Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want some opinions on what GPUs are good. Give me two examples of AMD and two examples of GeForce GPUs. And money is not a problem.
I ask because crossfire gets me worried. I'm thinking if one GPU would be better even thou i will spend more cash.

I don't know what GPU would be the best, but If I remember well the Game will be optimize with Nvidia in priority, so I think a SLI will probably be more efficient and constant than a CROSSFIRE.

I don't know what GPU would be the best, but If I remember well the Game will be optimize with Nvidia in priority, so I think a SLI will probably more efficient and constant than a CROSSFIRE.
True but i already have a AMD GPU I'm thinking on selling my 7970 and just get a better GPU. Yeah i'm looking at the prices of some Nvidia cards because it seems the TW3 will be well optimized for it.

I want some opinions on what GPUs are good. Give me two examples of AMD and two examples of GeForce GPUs. And money is not a problem.
I ask because crossfire gets me worried. I'm thinking if one GPU would be better even thou i will spend more cash.

People getting worried about Crossfire or SLI setups even being necessary is why I wrote the way I did earlier. Don't let people buffalo you into believing you need to spend money that is yours, not theirs on such setups. We have no b***dy idea whether these are necessary or will even work out of the box.

Generally, one GPU is less than half the headache. Especially with a new game and SLI and Crossfire profiles that haven't been shaken out properly, it's a lot less than half.

Budget nVidia GPU: GTX 760 4GB. I catch flak every time I say this, but the 770's are a lot more expensive for only a fractional improvement. There are now 760's with 4GB, eliminating one of the 770's former advantages.

Top nVidia GPU: GTX 780 or 780Ti 6GB. Probably the best single GPU for the game, given the statements about nVidia GameWorks that were made.

Budget AMD GPU: R9 270x 4GB. These are a substantial improvement over the 7870 they replace, and with the coiners not bidding them out of sight anymore, they're probably the best bargain.

Top AMD GPU: R9 290 or 290x 4GB. These are probably the most performance per dollar you can buy. Whether they will run the game's eye candy as well as the nVidia cards is unknown.

An Intel Core i5 or Core i7 Ivy Bridge or Haswell, or an AMD FX-8xxx, is plenty of CPU to keep the graphics pipeline fed. Anything less, I'd be concerned, because memory bandwidth falls off below those.

Top nVidia GPU: GTX 780 or 780Ti 6GB. Probably the best single GPU for the game, given the statements about nVidia GameWorks that were made
Do you really think that a 6gb 780ti will be necessary for ultra? (speaking 1440p here) I know this is all guesswork, I just want your opinion.

I saw a good price for a Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB In a benchmark it can Max Crysis 3 at 73 and minimum is 61 example giving on this site.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/02/26/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-review/5
Dose anyone have this card is is it good. Btw i'm just gonna upgrade my PC around January 2015 byt then we will have the requirements and the prices might be cheaper as well.
Yeah, the 780ti is a beast of a card, even at higher resolutions it destroys everything. I have only had it for a few months now, but I am very happy with it.

As for sli, I have never used an sli setup before, but I wouldn't be opposed to maybe trying it out for science. In order for that to happen though the price of 780ti's have to drop to about 500$ by the time this game comes out.

People getting worried about Crossfire or SLI setups even being necessary is why I wrote the way I did earlier. Don't let people buffalo you into believing you need to spend money that is yours, not theirs on such setups. We have no b***dy idea whether these are necessary or will even work out of the box.
Top nVidia GPU: GTX 780 or 780Ti 6GB. Probably the best single GPU for the game, given the statements about nVidia GameWorks that were made.
Top AMD GPU: R9 290 or 290x 4GB. These are probably the most performance per dollar you can buy. Whether they will run the game's eye candy as well as the nVidia cards is unknown.
An Intel Core i5 or Core i7 Ivy Bridge or Haswell, or an AMD FX-8xxx, is plenty of CPU to keep the graphics pipeline fed. Anything less, I'd be concerned, because memory bandwidth falls off below those.
Tx for the good information man :) When you said the GTX 780 you mean the Ti as well. And you said that a AMD FX-8xxxis good, i have a AMD FX-8350 would that be ok or would it bottleneck for example a GTX 780 Ti? And yes you're right we don't know if or how it will support Crossfire and SLI but i'm just speculating. As i said i'm just upgrading in Jan 2015 when we have the system requirements.
Btw do you think the 780Ti 6GB price will lower by Jan 2015?

Last edited:
How likely is it that TW3 will take advantage of more than 8GB of RAM in any meaningful way?
I think it might. Plus why not get 8gb? Ram is the cheapest thing ever. Now a days 8gb is stander for gamers who want to push graphics but you don't need more than 8gb.

Last edited:
Tx for the good information man :) When you said the GTX 780 you mean the Ti as well. And you said that a AMD FX-8xxxis good, i have a AMD FX-8350 would that be ok or would it bottleneck for example a GTX 780 Ti? And yes you're right we don't know if or how it will support Crossfire and SLI but i'm just speculating. As i said i'm just upgrading in Jan 2015 when we have the system requirements.
Btw do you think the 780Ti 6GB price will lower by Jan 2015?

Hard to say whether the price will go down. Some companies don't cut prices on old lines when a new line comes out. (Intel is notorious for it. Not sure about nVidia.) It also depends on what happens to the price of RAM. All that GDDR5 figures into the cost.

As a number-cruncher, the AMD FX's, well, they eat the dust from a Core i3. But they're good data-pushers, with memory bandwidth almost equal to the LGA 1150 Core i7's. If what the CPU has to do is mostly supervising transfer of data to the GPU, they'll do that well enough. Especially on a 990FX-based motherboard, which has a lot of PCI-Express capacity.

I think it might. Plus why not get 8gb? Ram is the cheapest thing ever. Now a days 8gb is stander for gamers who want to push graphics but you don't need more than 8gb.
I have 8 gigs of RAM. But my question was, how likely is it that TW3 (and some other games in the future) will be able to use more RAM in meaningful ways. I really don't see the point buying another 8GBs if not.

And costs twice as much

If the fresh round of rumours are true and the 880 still use 28nm chips, than I highly doubt there will be that much of a price difference between the 780ti and 880. It does look like nvidia are having a hard time mass producing the 20nm maxwell cards right now, and will likely delay it to Q2 of 2015 onward, way too late for my new rig. I didn't want to get a 780ti because I know it can struggle to hit 60fps on max settings at 1440p. Darn it.

Btw, a question to one of you more tech savvy guys. How likely is it that TW3 will take advantage of more than 8GB of RAM in any meaningful way?
\
I don't think it will NEED beyond 8GB. By that I mean having 8GB will cause noticeable performance impact?...I don't think so. The only game I'm aware of that "really" utilizes 8GB of RAM is BF4 multiplayer but TW3 will be populated with NPCs not multiple players.

I didn't want to get a 780ti because I know it can struggle to hit 60fps on max settings at 1440p. Darn it.
Yeah, I did not build my rig with this game in mind, I just made the best possible rig with the budget I had, and its fairly high end but its disappointing that the best single card on the market for gaming is going to struggle on a game that comes out a bit less then a year since I built the rig. I guess being #1 can only last for so long.

At this point its pretty much a sure thing that im going to add another one in, im a bit nervous about SLI. Hopefully it works well.

And for the people saying to turn the resolution down, uh, no I don't think that's a good idea. That can create odd visual anomalies. And the higher resolution makes the game look better then turning up any setting will. Turning down the resolution to "max" the game is counterproductive if your goal is the best possible image quality. There is a reason people pay through the nose for higher resolution monitors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom