Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
HAve Bioware a stock of strogens in store?

Males seem gays, and gays seem women.... where androgen looks are going? I wonder if the testosterone has been kept exclusively for adolescent male players ... as if they did not already have an excess of it by nature.

Oh! look at me, all the stupidities I am writing here because this pictures! There are absolutly dangerous!

He is gay? I would never have imagined by just looking at his picture...:p

Seriously, is it even possible to make more clichéd characters? And who the hell cares if he is gay or not? Jesus, Bioware and their weird gender equality agenda these days. What happened to the good, ol' Bioware?

:facepalm:

Im the least worried about some characters being gay or not. Love and romantic relationships are totally optional, you can skip those entirely and focus on demon killin', which is the "main plot". :p

What I DO take offense is the same characteristics on ALL the characters... ARE THEY ALL snarky, witty, giving one-liners every 5 minutes????
The hopes I had when I first played Dragon Age Origins, that they would take more from G.R.R: Martin than Tolkien in the future releases really have been crushed for good. This is the same beaten path they took with DA2, the "Felicia Day" DLC and all that crap. Ugghh.

Definetely not buying this one this year. IF I ever get this, it would be from the bargain bin, and out of morbid curiosity. If it's ANY GOOD, that is.
Id much rather make mistakes buying from new developers or new IPs than throwing my money at these folks...

Besides, isn't it more sexist to have a gay character that looks like a walking gay cliché than ignoring homosexuality altogether - and therefore contradicts their agenda?
After all, just because it's not explored in the game, doesn't mean there are no homosexual characters - within the party or without.
I'm under the impression that the US are obsessed with political correctness, to a degree that does more harm to just causes than it does good. Bioware's approach to it is just catering to the Zeitgeist of political correctness zeal and one big marketing stunt, imho.

I can't care about a character's sexual orientation but......... that's their defining characteristic? C'mon... And literally from the very first look you could tell he would be.

Just something I came across today, sort of related:

DA2 was a boring game

What i heard it is gonna be a massive game i think it ties down those 2 plots from DAO and DA2... ( It better waving my fist in anger :D ) I even have to buy a better graphics card that could handle both the Dragon age and the Witcher 3 that is coming next year. Now i have this crappy 560 GTX OC it's ok but not the best there is. I was thinking of 750Ti model from MSI dunno yet there is so many similar to that so it's hard to choose... Looking forward to both games even though DA2 was a booooring game but glad they are bringing back the races :)

Ps! I would hate to start another char just to find out that those choices i made in the previous games meant nothing and then i play DA3 through only to find out it says at the end TO BE CONTINUED that would be jaw dropping moment right there and before that it says congratulations you manged to kill all your party members how does it feel ... Knowing me that could actually happen.

Last edited:
While I applaud Bioware for making gay LIs, they couldn't be more stereotypical. A tomboy-ish aggressive lesbian and a dashing flirtatious and snarky gay man. Would have been more interesting if say the Iron Bull was gay and Vivienne is lesbian.

But the real missed opportunity is making a Tevinter Magister be completely opposed to Tevinter. It seems, as usual, that Bioware wants to force feed you conclusions (the Tevinter Imperium is evil!), without having you explore it yourself and make conclusions. Why not have a mage supremacist companion? Imagine the possible conflicts Dorian and Vivienne could have had, both powerful mages, who believe in different things. What's the point of having companions who all more or less believe in the same thing?

That was the awesome thing about Sten, for instance, who was unashamedly promoting the Qun. There is a degree of influence and change that the Warden can be responsible for, but he still remains Qunari through and through. Or say Canderous Ordo.

Dragon Age is not like LOTR at all, in fact very few modern fantasy worlds are like LOTR, TES being the closest (but not like it)

Is that picture official stuff? Cause it looks very amateurish. Anyway, if I am gonna play the game, I'm not gonna take it too seriously and maybe kill off the annoying party members. Wonder how many will survive. The only one I like right now is Cassandra, and that's because she looks like a 'I-take-no-bullshit' person. Hopefully she's not just bitchy for the sake it.

Is that picture official stuff? Cause it looks very amateurish. Anyway, if I am gonna play the game, I'm not gonna take it too seriously and maybe kill off the annoying party members. Wonder how many will survive. The only one I like right now is Cassandra, and that's because she looks like a 'I-take-no-bullshit' person. Hopefully she's not just bitchy for the sake it.

Good way to approach the game. And Cassandra may be the only character I can take seriously, so if I can stick with just her and leave the rest, I'd be tempted to buy. Truth is the gameplay is what keeps me coming back to Bioware's better games. Played ME1 and ME2 multiple times for classes and combat.

Yepp, it's official stuff. I copied it right from Bioware's own twitter feed... ;)

Well, I'll take Cassandra, Varric, and Morrigan (if she can be in a party). May be I'll take Liliana as well for old times sake (I screwed her once, and it was all right).The rest I'll find a way to kill off if they are two obnoxious. Even though Bioware doing everything in order to loose me as a customer, I shall persevere and buy the game. :)

I wonder how will conversation with companions look like. I hope it won't be either:
1) "I totally agree with you." "You agree with me? You are best friend I ever had! Do you want to know about my childhood?"
or
2) "I disagree with you." "You disagree with me? You are the worst person in Thedas!... Do you still want to know about my childhood?"

Damn, both Iorveth and Roche could take criticism and still be good friends of Geralt (if he chose their path). In DA and ME, I was just nodding and it felt as if I tried to manipulate my companions to stay with me. It wasn't friendship at all.

vivaxardas: Morrigan and Leliana won't be companions (such a shame :( ), just allies/important NPC.

Top Bottom