Football Thread (actual "football")

+
I wonder how long Argentina will be able to keep this up. It's looking less and less encouraging with every passing game. I really want Messi to win the Cup so the skeptics will finally agree that he's the best there ever was (honestly, how can people still doubt this?), but he's doing the majority of the work.

Who knows. Maybe they'll do a Spain and sleaze their way to a cup with small wins by their teeth.

Yeah, the other players of the team rely on Messi to do all the work to get to the rival GK. The possibility of him getting injured makes me shiver, because then we´d be utterly ruined.

So, we should have two fine matches today. Too bad I won´t be able to watch any of them (I´ll be at work during France-Germany, and taking my fiancee to see a doctor during Brazil-Colombia).
Good luck to all involved!

Congrats, Germany!
Neuer shined again, I guess. Right, @EmperorZorn?

Oh yeah. He denied some certain goals, keeping his cool like an icecube.
All that was missing was him wearing sunglasses.

Overall it was an even match, although I have to say France played a better offense, especially in the 2nd half.
But to no avail, the German defense was in top shape and so was Neuer.

It was a pretty weak performance by France tbh. Germany didn't even break a sweat, they were just waiting out the second half. A bit disappointing for a quarter final at this level.

France was strong enough to keep our offense in check, most of the time. With a bit more luck, we could have scored at least a second goal. (And with a less monstrous keeper than Neuer, France might have scored twice as well. ;) )
SEMIFINALS!! ;D
What a shame about Neymar, though... without him, it's not what this semifinal would have deserved. (But I won't lie, I think our chances of advancing to the final have improved a lot.)

€: For those who might be interested - here is a way too long compilation of awesome Neuer scenes ;)

Last edited:
France was strong enough to keep our offense in check, most of the time. With a bit more luck, we could have scored at least a second goal. (And with a less monstrous keeper than Neuer, France might have scored twice as well. ;) )
SEMIFINALS!! ;D
What a shame about Neymar, though... without him, it's not what this semifinal would have deserved. (But I won't lie, I think our chances of advancing to the final have improved a lot.)

€: For those who might be interested - here is a way too long compilation of awesome Neuer scenes ;)

2:31 ...epic, just epic.

Dare I say, a typical Argentina win? Get an early goal, then suffocate the other guys.

Even if Messi didn't score, Belgium had to throw too many defenders at him, and this set up the one goal.

Dare I say, a typical Argentina win? Get an early goal, then suffocate the other guys.
Even if Messi didn't score, Belgium had to throw too many defenders at him, and this set up the one goal.

Poor Messi. Sometimes I think he is the only one taking football ciriously in that team.
He works like a mula while the others stand next to him and watch, waiting for the ball~

I think the team worked better as a whole today.
The defense was solid, there were good counter-attacks, and particularly Higuain played one hell of a match.

I wouldn't mind if Argentina wins the cup. It has been a while since an American team that is not Brazil won.

I'd rather have Argentina than Brazil win it.
But we aren't out of the equation yet, don't take us lightly~
Aren't "out"? You guys are the favorites. And now with Neymar's unfortunate injury, it's even more likely you'll (at least) reach the final.

I hope Argent Messi will win because I want to witness historic events. If he brings the cup, from Brazil no less, even the skeptics will have to finally admit he's the all-time best.

Well, him and Neuer. What a cheetah.

Last edited:
Yeah Germany would also be ok :p But Europe has already won twice in a row, so ...
I can't even remember our last championship, though I had already been born then... so it's about damn time for us! More importantly, many of our very best players most likely won't play another world cup - Klose, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Mertesacker, mainly - so it's now or never for them, too.

Top Bottom