Interviews & Articles' thread. In that interview CDPR talks about using voice actors from different countries/regions to do VA work. This would allow each region in the game to have a distinct accent type to enhance the immersion, with the goal for every area aside from looking different would sound different.

There was a recent interview by Hip Hop Gamer posted in the 'Interviews & Articles' thread. In that interview CDPR talks about using voice actors from different countries/regions to do VA work. This would allow each region in the game to have a distinct accent type to enhance the immersion, with the goal for every area aside from looking different would sound different.

That sounds great. Thanks for the info!

My Wishlist in designs:

- Geralt with white hair and pale skin...

not this brownish hair and pink skin... :(

- Yennefer black hair... and her eyes... :)

My wishlist in gameplay:

- IMPORTANT: A WITCHER THAT CAN SEE IN THE DARK, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THOSE EYES MEANINGLESS AGAIN.

- I´m not asking for a skill tree, at his 100% at the end of the game, but 50% or less, doesn´t feel good after all those hours, and even wasting talents in things that should be basic or by default in a witcher, or to reach to some specific feature or sign, every single sign or swordmanship feature need to be accessible at your taste.

Just fanboy curiosity:

- This is more a wink to the fans and the books, but Geralt only riding mares, and Ciri riding Kelpa, and "horsey" I think it´s said? making an appearance for her time/space travels, would be nice.

Last edited:
- IMPORTANT: A WITCHER THAN CAN SEE IN THE DARK, PLEASE NOT MAKE THOSE EYES MEANINGLESS AGAIN.

I agree with you on this one. In TW2 they actually wanted you to use a cat potion for it. I'm not sure if Geralt would need that if we follow the lore from the books. The night should still be dark though, otherwise you'll ruin the atmosphere with the lighting and stuff.

Last edited:
- IMPORTANT: A WITCHER THAN CAN SEE IN THE DARK, PLEASE NOT MAKE THOSE EYES MEANINGLESS AGAIN.

Night should be Night. Keep it dark.

I agree with you both. So I was thinking... why don't put a built-in night vision on Witcher's Senses? It could work like being in Geralt's POV. This way you can keep the darkness and also respect the lore.

It is mentioned quite often in the books that Geralt can see in the dark about as well as he can in daylight, however there are at least 2 separate occasions where he consumes a potion to enhance his senses, including night-vision. When fighting the Michelet brothers and when fighting the Striga. In the case of when he's fighting the Striga it is even pointed out that the dim light of dusk is blinding to him.

So I would say that for regular, outdoors, starlit nighttime, Geralt should be able to see quite well (maybe something like vanilla skyrim levels of darkness?) but we could maybe have particularly dark caves and dungeons to explore that are so dark that we should use the Cat potion.

I liked how in TW2 cat allowed him to see and hear the enemies circulatory system,heart-beat and see them through walls, its very accurate to the lore, hope we get it in TW3, also I agree Geralt should be able to see pretty well in the dark without cat

Yeah, I would like to see Geralt seeing in the dark well even without Cat, and use that kind of potions only to amplify his senses to the extreme level, like in the books... remember the fight with the striga?

Top Bottom