Suggestions for TW3 marketing strategy

+
You don´t even know how close to the truth you can be. Yennefer escaping from Nilfgardians intro?

Based on what they did for TW2, I would guess some event not in the game, and some event that doesn't potentially spoil the game story - if Yen escapes from the Nilfgaardians, that's probably something we wouldn't want revealed in advance.
They did some good "explanation" trailers for TW2 that weren't from the story - How to kill a witcher, the one with Geralt and Shilard, 52 and a half (for the Xbox launch).

Based on what they did for TW2, I would guess some event not in the game, and some event that doesn't potentially spoil the game story - if Yen escapes from the Nilfgaardians, that's probably something we wouldn't want revealed in advance.
They did some good "explanation" trailers for TW2 that weren't from the story - How to kill a witcher, the one with Geralt and Shilard, 52 and a half (for the Xbox launch).

No matter if intro or not this will spoil part of the story for sure.

Why should Yennefer escaping from Nilfgaard be a bigger spoiler than Letho killing Demawend (like he did in the intro for TW2EE)?

Why should Yennefer escaping from Nilfgaard be a bigger spoiler than Letho killing Demawend (like he did in the intro for TW2EE)?

The difference (to me) was that we didn't have the slightest idea who Letho, Demavend or that strange unnamed elf with the eyepatch were. We know who Yen is. But fair point.

If they're sticking to their guns and planning on keeping the Alchemy/Bomb system as it is, I really want some kind of Dev Diary or Gameplay piece showing how it actually works. At least if they make some attempt to show it's not as retarded as it sounds and attempt to quell the fears (Or it would be a way of telling us it's in, it's not changing and here's how it works, so start preparing yourself for it), that would be great. That's just me being selfish out of fear though, probably not something they'd actually consider doing until the game is weeks away from coming out.

I'm expecting that CGI Trailer at Gamescom, a bunch more interviews with perhaps a few new tidbits here and there but nothing major. You have to remember, the game is now just under 8 months away and they probably won't start really going heavy with the marketing until the final few months. So at most I'm expecting a few screenshots to pop up once every few weeks/month just to give us something to ogle at (And the media to make posts about them and keep TW3 in everybody minds).

I'm expecting that CGI Trailer at Gamescom [...] So at most I'm expecting a few screenshots to pop up once every few weeks/month just to give us something to ogle at
Oh I wish that @Marcin Momot will show us a screenshot of the characters at a Tavern drinking together, I really like silly things like that :heart: . Happy for the CGI trailer as well, but after that screenshots will be okay until December/January. Trailers spoil so much, want gameplay.

I'm happy with all the information they gave us at the E3, the thing is that with games like this they can't giveaway much info because they could ruin the surprise factor and the self-discovery satisfaction, that just my opionion .

I wanna see some epic fight in rain or snow with wild hunt (no sunny day please)
-not cgi and not cut scenes engine either - pure gameplay!
and you can call it and relaese it like form of benchmark

Last edited:
Has there ever been something that's come out of Gamescom or any of the million PAX events that happen? I cannot recall anything.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Has there ever been something that's come out of Gamescom or any of the million PAX events that happen? I cannot recall anything.

Too much paneer.

and this now legendary interview

Last edited:
*ahem* should have been clearer, has there ever been game footage that's come out of Gamescom? And I don't mean 5 secs long, I mean something like say E3 did it happen for TW2?

Too much paneer.

what

Plus there is the little fact that they still have quite the budget left to pimp the shit out of the game.
It seems unlikely to not have a clear presence at GC.

Hi all... Gotta love that 'fresh meat' achievement! Lol.

I think there is very little they can really show in the way of actual gameplay footage, other than stuff like what we've already seen. I can only assume this is since the game looks to be very story-driven, and they don't want to spoil anything. To be honest, they probably have to be careful even what scenery is shown as certain locations in themselves could be seen as spoliers.
There also probably are people who will decide to grab Witcher 2 and play that beforehand, so maybe they are keeping that in mind also. The Angry Joe interview, when he asked about Triss and Yennefer, you could see the CDPR guys almost wince as though saying 'Joe, shut up!' hoping he'd no say anymore on that.

I would love to see weather patterns, day/night cycle, maybe for them to reveal another monster or 2, show some more underwater stuff, maybe a little sailing. A dev diary would be great, as would something about motion capture, perhaps for combat. It was mentioned in the Angry Joe interview about motion capture, and how true-to-life movement and combat was, so would love to see that, as there hasn't been anything about that.

I'm happy not seeing story, gameplay, i'd rather find everything out on my own. I think they've been doing fine showing us as much as they could, in a way that's showing us as little as they can... ;)

Jupiter_on_Mars

@Dragonbird,
Gameplayer video soon (taken from the E3 material, but good quality output (...)

Not too sure about that. There's still some polishing to do. The Griffon and especially Novigrad footage exhibited some noticeable pop in. Wouldn't you rather have them fix that first?

Does anybody know whether they'll present at SIGGRAPH 2014 10-14 August?
Last year they did and respective slides surfaced eventually.

Speaking of pop-ins, what made me very happy is that CDPR did acknowledge in an interview that they're aware it's there, it's a problem and they're working on it. Even if it ends up not being perfect (which it most certainly will) I, as a consumer, will be satisfied because I know that they will have done the best that they can.

Top Bottom