Inverted Signs

+
From a gameplay perspective I think it could be really cool to have all those added options. But I really don't think it would fit the lore or the character. Even though the games aren't exactly cannon, the devs have tried their best to stay true to the IP and I think it's working out for the best. Also if Geralt had all of those different magical options he would definitely be a lot less of a swordsman focused character, which is a pretty big change.

Maybe in a mod or for another character that type of implementation would be really awesome, but I'm glad that those different types of signs weren't introduced in TW3. Good creative idea though :)

But I really don't think it would fit the lore or the character. Even though the games aren't exactly cannon, the devs have tried their best to stay true to the IP and I think it's working out for the best.

Melitele bless the Lore!

Hm.... folks.... from 1 to russia .... how drunk you ve been yesterday?! ???

But i admit a reversed YRDEN would be fun .,... hm .... throwing your enemys away hell ya!

I'm overhyped and I have coffee right next to me, so listen to this:

How about we give Geralt the ability to invert signs by casting them backwards ?

• AARD => DRAA - pulls enemies/items close to Geralt (helpful against archers and flying enemies)
  • AXII => IIXA - agitates animals or humans to attack everyone in proximity, horses to throw off riders
  • IGNI => INGI - freezes an enemy with icecold wind, slowing their movement/attacks
  • QUEN => NEUQ - weakens an enemy and lets it take twice the damage for a period of time

...yes, I am bored. We need to discuss something, right ?

These are good ideas, but I'd only want these things if they were done right. Fewer well-implemented signs are always better than many poorly implemented ones.

There are games out there (DA:O comes to mind) where there is a huge variety of spells, but some are either useless or not usable in most situations. I can just imagine a useless NEUQ for example. Geralts spends 1.5 seconds casting NEUQ on an enemy before attacking, with the end result being that it takes longer to kill it than it would if he spent that same time slashing... and it would be made worse if the spell didn't always work.

It's hard to properly balance any of the PC's abilities. INGI might be superfluous if it's just another stun sign (like AARD and IGNI), but easily overpowered if the opponent suffered a vulnerability penalty when frozen. In the latter case you'd get players INGI smashing their way through the entire game, which again makes me think of DA:O.

@Luxorek @wichat

I give up.
The next time I'll bring a better joke, just wait and see ! Grrr...

I should just have written "If you were a sign, I'd prefer the inverted version of you."
But even then someone would read innuendo into it.

It's like Bioware Social Network all over, but with more animated gifs !

Last edited:
Gif? yes, this sudden invasion of gif is my sadly dead. i give up too... I will never be the same from now on...

That's highly unlikely.

But.... but.... I...
....ok, listen to this joke:

A baby seal walks into a club.

*tumbleweed*

Ok, how about these ?

Q: What do you call a deer with no eye?
A: No idear.

Q: How does an octopus go to war?
A: Well armed.

Q: Why does no one play online in Africa ?
A: Too many cheetahs.

...ok, I'll stop. Time for a career change.

Top Bottom