The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they can just use the books as a template, and add their game story to it. Not the mountain out of a molehill you make it out to be.

??? I've only read each one of your posts and they aimed me to this conclusion: you don't accept the possibility that CDPR makes Yenn a strong option. Later you have changing your mind by reducing all in a simple matter of choice. Who has made a molehill here?

But here's a simple solution: choices which will follow book canon and choices based solely on CDPR's plot.

Third option: a mix of them. :p

There's no reason they can't mix them. It's their game after all. I doubt they are under contract to follow the books to the letter, and based on the evidence from previous games, they aren't following the books to the letter, which is an understatement to say the least.

??? I've only read each one of your posts and they aimed me to this conclusion: you don't accept the possibility that CDPR makes Yenn a strong option. Later you have changing your mind by reducing all in a simple matter of choice. Who has made a molehill here?

Quote where I said Yen shouldn't be an option, let alone a strong one. I said Triss should be an option, that's it.

Guys let's just imagine that in 8 months we'll play TW3 and then we'll come back here and laugh at our old posts.

Also, should we open up a bet? Who guessed what?

Guys let's just imagine that in 8 months we'll play TW3 and then we'll come back here and laugh at our old posts.

Also, should we open up a bet? Who guessed what?

I'm game, let's hope we're all happy and healthy in 8 months time. Not to mention, happy with how the game turned out, choices and all.

Last edited:
The only molehill I see is your fear that CDPR ere unable to do it correctly. A long time ago CDPR stated Triss/Yen followers would be surprised by the plot.... Today you still claiming for a subject that is already fixed: a choice.

Our wishes are that this choice been coherent, hard and free. Have you read the whole thread, perhaps? ;)

The only molehill I see is your fear that CDPR ere unable to do it correctly. A long time ago CDPR stated Triss/Yen followers would be surprised by the plot.... Today you still claiming for a subject that is already fixed: a choice.

Our wishes are that this choice been coherent, hard and free. Have you read the whole thread, perhaps? ;)

There is no chance that I will read the entire thread. Again, why must giving the players a choice between Yen and Triss degrade either one? At no point did I say CDPR might not be able to do it correctly. I also don't 'fear' anything got to do with a video game. What would irk me however, is them not giving the payer a choice at all, and simply force Yen down our throats.

Last edited:
What would irk me however, is them not giving the payer a choice at all, and simply force Yen down our throats.

Again? When did CDPR say they would force us Yen down our throats? So if CDPR force us Triss down our throats you would be fine with it? I don't understand you at all. What part of "A long time ago CDPR stated Triss/Yen followers would be surprised by the plot.... Today you still claiming for a subject that is already fixed: a choice." you don't understand?

Locking until everyone calms down. Do you think two days will be enough?

Everybody taken a deep breath yet?
No more posts attacking each other please.

Last edited:
Again? When did CDPR say they would force us Yen down our throats? So if CDPR force us Triss down our throats you would be fine with it? I don't understand you at all. What part of "A long time ago CDPR stated Triss/Yen followers would be surprised by the plot.... Today you still claiming for a subject that is already fixed: a choice." you don't understand?

Again, where did I say CDPR will force Yen down our throats? I stated it would irk me if they did, not that they will actually do it. And no, I wouldn't be fine with Triss being shoved down our throats either.

By all means, rather than continue this pointless back and forth, how about you actually show me where CDPR have confirmed that a choice between the two will be given. As if it has been confirmed that there is a choice, this whole thread is redundant.

Last edited:
Again, where did I say CDPR will force Yen down our throats? I stated it would irk me if they did, not that they will actually do it. And no, I wouldn't be fine with Triss being shoved down our throats either.

By all means, rather than continue this pointless back and forth, how about you actually show me where CDPR have confirmed that a choice between the two will be given. As if it has been confirmed that there is a choice, this whole thread is redundant.

It was strongly hinted during the Angry Joe interview.

Nobody hates him, we all love him. Of course you can mention him :)
@seasonedwitcher. No, there's been no direct statement from CDPR regarding the Yen/Triss decision. Just the strong hint in the Angry Joe video.

Nobody hates him, we all love him. Of course you can mention him :)
@seasonedwitcher. No, there's been no direct statement from CDPR regarding the Yen/Triss decision. Just the strong hint in the Angry Joe video.

That's fine, might as well leave it there so. The other user was mentioning something from a good while back, but it's very vague, at best. I just thought that maybe I had missed something.

This thread discusses the Triss/Yennefer choice, that we all assume will take place in TW3. WE might not know for sure, but we assume that there will be a choice. The thread is not discussing just whether we will or will not have a choice in TW3. It also discusses how such choice should be implemented, and our opinions on it.

It is thus, not a pointless thread. How we got to argue people wanting or not wanting to have a choice, that I do not know. Nobody said anything like that. Everyone wants to have a choice. And almost everyone assumes that there will be.

So I'll give you that, this particular discussion is indeed pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom