Curse You GOG!

+
I'll be interested in using it only if they'll open it up. Closed clients for managing installation? No, thanks. Alternatively they can document the protocol used by the client, so open version could be developed by the community.

I'll try it out, but it's not exactly a killer app. I can see people being pleased with automatic updates and the such though. If you can use it to run servers with certain online titles that would be a boon for me.

If it provides easy incremental updates/patching, I might be interested. One thing I find slightly annoying is having to redownload an entire game to get the latest version.

But it must remain optional and clean: no third party crapware, no info gathering, Etc. Even better: make it open source to prove it.

And as a launcher, let us set library paths on the linux version. Steam still doesn't get it right.

Shit. So much for putting more cash into savings.

Just bought IL2 1946. Been a long time since I've played a good combat flight sim. Just $2.

Tons of games on sale, including Shadow Warrior. But I'm not really buying much on GOG lately. Mostly waiting for their Linux rollout later this year.

Last edited:
Damn... that D&D bundle is looking at me... Only played NwN 1. Very, very tempted to purchase this package.

Only NWN1? Do it! Do it now! There are some of the best RPGs in existence in that package. But be prepared to sink hundreds of hours into those games.

Only NWN1? Do it! Do it now! There are some of the best RPGs in existence in that package. But be prepared to sink hundreds of hours into those games.
I know, I know! It's a major hole in my gaming upbringing. :facepalm:

I'm just worried that they'll be too clunky.

I know, I know! It's a major hole in my gaming upbringing. I'm just worried that they'll be too clunky.
If you can still imagine playing NWN, I don't think you'll find the others too clunky. They share a lot "under the hood". There are some annoyances (like the pathfinding, some UI elements or some of DND2's systems), but overall they aged very well - even the graphics still look beatiful.They're a lot less painful to play than most other old games.

I only recently played BG and BGII for the first time (and in fact I'm still in the middle of BGII:ToB ) and BGII, despite its age, was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I had in many years.

If you can still imagine playing NWN, I don't think you'll find the others too clunky. They share a lot "under the hood". There are some annoyances (like the pathfinding or some of DND2's systems), but overall they aged very well - even the graphics still look beatiful.They're a lot less painful to play than most other old games.

I only recently played BG and BGII for the first time (and in fact I'm still in the middle of BGII:ToB ) and BGII, despite its age, was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I had in many years.
Ohh... crap.

Eh, who needs money anyway, right?

GOG owes you a bit of the 19.11$ they made off me.

So I just blindly bought Expeditions:Conquistador on a Flash sale, not knowing too much about the game. Are my 3.99 $ going to haunt me for that?

So I just blindly bought Expeditions:Conquistador on a Flash sale, not knowing too much about the game. Are my 3.99 $ going to haunt me for that?

Your conscience will haunt you because 3.99 is a steal for that game! This is easily one of the better strategy/RPG hybrids from the bunch that have recently come out, including the popular XCOM EU.

It is a mix of alternate history (Spanish conquest of the Americas) and a bit of fantasy, with an overlay of resource utilization (supplies, party mood and drama, riches, camping, hunting, harvesting, disease, injuries, etc.) with very intense turn based battles. It offers more tactical depth than XCOM or The Banner Saga, both of which are actually fairly simplistic. The writing is surprisingly good, and there are plenty of chances to make decisions that more or less affect the flow of the story and the world around you. In essence, your actions may effectively change the state of the new world upon your return to Spain.

It's also quite difficult. Your expedition members may die from disease or injury if not taken care of, and even camping is a mini game in itself. You must assign patrols, tasks like food preservation, caravan repairs, the creation of weapons or traps, preparation of medicine, etc. Events may also happen where you have to make choices, as the commander you are, and not everyone will be happy. Each expedition member has its own personality (greedy, racist, religious, adventurous, etc.) and they may even speak their minds in favor or against you. Their individual morale also affects their performance in combat.

Anyway, have fun!

Your conscience will haunt you because 3.99 is a steal for that game! This is easily one of the better strategy/RPG hybrids from the bunch that have recently come out, including the popular XCOM EU.

It is a mix of alternate history (Spanish conquest of the Americas) and a bit of fantasy, with an overlay of resource utilization (supplies, party mood and drama, riches, camping, hunting, harvesting, disease, injuries, etc.) with very intense turn based battles. It offers more tactical depth than XCOM or The Banner Saga, both of which are actually fairly simplistic. The writing is surprisingly good, and there are plenty of chances to make decisions that more or less affect the flow of the story and the world around you. In essence, your actions may effectively change the state of the new world upon your return to Spain.

It's also quite difficult. Your expedition members may die from disease or injury if not taken care of, and even camping is a mini game in itself. You must assign patrols, tasks like food preservation, caravan repairs, the creation of weapons or traps, preparation of medicine, etc. Events may also happen where you have to make choices, as the commander you are, and not everyone will be happy. Each expedition member has its own personality (greedy, racist, religious, adventurous, etc.) and they may even speak their minds in favor or against you. Their individual morale also affects their performance in combat.

Anyway, have fun!

Wow, thanks! That definitely sounds like a steal :) Can't wait to play it, I just have Papers, Please and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger left in the queue.

Bought a bunch of games during the sale.

• Risen 1 + 2 [PB games strike that nostalgia chord in my body. Played them before, but never to completion]
  • Bard's Tale [loved it in Polish, now I'm gonna see how's the English dub]
  • Jade Empire [classic and one of those "forgotten" Bioware RPGs]
  • Brutal Legend [never played it, always wanted to]
  • System Shock 2 [ditto]

Now I gotta find the time... grr... damn work.

So, is the price for the Heroes Of Might and Magic Series a good one for what you get? It's $17.44. Oh, and how's the Spellforce saga? Is it any good?

EDIT: Yay, I've hit 500 posts! :victory:

Last edited:
Sad to say, I didn't get anything this time, I still have a big backlog from previous sales. But I was tempted by Leisure Suit Larry, just for the nostalgia trip.

Top Bottom