Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to guess this is right on the minimum requirements for the game to be playable. The CPU is only a Lynnfield, but it's a 4-real-core Lynnfield with the full QPI, not the lesser models. I would keep it. I'd strongly consider upgrading the GPU and the RAM. AMD made a big improvement by going to the GCN architecture (77xx and up).

I have the same opinion as Guy. Buy more ram (one 8Gb or two 4Gb if your Motherboard has Dual Channel) and a new GPU. If you are short on money try a Gtx 650 ti 2Gb or Gtx 750 ti 2Gb. I recommend a Gtx 760 (I'm using one at the moment and it's excelent :D ). Or you could go with a similar AMD card, but as I don't know much about AMD cards I can't say wich one is a good option to you

I'm going to guess this is right on the minimum requirements for the game to be playable. The CPU is only a Lynnfield, but it's a 4-real-core Lynnfield with the full QPI, not the lesser models. I would keep it. I'd strongly consider upgrading the GPU and the RAM. AMD made a big improvement by going to the GCN architecture (77xx and up).

Although I agree with you on AMD being generally superior in terms of performance per Euro I'd argue for a nVidia card if your primary game is TW3, since they're working with nVidia directly (PhysX, HairWorks, Gameworks).

The only reliable source we have on system requirements (at least what i know of) is that John Mamais stated (somewhere i have forgotten) that the consols will look the same or similar to PC on high settings. Your computer is more than dubble the consol performance so it probably will. Tough my guess is that they include some crazy option like ubersampling which you won't be able to have enabled.

thanks mr Bravo.... TW3 is still 8 months away....i just hope my specs are still in the ballpark by then...really dont care about the ubersampling or the 20x antialising...4xAA is more than enough for me...as long as i can run it at ULTRA settings...

Hi everybody, I'm not sure this is the right thread but...I've read that the game will use the Nvidia HairWorks technology...due to the fact I've to upgrade my pc to run the game at the best settings possible, I was going to buy a last generation videocard and I was thinking to a Radeon...so my question is: will this technology be available only for Nvidia owners? And what about the Xbox One version (that will run on an ATI too)? Thank you in advance!

As of June 25, "Devils Canyon" Haswell CPUs (Core i7 4790K, Core i5 4690K) will be available at the usual dealers. They will probably sell like crazy and be in short supply for a while. Z97 (overclocking and SLI) and H97 (no overclocking, no SLI) motherboards are already available. If you want a new CPU and motherboard now, these are the pick of the litter.

So I've just encountered a bit of a hiccup with regard to my new PC upgrades...

Amazon apparently oversold on the Haswell Refresh CPUs and screwed me out of my pre-order. Now, I have a new PSU, a new MOBO, and everything else, except the CPU. Should I just get the 4690 instead of the 4690K which I have no idea when I'll get?

Is the 4690 (no "K") part of the Haswell Refresh?

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I've read that the game will use the Nvidia HairWorks technology...due to the fact I've to upgrade my pc to run the game at the best settings possible, I was going to buy a last generation videocard and I was thinking to a Radeon...so my question is: will this technology be available only for Nvidia owners? And what about the Xbox One version (that will run on an ATI too)? Thank you in advance!

I have the same opinion as Guy. Buy more ram (one 8Gb or two 4Gb if your Motherboard has Dual Channel) and a new GPU. If you are short on money try a Gtx 650 ti 2Gb or Gtx 750 ti 2Gb. I recommend a Gtx 760 (I'm using one at the moment and it's excelent :D ). Or you could go with a similar AMD card, but as I don't know much about AMD cards I can't say wich one is a good option to you
Thank you guys for your suggestions. I'll keep the CPU and maybe try to do an overclock as eskimou said (but i'm not an expert with these things...), and try to change the GPU and put more ram. I'll look at the Gtx 750 or Gtx 760 or something similar . Anyway there are still like eight months before the game comes out so there is still a lot of time to look. But at least now I have an idea. And all my hopes go with the optimization stage! :D

So I've just encountered a bit of a hiccup with regard to my new PC upgrades...

Amazon apparently oversold on the Haswell Refresh CPUs and screwed me out of my pre-order. Now, I have a new PSU, a new MOBO, and everything else, except the CPU. Should I just get the 4690 instead of the 4690K which I have no idea when I'll get?

Is the 4690 (no "K") part of the Haswell Refresh?

No, where do you live?
http://www.microcenter.com/product/434176/Core_i7-4790K_40GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor#

this is the 4790k 10 plus in stock 279.99 plus tax in store only

http://www.microcenter.com/product/434177/Core_i5-4690K_35GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

4690k 199.99 plus tax in stor only............

do you have a microcenter near you? within a 100 miles......worth the drive for a processor plus they do great bundle pricing......

Unfortunately, I don't live in the US at the moment, so I don't have a microcenter within a thousand miles. >_>

I see.....do you have any friends or family in the states you trust enough to get you one and ship it to you?? or is that not feasible for other reasons.....

I see.....do you have any friends or family in the states you trust enough to get you one and ship it to you?? or is that not feasible for other reasons.....

The shipping costs would more or less add up to unreasonable levels, and there's the issue of something being DoA and having to send it back to them. Dealing with online retailers who ship directly (like Amazon) solves that since Amazon covers DoA return shipping.

That new 4790k sure seems lovely. It is that the 880 will still take a while but otherwise those would make for a great build.

That new 4790k sure seems lovely. It is that the 880 will still take a while but otherwise those would make for a great build.

Is that a Maxwell chip card already? Be wary that NVIDIA and AMD try to sell old chips under new names. And the CPU, I got that without a k, because I don't OC. I buy factory OC'ed cards though because of the warranty. Otherwise wait with the card till next year. I might replace my 760 by then again if I feel like.

Is that a Maxwell chip card already? Be wary that NVIDIA and AMD try to sell old chips under new names. And the CPU, I got that without a k, because I don't OC. I buy factory OC'ed cards though because of the warranty. Otherwise wait with the card till next year. I might replace my 760 by then again if I feel like.

My current plan is to build a new rig late januari/early februari. At that time there should be a new series of gpu's to go along with a devils canyon cpu.
I usually get the K edition to overlock when warranty has run out, the price difference is often fairly minor. Nvidia their new chip should be Maxwell, whatever the nm format may be.

Hi everybody, I've read that the game will use the Nvidia HairWorks technology...due to the fact I've to upgrade my pc to run the game at the best settings possible, I was going to buy a last generation videocard and I was thinking to a Radeon...so my question is: will this technology be available only for Nvidia owners? And what about the Xbox One version (that will run on an ATI too)? Thank you in advance!
Hairworks should technically run on AMD cards as well, and the devs have said that it runs just as well on AMD cards. The thing is, you can't really be certain whether this will continue to be the case in the future as well.
Anyway, this isn't the thread for asking questions.

Hairworks should technically run on AMD cards as well, and the devs have said that it runs just as well on AMD cards. The thing is, you can't really be certain whether this will continue to be the case in the future as well.
Anyway, this isn't the thread for asking questions.

Thank you very much and forgive me to have posted in the wrong section! So I have to wait and hope that it will run on ATI cards too...well by the way if Nvidia has Hairworks technology AMD has Tressfx right?

That new 4790k sure seems lovely.
It sure does seem so. Not any personal experience since mine just got delayed another 2 weeks (importer having some issues I guess)

Really annoying since all the other parts of my build are in my "project cabinet" waiting for the CPU to arrive -.-'

It sure does seem so. Not any personal experience since mine just got delayed another 2 weeks (importer having some issues I guess)

Really annoying since all the other parts of my build are in my "project cabinet" waiting for the CPU to arrive -.-'

The ironic thing is that my local pc shop already has a few of them and they are usually extremely slow when it comes to new tech.
They just sit there...tempting me to buy one.
Still, I think that it will be worthy of your wait, reviews so far seem very positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom