If the game doesn't have [blank] i will be disappointed..

+
This just highlights the major problem game developers face.
It's impossible NOT to alienate a portion of your prospective buyers by incorporating features another portion of your buyers can't live without.
In the end it comes down to:
1 - Cater to the largest portion of the crowd regardless of whither a given feature fits in your game design/concept or not
2 - Decide what features fit/work best with your game and let the chips fall where they may

While it would be nice if the discussions here influence the design of CP2077 in no way, shape, or form should they dictate it.

They've R&D and they themselves are fans of the PnP who consult themselves with author of the whole setting. I doubt they'll do something that might feel wrong for the whole project, but I also doubt they'll consider voices of a few people around here as important enough to base their game development around them, especially when we're kept in the dark and have no idea how it plays out. I think they have already decided to go with option 2 and as long as features will fit together I don't mind it.

I agree and am 99.99% certain you're correct Safe-r.
But I like to direct my posts to the topic as a whole more so then to one specific post/individual, call me wierd, everyone else does.

I suppose I wouldn't really be disappointed, but hopefully if there is a looting animation, it won't be too long... long looting animations get very tedious very quickly.

all im saying is that incorporating MP into this game feels very EA, its like a bulletin point they want to check off.

It does look that way, but then again they dropped the idea for multiplayer in TW3, so I hope they have more solid point behind it in CP77. I too will be disappointed if they go with something like multiplayer feature for ME3. I wouldn't mind something akin to PayDay 2 though, I found it really interesting concept and quite enjoy playing this game.

I'll stay open-minded, but I hope multiplayer isn't anything more than co-op. I'll expand on that later in the multiplayer thread though.

It's dark and raining right now and the city is shimmering and glittering like an ocean of jewels beneath me, so I have to throw that in: I want RAIN!

And lots of it.

I don't want just rain. I want rain effect to be visible on my screen, just like water effect in first Crysis. And maybe a separate key to order my character wipe screen clean, because why not?

It's dark and raining right now and the city is shimmering and glittering like an ocean of jewels beneath me, so I have to throw that in: I want RAIN!

And lots of it.

It's the NW US coast, of course it'll rain.
The problem is not getting your face melted off by it.

An unnecessary waste of resources that nobody needs.
Sardukhar is correct. Not much of a request as realistic day and night cycle and dynamic weather system are incleded in TW3, which is the same engine as CP77 is supposed to share (correct me if I am wrong). Still, I wouldn't mind a rain effect (and more state-related effects) on screen for sake of immersion.

Still, I wouldn't mind a rain effect (and more state-related effects) on screen for sake of immersion.

At least a couple times, absolutely.

I remember going underwater in Bioshock. The water level creeping up the glass, which was beaded by the waves splashing against it...felt very real.

I really liked the way light and wet surface interact with each other in this demo.

Top Bottom