Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i'm due for a new build, i'm thinking:
16 gb DDR3
GTX 880 whenever that drops.

think it'll be good enough to max witcher 3 at 60fps/1080p when it comes out?

That, or close to maxing it: but the only reason I think so is that the developers themselves can't go too far beyond the capabilities of hardware CDPR can buy for them. It's a flimsy reason. Software houses often build products that can't meet performance targets on the high end of their own hardware. But it's the best reason I have.

so i'm due for a new build, i'm thinking:
16 gb DDR3
GTX 880 whenever that drops.

think it'll be good enough to max witcher 3 at 60fps/1080p when it comes out?

Very easily at 1080p. Also, you could save money on the cpu and ram by going for an i5 model (OC) and 8gb, without affecting your gaming much. However, if you've got the extra money for the best, why not? And with those specs I would seriously recommend you look into 1440p/1600p resolution monitors to really step up your gaming experience. 27 inch is the sweet spot if you sit only a couple of feet away from your monitor.

That, or close to maxing it: but the only reason I think so is that the developers themselves can't go too far beyond the capabilities of hardware CDPR can buy for them. It's a flimsy reason. Software houses often build products that can't meet performance targets on the high end of their own hardware. But it's the best reason I have.

It is only logical though, CD Projekt themselves is bound to some extent to the hardware they have.
And they have said to having all kinds of different set ups including systems with middle parts spec wise.

Edit: well scratch that, all sold out.

Last edited:
Very easily at 1080p. Also, you could save money on the cpu and ram by going for an i5 model (OC) and 8gb, without affecting your gaming much. However, if you've got the extra money for the best, why not? And with those specs I would seriously recommend you look into 1440p/1600p resolution monitors to really step up your gaming experience. 27 inch is the sweet spot if you sit only a couple of feet away from your monitor.
hmm true...

the 16 gigs is really there to make sure i can game with a million browser tabs open at the same time. :p

i've got a 660 right now and it seems to be doing well with W2.

I was a bit scared to know that for normal game required i7 quad core processor, 16 Gb of RAM and GTX series videocard. Im playing on double core laptop with 4 Gb and AMD hd 7000 series videocard? Will that be enough for minimum quality or i better start collect moneys for total upgrade or PS4?

Planning to shell out quite a bit for a completely new rig by the end of this or the beginning of the next year too.
I'm basically waiting for the Haswell-E enthusiast line of CPUs and the Maxwell GeForce 900 series to be released and then bleed my wallet dry.

Planning to shell out quite a bit for a completely new rig by the end of this or the beginning of the next year too.
I'm basically waiting for the Haswell-E enthusiast line of CPUs and the Maxwell GeForce 900 series to be released and then bleed my wallet dry.

Wow, that is some serious dedication, I have been eying that Haswell-E line and oh my is that 8 core expensive.

I was a bit scared to know that for normal game required i7 quad core processor, 16 Gb of RAM and GTX series videocard. Im playing on double core laptop with 4 Gb and AMD hd 7000 series videocard? Will that be enough for minimum quality or i better start collect moneys for total upgrade or PS4?

This is exactly what bothers me, with all the cheap unfounded talk of big iron being thrown around by people who really do not know anything about how this game will perform. No, DO NOT plan on upgrading before specs are announced unless you REALLY LIKE SPENDING MONEY ON RUMORS SPREAD BY OTHERS

Unfortunately, "7000 series" covers a lot of GPUs, many of which will be inadequate for this game. I'd expect the 7690M and down to be ineffective, the 77xxM and 78xxM series to be around the stated minimum, and the 7970M to be the only one to play the game really well.
That said, I expect this game will challenge laptops of any configuration, more by the heat it will generate than the specs it will require.

It's been 4 mouths that i posted my build that i might upgrade for TW3. What's better GTX 880 or a 7970 crossfire?
And do you think i can max the TW3 in 1080p 60fps?

7970 Crossfire - I already have one 7970
AMD-FX 8350 8 Core 4.0 GHz
SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 motherboard
8GB Ram
750w PSU
Win 8.1

Wow, that is some serious dedication, I have been eying that Haswell-E line and oh my is that 8 core expensive.
I generally don't upgrade (unless something breaks) but build completely new rigs every 3 or 4 years. It's amazing how much cash you can save up in that time, so shelling out for the latest top of the tier hardware isn't that big of a problem.

Dude, how should we know? There is nothing official yet, it's all speculation. Regarding crossfire, that mostly depends on the drivers provided. And to be honest: why would anybody who's putting serious money in a gaming rig buy AMD CPUs? I'm no Intel fanboy and have had many AMD CPUs in my time, but right now there's no reason to go for AMD unless you're on a budget or don't want a dedicated GPU.

Dude, how should we know? There is nothing official yet, it's all speculation. Regarding crossfire, that mostly depends on the drivers provided. And to be honest: why would anybody who's putting serious money in a gaming rig buy AMD CPUs? I'm no Intel fanboy and have had many AMD CPUs in my time, but right now there's no reason to go for AMD unless you're on a budget or don't want a dedicated GPU.

I don't object to speculation at all. But I'm not hearing speculation. I'm hearing plain unsupported assertions that this game will require high-end computing power to be playable in any satisfying way. I'm hearing assertions that you will have to buy a $600 GPU and $600 worth of CPU, motherboard, and power supply. And I say those assertions are scaring people into believing them, and I want a stop to them.

Thank you for advice . Now i think at least i can play at minimum settings on my laptop and with good settings on PS4 . But after system specs will be officially announced i am surely will get required level PC.

Last edited:
I don't object to speculation at all. But I'm not hearing speculation. I'm hearing plain unsupported assertions that this game will require high-end computing power to be playable in any satisfying way. I'm hearing assertions that you will have to buy a $600 GPU and $600 worth of CPU, motherboard, and power supply. And I say those assertions are scaring people into believing them, and I want a stop to them.

Agreed, though that said, CD Projekt did say that maxing the game will probably require an upgrade and that a beefy pc is needed. Seeing that I would call speculating that high end parts are needed to those wanting to max the game fair, if stated as speculation with atleast a little bit of evidence behind it.
Otherwise yeah, lower settings will probably not need that much brute force and advicing so is unwise.

My CPU (2500K) will be more than 4 years old when The Witcher 3 releases, so I think I'll be wanting to upgrade somewhere in the early summer/spring of 2015 anyway. It had a great four year run. On top of that The Witcher 3 is really a game to build a new rig for. New CPU and motherboard, new GPU, some DDR4 RAM, SSD. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. What I've got in mind now is

- a new shiny high end Broadwell CPU, here's hoping that 14nm will be delicious. (how will these be numbered actually, will they still be called something like i5/7 4970..?)
- probably a GTX 880 3 or 4 GB of VRAM (I'm assuming the 900 series won't be out in 2015 yet)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM (althoug I don't even know how much this affect gaming.....)
- SSD (don't have one yet, so this will be fun)
- playing at 1920 x 1080 (maybe the setup seems overkill for only 1080, but at least it'll be future-proof for a while)

Guess I'll be fine right? Only downfall is that Broadwell will launch in Q2 2015 at earliest, so I won't be able to play The Witcher 3 at launch..

Only downfall is that Broadwell will launch in Q2 2015 at earliest, so I won't be able to play The Witcher 3 at launch..
Then I'm glad I chose to go with my Z97, 4790k build. That will serve me until Skylake comes along.

Btw, a question to one of you more tech savvy guys. How likely is it that TW3 will take advantage of more than 8GB of RAM in any meaningful way?

I don't know if you're comment was addressed to me but if it was. Yeah i'm on a budget that's why i have a AMD-FX 8350. But i was thinking if i needed to upgrade the most important would be a GPU and not a CPU. But if i wanted to get a Intel CPU what are some good options?
Btw my AMD-FX 8350 is Tier 2 compered to other CPUs in this site so that's not so bad in my book.
http://elitegamingcomputers.com/the-best-gaming-cpus/

Last edited:
I want some opinions on what GPUs are good. Give me two examples of AMD and two examples of GeForce GPUs. And money is not a problem.
I ask because crossfire gets me worried. I'm thinking if one GPU would be better even thou i will spend more cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom