The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
To hell with it. I'm going to Paradise on whore's arses.
Butts it is then! Lets have some fisstech sniffed from some nice derrière.
Heard it might have a comeback in TW3.
They should make more scenes with a good posterior (supposedly Yen's) for people who also prefer that.

I would say i couldn t see you crying out loud because you get a crisis out of Geralts statement at the end of TW1
buuuuut on the other hand.... at my ... darker side i would catch a cup of popcorn and enjoy the show :p
Weeeeell... I have to say I had read only first two books when I finished The Witcher, so that was not a shock... also because I chose Shani *hehe*
The second time I played it I chose Triss and shortly afterwards I finished reading all the books... so when I completed the game again and I read that statement I was like:

No comment.
Yen/Geralt/Triss threesome still it is MUAHAHAHHA

Is that so? What if I won't, eh? :troll: ]:->
Make a note of this: dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow!

Can you explain what "Shani incident" means? I played W1 years ago and dont remember much...

In TW1 there was an option of "romancing" (oh how I hate that word), either Triss or Shani, by mainly deciding on which woman, you would rather give Alvin to.

In TW2 Shani simply wasn't there, thus creating the whole "Shani incident", for players that chose to give Alvin to Shani.

I hope that helps.

Ok. But you could fuck much more women in W1/W2 and nobody is expecting all of them to be in W3 as "romance option"... to me Shani was just one of them.

Actually Triss and Shani were real love interests, not like the other women. For example, I don't think that gossip-woman you meet around the streets or Vizima can be compared with Shani or Triss...

Actually Triss and Shani were real love interests, not like the other women. For example, I don't think that gossip-woman you meet around the streets or Vizima can be compared with Shani or Triss...

About that matter, do you think Ves was an actual love interest for Geralt, or you know... just another scratch on his sword? Cause I'm still confused about that...

"romancing" (oh how I hate that word)
Yeah that is a weird word for it, also love interest is such a one. I'm sure 70% of the time it's not love in Witcher, but just 2 people who want to have some fun. I don't take it as serious as people do in Bioware forums. Like Geralt and Ves. Literally Geralt only loves Yennefer if you take the books seriously and I'm sure he could love Triss as well if Yen didn't survive the Wild hunt.

Yeah that is a weird word for it, also love interest is such a word. I'm sure 70% of the time it's not love in Witcher, but just 2 people who want to have some fun. I don't take it as serious as people do in Bioware forums. Like Geralt and Ves. Literally Geralt only loves Yennefer if you take the books seriously and I'm sure he could love Triss as well if Yen didn't survive the Wild hunt.

I think it is not needed that she doesn't survive. Considering the last games and all the stuff happened he has a very strong binding to Triss. Also some feelings, that's quite sure.
We'll see what happens in TW3, but I believe it would be also very reasonable to decide that Geralt has feelings for Triss, maybe also loves her.

By the way, how do you define this "Love"? Big question, and something we have to make clear before we can say wich woman Geralt actually loves.

Yeah that is horrible, also love interest is such a word. I'm sure 70% of the time it's not love in Witcher, but just 2 people who want to have some fun. I don't take it as serious as people do in Bioware forums. Like Geralt and Ves. Literally Geralt only loves Yennefer if you take the books seriously and I'm sure he could love Triss as well if Yen didn't survive the Wild hunt.

Well, in the games, with the amnesia matter and so on, both of them would be equally probably a serious partner for Geralt: Triss, because after his amnesia, Geralt built a very deep relationship with her (of course, if the player chose so), and Yennefer, because after TW2, Geralt finally remembers her and his feelings towards her.
It's an interesting love triangle indeed, and I can't wait to see how CDPR has brought it to life.

View attachment 4330

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 50
By the way, how do you define this "Love"? Big question, and something we have to make clear before we can say wich woman Geralt actually loves.

Geralt actually married Yen, he didn't do that with Triss (yet). Also would Triss risk her own death to save Geralt? I'm sure she would but it's just something I'd wonder about. What do you think?

Ok so, I'm having a tough time understanding, the magnitude of the Geralt - Triss relationship, that you guys seem to notice.

This is what we get in the games on that matter so far, provided that you choose to "romance" Triss every time.

The Witcher 1

1) Geralt saying to Triss, that he has a feeling that she is important. (She is.)

2) Geralt has sex with Triss in Kaer Mohren. (Nothing unusual, as far as I'm concerned.)

3) Triss having a tough time saying goodbye to Geralt. (To be expected, her feelings are quite obvious, even in the books.)

4) Triss saving Geralt, curing him in her house, and then asking him to help her dismantle Salamandra. (Again, she did what she was expected to do.)

5) Geralt choosing to give Alvin to Triss. (To me that choice, could be attributed to the fact that Alvin is a Source, and Triss is definitely the most suited to deal with that, even if Shani would be the "better" mother for the child.)

6) Geralt giving Triss a ring, after a drunken discussion with Dandelion and Zoltan. (That decision can be attributed to the fact that he is really confused about Triss, and doesn't really want to hurt her.)

7) Geralt manipulating Triss's feelings, by asking Adda for a kiss, so that the Sorceress would save him. (She would have saved him either way.)

8 ) Geralt sending a letter to Triss, detailing Alvin's situation and his own. All the while admitting his confused feelings about the Sorceress. (He also realizes that a "home life" with Triss is highly unlikely, since he is a witcher, and he is putting the "family" in danger.)

9) Geralt meeting Triss again, and telling her that he does not want to lose her, but it is quite hard to maintain a relationship. Afterwards, Geralt has the option of admitting to Foltest that he loves Triss. (If you notice the journal entry, it is very clear that Geralt understands that Triss wants to make him believe that she is the love of his life. The last sentence, "I realize now that Triss is the love of my life", are the words of a confused man. At least it looks like that to me.)

The Witcher 2

1) Geralt having sex with Triss, in Foltest's camp. (Well they are in a relationship, so nothing unusual.)

2) Geralt worrying about Triss' safety, after the Dragon split them up. ( Again nothing unusual.)

3) Triss telling Geralt everything about Yennefer, after the Witcher demanded it. (Seems to me that Geralt is actually starting to clear his mind, after remembering his own death.)

4) Triss trying to warn Geralt against Sile. (To be expected, since she thought Sile was sent to Flotsam to stop Geralt from catching the Kingslayer.)

5) Triss and Geralt at the elven baths, in Flotsam forest, Geralt giving the Rose of Remembrance to Triss, and afterwards having sex in the baths. (Geralt giving Triss the Rose of Remembrance is quite a strong move, that can again be attributed to the fact that he is still confused. However their relationship is taken to the next level there. Also his words afterwards, that he wants Triss to join him in finding Yennefer, because he doesn't want to lose her, indicates the fact that he is still uncertain about Yennefer, and her state, as well as his feelings about her. He still has not remembered anything about her, he only knows what Triss has told him.)

6) Geralt trying to save Triss from Letho, and afterwards following them in Vergen. (To be expected, given the circumstances of their relationship.)

7) Geralt deciding to save Triss in chapter 3, abandoning his other goals, that were not really his own. (Again it is quite obvious why he did it.)

8 ) Triss admitting to Geralt her position in the Lodge, the Lodges plans and so on, while at the same time apologizing to Geralt. Geralt trusts her.

9) Triss and Geralt leaving Loc Muine together, in search of Yennefer. (Triss can not and would not stop Geralt from going after Yennefer, but she would go with him, to help him and to be with him longer.)

That is all that happened in the games, and in my honest opinion, these events, are in no way comparable to the events in the books. That is why, I think that CDPR would have a really hard time, making the Geralt - Triss relationship, overcome the Yennefer - Geralt relationship. It just doesn't make sense.

To me, all Geralt had with Triss, was mainly the result of his confusion from the amnesia, and Triss' genuine feelings. She would not have tried to "manipulate" him like she did though, if she knew Yennefer is alive. Not out of fear, but out of respect, for both Yennefer and Geralt. Anyway, that's about it.

@nakachoko

Geralt marrying Yennefer is not part of the canon, it is just Sapkowski's present to a couple of his friends that were getting married. Not sure if you knew that.

Triss would definitely give her life to save Geralt. She has come very close to death a lot of times, trying to save him. her feelings are genuine, it's just that Geralt does not feel the same way about her.

Last edited:
@nakachoko But it's also worth mentioning that in Tw2 chapter 3, when you take Shilard as a hostage, he asks Gealt why he's going through such dangers for Triss, and says: "You're in love with her".Geralt clearly evades the topic, which leads to the deduction he actually has some love feeling for Triss.

Last edited:
@nakachoko

Geralt marrying Yennefer is not part of the canon, it is just Sapkowski's present to a couple of his friends that were getting married. Not sure if you knew that.

Triss would definitely give her life to save Geralt. She has come very close to death a lot of times, trying to save him. her feelings are genuine, it's just that Geralt does not feel the same way about her.
B-but for me it is canon. Then there is no true choice in Witcher 3, you will always hurt someone you love or yourself whatever decision you make. I hope CDPR leaves out tears or fights in this. Honestly I'm like 60% for Yen and 40% for Triss, maybe the even closer, it's really almost a tie which one to pick.

Edited:
@Foxtrot1994
He possibly is, in any case he owes he, because she wouldn't be in danger if she wasn't helping Geralt all the time. A job as counsellor for a king would be way more easy for her.

Last edited:
Ok so, I'm having a tough time understanding, the magnitude of the Geralt - Triss relationship, that you guys seem to notice.

This is what we get in the games on that matter so far, provided that you choose to "romance" Triss every time.

The Witcher 1

1) Geralt saying to Triss, that he has a feeling that she is important. (She is.)
2) Geralt has sex with Triss in Kaer Mohren. (Nothing unusual, as far as I'm concerned.)
3) Triss having a tough time saying goodbye to Geralt. (To be expected, her feelings are quite obvious, even in the books.)
4) Triss saving Geralt, curing him in her house, and then asking him to help her dismantle Salamandra. (Again, she did what she was expected to do.)
5) Geralt choosing to give Alvin to Triss. (To me that choice, could be attributed to the fact that Alvin is a Source, and Triss is definitely the most suited to deal with that, even if Shani would be the "better" mother for the child.)
6) Geralt giving Triss a ring, after a drunken discussion with Dandelion and Zoltan. (That decision can be attributed to the fact that he is really confused about Triss, and doesn't really want to hurt her.)
6) Geralt manipulating Triss's feelings, by asking Adda for a kiss, so that the Sorceress would save him. (She would have saved him either way.)
7) Geralt sending a letter to Triss, detailing Alvin's situation and his own. All the while admitting his confused feelings about the Sorceress. (He also realizes that a "home life" with Triss is highly unlikely, since he is a witcher, and he is putting the "family" in danger.)
8) Geralt meeting Triss again, and telling her that he does not want to lose her, but it is quite hard to maintain a relationship. Afterwards, Geralt has the option of admitting to Foltest that he loves Triss. (If you notice the journal entry, it is very clear that Geralt understands that Triss wants to make him believe that she is the love of his life. The last sentence, "I realize now that Triss is the love of my life", are the words of a confused man. At least it looks like that to me.)

The Witcher 2

1) Geralt having sex with Triss, in Foltest's camp. (Well they are in a relationship, so nothing unusual.)
2) Geralt worrying about Triss' safety, after the Dragon split them up. ( Again nothing unusual.)
3) Triss telling Geralt everything about Yennefer, after the Witcher demanded it. (Seems to me that Geralt is actually starting to clear his mind, after remembering his own death.)
4) Triss trying to warn Geralt against Sile. (To be expected, since she thought Sile was sent to Flotsam to stop Geralt from catching the Kingslayer.)
5) Triss and Geralt at the elven baths, in Flotsam forest, Geralt giving the Rose of Remembrance to Triss, and afterwards having sex in the baths. (Geralt giving Triss the Rose of Remembrance is quite a strong move, that can again be attributed to the fact that he is still confused. However their relationship is taken to the next level there. Also his words afterwards, that he wants Triss to join him in finding Yennefer, because he doesn't want to lose her, indicates the fact that he is still uncertain about Yennefer, and her state, as well as his feelings about her. He still has not remembered anything about her, he only knows what Triss has told him.)
6) Geralt trying to save Triss from Letho, and afterwards following them in Vergen. (To be expected, given the circumstances of their relationship.)
7) Geralt deciding to save Triss in chapter 3, abandoning his other goals, that were not really his own. (Again it is quite obvious why he did it.)
8) Triss admitting to Geralt her position in the Lodge, the Lodges plans and so on, while at the same time apologizing to Geralt. Geralt trusts her.
9) Triss and Geralt leaving Loc Muine together, in search of Yennefer. (Triss can not and would not stop Geralt from going after Yennefer, but she would go with him, to help him and to be with him longer.)

That is all that happened in the games, and in my honest opinion, these events, are in no way comparable to the events in the books. That is why, I think that CDPR would have a really hard time, making the Geralt - Triss relationship, overcome the Yennefer - Geralt relationship. It just doesn't make sense.

To me, all Geralt had with Triss, was mainly the result of his confusion from the amnesia, and Triss' genuine feelings. She would not have tried to "manipulate" him like she did though, if she knew Yennefer is alive. Not out of fear, but out of respect, for both Yennefer and Geralt. Anyway, that's about it.
Hats off to your memory! :lol:

When?
Because if you talk about Thanedd coup
She didn't risk her life, she just only found Geralt passed out and seriously wounded in Garstang
Or... (heavy book spoiler here, do not open)
She "saved" Geralt, Yennefer and other people from death summoning Merigold hailstorm during Rivian pogrom.
She really did something in that situation...

Hats off to your memory! :lol:

When?
Because if you talk about Thanedd coup
She didn't risk her life, she just only found Geralt passed out and seriously wounded in Garstang
Or... (heavy book spoiler here, do not open)
She "saved" Geralt, Yennefer and other people from death summoning Merigold hailstorm during Rivian pogrom.
She really did something in that situation...

I do mean her actions during the Thanedd coup. If I am not mistaken, she almost died, trying to teleport herself and Geralt in Brokilon. "Magic takes its toll", and fighting with 30 sorcerers and sorceresses right before the teleport, could not have helped.

When Yennefer and Triss arrived in Rivia, Triss almost ran away. She left Yennefer alone for some time, but then she came back. For Yennefer, Ciri and mainly Geralt. I guess that says much about the magnitude of her feelings. :)

@Foxtrot1994

I did not deny that Geralt has feelings for Triss, I just simply said that I doubt the magnitude, and sincerity of these feelings, since Geralt was really confused by his amnesia. it is just a matter of how you want to view the whole situation I guess. And I choose to view it that way. Doesn't mean that everyone has to view it the same way that I do. I'm just trying to type down my view, since I really like this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom