Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love watching all these interviews, but I kinda feel bad for John and the guys having the answer the same questions over, and over again lol. Especially when the person(s) asking them , doesn't really know what the game's/story is about, and they're sheet reading.

Omg these demo's are like drugs to me. :p The more I watch them, the more I want to watch them. Every time I look at it I get more hyped.

Converted the interview to an mp3 and listened to it on the way to work....too much hype inside. Love that you can focus on one region out of the 3 to complete the main story. But I dont think I can resist not exploring the other regions.

Last edited:
Did any of the 2014 interviews mentioned the weather effects ?

The 2013 demo was apparently in the middle of a storm, and they talked how you can see storms coming to you in the distance, or the darker the clouds are the harder the rain will be later.

But they didn't mention any of these things in the 2014 interviews. Are all these features gone because of consoles?

Highly unlikely. They just weren't the focus it seems.
What about this then?

"We had expected that it does not run on consoles. The frame rate was not even close to the acceptable range. Only recently, a few months ago, our programmers have developed a new streaming system that loads only the immediate surroundings of the player character, now it has been running much smoother. "

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/news/the_witcher_3,49062,3056968.html
Does "loads only the immediate surroundings of the player character" mean no distant weather?

What about this then?

"We had expected that it does not run on consoles. The frame rate was not even close to the acceptable range. Only recently, a few months ago, our programmers have developed a new streaming system that loads only the immediate surroundings of the player character, now it has been running much smoother. "

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/news/the_witcher_3,49062,3056968.html
Does "loads only the immediate surroundings of the player character" mean no distant weather?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that refers to occlusion culling, which stops objects and the like being drawn when the player can't see them, as well as having details pop in when certain grids (which are huge) are entered. This does not mean you can't have long draw distances (we saw vistas in the demos showing distant locations, as well as clouds far away).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom