+

Yennefer black hair

• Black

Votes: 312 91.2%
  • Brown

Votes: 30 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That it is her trademark? Well, i quoted some sentences from the books in another post:

I know. But we are not in the books here. That's what I wanted to say.
See, no one cares about Triss red hair anymore, right? It is just normal that many people are not very satisfied. From a book you get a very different imagination of a person from person to person, so it is not possible to get her like everyone wants her to be.
I think most of all we just need time. We have to play the game with her, familiarize us with her view. See her acting, talking, and so on. Then we'll know if she really fits :)

(btw, for me she is "a perfect looking sorceress" :p )

Aimed at all those who rend their garments because Geralt's hair does not seem entirely white or white enough, if you do not conceive Geralt with a different color hair, neither of you should accept Yen with any hair color than the Black Raven.

I want Geralt´s white hair, and Yen´s black hair, the thing about everyone imagining a person in a different way, isn´t true, at least until a certain point, you can picture the inkeeper like you want, all what it is said about him, it´s his job, picture who you want or what you want, but you can´t picture in your head Geralt being interpreted by Leonardo Dicaprio, maybe everyone has some different details for the characters on their heads, but in all our heads there are some basic features given to us, not open to interpretation. like Geralt white hair as a trademark of his unique mutation, without that he´s just Vesemir, an old guy with gray air, and Yen has an astonishing black hair, with violet eyes, black with white clothes and lilac/gooseberry perfume. :)

Last edited:
I want Geralt´s white hair, and Yen´s black hair, the thing about everyone imagining a person in a different way, isn´t true, at least until a certain point, you can picture the inkeeper like you want, all what it is said about him, it´s his job, picture who you want or what you want, but you can´t picture in your head Geralt being interpreted by Leonardo Dicaprio, maybe everyone has some different details for the characters on their heads, but in all our heads there are some basic features given to us, not open to interpretation. like Geralt white hair as a trademark of his unique mutation, without that he´s just Vesemir, an old guy with gray air, and Yen has an astonishing black hair, with violet eyes, black with white clothes and lilac/gooseberry perfume. :)

*in the books.
We are not in the books here.

And as CDPR already stated, Yens hair is black. If it is not black enough for your imagination, that's bad, but you cannot blame CDPR for not making her hair black. They have.
And for many people it is enough, I would say.

*in the books.

And as CDPR already stated, Yens hair is black. If it is not black enough for your imagination, that's bad, but you cannot blame CDPR for not making her hair black. They have.

YEs, and they say that Geralt's hair is white and for many people it is not enough.

Yen, as Geralt are 2 predefined characters with very very unmistakeable features, impossible to change them if, as they say, TW3 approaches the aesthetic pattern books (world, landscapes, monsters, supporting characters, main characters ...)

To me I do not care if anyone else in any other game drawn to blond or redhead Yennefer but if CDPR who makes it, at least they are consistent with their words remaining faithful to the main characters portraits. It's not about freedom of creativity, is about a word given.

Last edited:
*in the books.

Yennefer has chestnut hair colour in that trailer, period, it´s not my opinion, it´s a picture, there it is what it is, I´m not picking on people who like that hair colour, but I´m saying if someone states, over and over again, their prime goal, it´s the fidelity to the world and characters, that´s a contorversy.

I remember when they said they don´t will put crossbows on the game, because it´s unfaithful to the lore, or horse combat, and there they are, and I can live with that, those are game features for those who want them, and doesn´t really "break" the lore, but changing a character, even only on how he or she looks, then I´m sorry but who agrees with that don´t know Geralt, Yen, Ciri and company near enough, their design, is so intimately related to who they are, and their charisma, that even a little flaw like that, from a studio that boast, again and again, love for the detail, from the tiniest leaf on the ground to the script, and fidelity, as fan, not only of the books, but the games and the studio for their previous work, and obviously the best if not the only good company policy in the industry of gaming...

Then as costumers and fans we have the right to speak our voices, always with respect, and them the right to answer if they see fit, and if they want to change something for whatever reason they only have to speak honestly, without PR tricks.

Last edited:
If you guys don't trust cdpr when they say something, what's the point of them replying to our questions? Her hair will be black.

They have given us their word her hair is black and will be black. So does that mean you don't trust them?
I am just curious.

You are confusing our desire to speak freely our impressions on their work so far, for feedback, with just annoying criticism, just because, any company is perfect, even CDPR, but thanks Melitele they are the closest I know, and I totally believe in an almost perfect deliver from their part, that´s not gonna stop me from speak my opinion. :)

Last edited:
They have given us their word her hair is black and will be black. So does that mean you don't trust them?
I am just curious.

I've trust them but after the invisible Triss's scar and the sudden stellar show of the crossbow.... I don't know where I'm.

If you guys don't trust cdpr when they say something, what's the point of them replying to our questions? Her hair will be black.

I believe it´s gonna be black, because they said after the trailer it´s gonna be black, it wasn´t before. But it´s not only the hair thing, it´s more about and overall impression, the hair just seems to be the prime focus. :)

I believe it´s gonna be black, because they said after the trailer it´s gonna be black, it wasn´t before. But it´s not only the hair thing, it´s more about and overall impression, the hair just seems to be the prime focus. :)
Well, fair enough. But then that's just a personal opinion which you are ofcourse free to express. But you don't need to repeat it like your view is the right view.

Well, fair enough. But then that's just a personal opinion which you are ofcourse free to express. But you don't need to repeat it like your view is the right view.

I´m really sorry, but the hair colour it´s not a personal opinion, it´s there, nothing more nothing less, the sky is blue, period, it´s not personal, Triss has red hair, period, it´s not personal, Yennefer clothes are black, period, it´s not personal, Yennefer´s hair is brown.

I´m really sorry, but the hair colour it´s not a personal opinion, it´s there, nothing more nothing less, the sky is blue, period, it´s not personal, Triss has red hair, period, it´s not personal, Yennefer clothes are black, period, it´s not personal, Yennefer´s hair is brown.
I was replying to this: "But it´s not only the hair thing, it´s more about and overall impression". We had already established that the hair discussion was pointless because cdpr said the hair will be black ingame.

I was replying to this: "But it´s not only the hair thing, it´s more about and overall impression". We had already established that the hair discussion was pointless because cdpr said the hair will be black ingame.

Oh, I apologize, I answered in automata mode, I am used to be replied about the hair colour again and again, ha ha ha, but yeah the overall impression is of course open to personal taste. :)

Last edited:
I disagree. Raven black hair would look far better.
This particular thing needs to be like in the books. I can accept what they did to Triss, but not Yennefer please.
Why would it be okay with Triss and not with Yen? Also it was just the sunlight. I want her hair to be delicious chocolate brown in stinging sun :peace:

Why would it be okay with Triss and not with Yen? Also it was just the sunlight. I want her hair to be delicious chocolate brown in stinging sun :peace:

Triss, as much as it can hurt many people here for what I can read, it´s a secondary character, in the witcher saga as a whole, taking into consideration not just the games, well, the second was the only with a certain relevance from her part, as much as we love her or Zoltan, or Jaskier because they are friends of the main characters, they are as secondary characters, as side quests to the game, and even then many of us would change her to a more canon design, but it´s not prioritary on a side character.

Geralt and Ciri are the main characters, with Yennefer really close to make those 3, the Trinity of The Witcher Saga. They are in another league.

About Yen´s hair, pleeeeeassseeeee, do not start again the stupid lighting thing, I don´t have any rights to discuss with someone that tell me "Yes it is brown hair, and I love it, I love her chestnut curls" I don´t agree, but I respect that, but don´t live in denial, the sky is blue, and Yen´s hair is brown (in the images we saw so far).

Last edited:
Triss, as much as it can hurt many people here for what I can read, it´s a secondary character, in the witcher saga as a whole, taking into consideration not just the games, well, the second was the only with a certain relevance from her part, as much as we love her or Zoltan, or Jaskier because they are friends of the main characters, they are as secondary characters, as side quests to the game, and even then many of us would change her to a more canon design, but it´s not prioritary on a side character.

If CDPR wouldn't have made their own canon and story telling they would have told us about her earlier. In TW1 there is just stories about Yen and Ciri in taverns. So I wouldn't go crazy about everything being 100% to lore.

About Yen´s hair, pleeeeeassseeeee, do not start again the stupid lighting thing, I don´t have any rights to discuss with someone that tell me "Yes it is brown hair, and I love it, I love her chestnut curls" I don´t agree, but I respect that, but don´t live in denial, the sky is blue, and Yen´s hair is brown.

Well I doubt as well it was the lighting, I think CDPR wanted to be like this. They want it to look brown just like I do and I use the lighting excuse just because I DON'T want the devs to change her, she is perfect like that. Some people also got mad about her looking young. Why can't she look as young as Triss? The devs choice, just like mine to have this opinion I write down here. I'm very civil about this, so I don't agree that I shouldn't be allowed to talk about this.

What it surprise me is reading this in your signature...
Join us if you prefer Yen.

Top Bottom