Cannot install .NET 3.0 issue

+
Cannot install .NET 3.0 issue

I'm trying to install the EE patch onto my CD version of The Witcher, and I get the "Cannot install .NET 3.0" error right after the cd key is checked. Does anyone know how to get around this? (without a boatload of crazy steps) FWIW, I have XP pro sp3 with the latest updates on an intel 2.4 dual core/8800.This patch is the first game to get me to come back to my PC to play something in a long time, and the error was a pretty grim reminder why I usually just play console games. I loved The Witcher the first time through, so I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this.Thanks for any help.

Check if you got NET 3.0 installed, if you do, uninstall it (unless you are a developer, you normally don't need more than 2.0).Control panel - Software - Show all updates - look for Net 3.0 - uninstall - reboot.

I did have 3.0 installed. Uninstalled it from the control panel, rebooted, and got the same error on the next install attempt.

Hmm tried deactivating your firewall/AV (like completely, not just the main module)?Check the registration and vanworden's new FAQ thread for more details on other ways. It could just be wndows giving you that error but actually it being another

Yeah, firewall, anit-virus, security stuff, it's all off. I even disabled goofy things like the iTunes stuff that runs in the background, and no luck.

I did a search on the forums for .NET and only got one result and most of it wasn't in english, so I couldn't make any sense of it. I put in an email to Atari tech support, from which I expect to get nothing, but at least it will log this bug officially and maybe someday it will get fixed for a future user. I'm going to write this off as another great game obscured by the relative instability of Windows as a gaming platform and go back to the large stack of stuff to play on my consoles.Thanks for the help, though.

Xtopher said:
I did have 3.0 installed. Uninstalled it from the control panel, rebooted, and got the same error on the next install attempt.
did you install .NET back after the reboot?read: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 about the .NET part

Top Bottom