Nvidia SLI performace (for Nvidia 3D)

+
Nvidia SLI performace (for Nvidia 3D)

Hey guys,
i got a Gtx 570 and it gives me nice peformance on everything maxed out 50fps - 70fps, but in few days i'll be getting a 3D monitor and i did some testing with 3D enabled and i got 18fps - 26fps which is not good at all.
So i am gonna get anohter 570 and SLI it.

Is anyone playing the game with an SLI enabled rig and how is the pefroamce on it?

thank you =]

Hi there,

I'm playing with 580 GTX 3GB SLI, had two 560Ti previously. Perosnally I've had no problems running TW2 as far as SLI goes, the performance isn't quite doubled but it's close ;-). I've not measured anything but clearly it works.

I do have a problem though, I'm running 3 monitors in Portrait mode 3240x1920 and it's broken at the moment. The picture is displayed in a tiny strip in the middle of the screens, looks horrible. Menus are rendered a bit better but still incorrectly and game is unplayable.

BTW I'm getting 40 FPS +/- 10 with gtx 580 SLI 3GB in surround.

i had a 560ti too gave me around same performance as 570 now, but well 570 is abit better + 8/10fps.

was you abel to play witcher 2 with 560ti's in SLI?

Mariusmssj said:
Hey guys,
i got a Gtx 570 and it gives me nice peformance on everything maxed out 50fps - 70fps, but in few days i'll be getting a 3D monitor and i did some testing with 3D enabled and i got 18fps - 26fps which is not good at all.
So i am gonna get anohter 570 and SLI it.

Is anyone playing the game with an SLI enabled rig and how is the pefroamce on it?

thank you =]
i played the witcher 2 on gtx 465 in sli and it certainly helps significantly having sli with 3d running. i also overclocked and it helped. i found a guy on youtube who had my same video card and followed his overclocking settings and that added about 20 extra fps to non 3d and 3d gaming. i also never went over 70 degrees C. turning down a few minor graphics settings will also help. i highly recommend Trine and batman arkham asylum in 3d they are incredible in 3d.

merigoldsass said:
i played the witcher 2 on gtx 465 in sli and it certainly helps significantly having sli with 3d running. i also overclocked and it helped. i found a guy on youtube who had my same video card and followed his overclocking settings and that added about 20 extra fps to non 3d and 3d gaming. i also never went over 70 degrees C. turning down a few minor graphics settings will also help. i highly recommend Trine and batman arkham asylum in 3d they are incredible in 3d.
thank you for the recomendation, i will try out those games!

i so can't wait for my monitor and glasses to come :D, my friend said that witcher 2 is mind blowing in 3D but i know what with everything maxed out my 570 will not cut it!

some people say that turning some of the options down makes the game look better in 3D, is that true?

Mariusmssj said:
thank you for the recomendation, i will try out those games!

i so can't wait for my monitor and glasses to come :D, my friend said that witcher 2 is mind blowing in 3D but i know what with everything maxed out my 570 will not cut it!

some people say that turning some of the options down makes the game look better in 3D, is that true?

Depth of field is commonly turned off when people play in 3D. Sometimes motion blur can be a bit much in addition to the 3D. Also make sure you enable 3D before you load your game or the shadows and lights will not render at the right depth. Take a look at the thread on Nvidia's 3D vision forums about withcer 2 (I think its a sticky), near the end the have some suggestions for setting convergence in the User.ini file as it's currently locked in game (but it looks like the .ini file might be a better option anyways).

If you're looking for a bost in performance you can try turning off AA (and ubersampling if you have it on) because it's needed less in 3D because it tricks your brain a little bit. I have a 560ti OC (880 Mhz) and I run the game at 1920x1080 with ubersampling, depth of field, and motion blur off, everything else is maxed, and I get between 15 and 35fps. If you have the cash and the PSU to handle a second 570 go for it. Make sure your drivers are up to date and everything.

The game really is spectacular in 3D, although I do get some little texture hiccups on faces in 3D not very noticeable not sure if it's driver or video card though. Flashes for no time at all and almost always only in conversations so not much of a bother and only in tiny bits (like the size of his ear) Think it might be hair or something being funky in 3D.

GTCarlson said:
Depth of field is commonly turned off when people play in 3D. Sometimes motion blur can be a bit much in addition to the 3D. Also make sure you enable 3D before you load your game or the shadows and lights will not render at the right depth. Take a look at the thread on Nvidia's 3D vision forums about withcer 2 (I think its a sticky), near the end the have some suggestions for setting convergence in the User.ini file as it's currently locked in game (but it looks like the .ini file might be a better option anyways).

If you're looking for a bost in performance you can try turning off AA (and ubersampling if you have it on) because it's needed less in 3D because it tricks your brain a little bit. I have a 560ti OC (880 Mhz) and I run the game at 1920x1080 with ubersampling, depth of field, and motion blur off, everything else is maxed, and I get between 15 and 35fps. If you have the cash and the PSU to handle a second 570 go for it. Make sure your drivers are up to date and everything.

The game really is spectacular in 3D, although I do get some little texture hiccups on faces in 3D not very noticeable not sure if it's driver or video card though. Flashes for no time at all and almost always only in conversations so not much of a bother and only in tiny bits (like the size of his ear) Think it might be hair or something being funky in 3D.

ohhh 15 - 35 fps is that in 3D or 2D??

Mariusmssj said:
ohhh 15 - 35 fps is that in 3D or 2D??

3D, The lowest I've got is in the pool with the rose of remembrance don't know what it is there that does that. I got 35-60 in 2D so I would guess with right settings you could get 25-40 or so in 3D. But if I had the money to spend on another card to bump my fps like 10-20 in 3D I would, unfortunately I can't tell you how it performs in SLI haven't heard of any bugs though

wow I get better performance on my gtx480 in 3d, thats weird man, I will check later my fps and post back, I get really smooth gameplay with uber off in 3d.

senseioyama said:
Hi there,

I'm playing with 580 GTX 3GB SLI, had two 560Ti previously. Perosnally I've had no problems running TW2 as far as SLI goes, the performance isn't quite doubled but it's close ;-). I've not measured anything but clearly it works.

I do have a problem though, I'm running 3 monitors in Portrait mode 3240x1920 and it's broken at the moment. The picture is displayed in a tiny strip in the middle of the screens, looks horrible. Menus are rendered a bit better but still incorrectly and game is unplayable.

BTW I'm getting 40 FPS +/- 10 with gtx 580 SLI 3GB in surround.

Sweet I am assuming those are the beastly MSI 3 gb graphics cards. I read they are longer than normal cards so what kind of a case are you rocking? I am trying to see if I do end up getting those cards if they will fit in my full size Coolermaster Stacker 832 case.

Top Bottom