Gameplay Feedback Thread

+
I would like mouse-over tooltips on what things do. Like for example when you get a skull on the Travel button, I would like to know what that does. And what happens if I fast travel etc etc.

I never managed to complete a game with my friend, despite several tries, but so far the game seems very interesting. Thank you :)

If you begin a two people game and you choose 1 quest and the other chooses 3 quest, the game automatically selects 1 quest. There's no need to vote, then. Maybe there should be a new dice rolling or simply let player one decide because he got higher score on dice rolling.

Hi everyone!
I'm playing with a friend of mine and we're both enjoying the game very much. It is very nice to have a low pace adventure board game for a change, so that we can play in a more relaxed mood.

Anyway, I'd like to report that during combat, when the Hero die comes up with the convert Sword into Shield symbol (Dandelion), the converted dice are not easily dragged into the slots. Granted, we may just double click, but if I try to drag, it just moves the slider horizontally and doesn't pick up the converted die.

Keep up the good work, guys!

abh

Forum regular
when it's another player turn, could be great to take a look at their cards (quest, fate / invest / xp) because right now it's a little boring. Or be able to switch player and read you own card with a tab system of some sort
Specially this.

Also:
- Option for turn time out, so that the guy doesn't simply go shopping during his turn
- Have a way to check the timeline of the game: ie, a list of past events (which cards were drawn, the outcome, etc). Things are rather confusing if your opponent acts quickly
- Since the game is using Unity, if viable increase the platforms where the game is offered. Last I heard the game would be iOS, OSX and Windows only. Unity also supports at least Android and Linux, which are both serious candidates.

matchmaking is taking forever, creates a lobby ok, then says "waiting for others to join . . ." more than 5 min so far

Last edited:
matchmaking is taking forever, creates a lobby ok, then says "waiting for others to join . . ." more than 5 min so far

It seems to lose it if you alt-tab out of the screen. (For example, to go to chat to find out where your friends are).

- Since the game is using Unity, if viable increase the platforms where the game is offered. Last I heard the game would be iOS, OSX and Windows only. Unity also supports at least Android and Linux, which are both serious candidates.

It's already announced for Android for the final game, so that's one down, one to go :)

And I don't know if we were just unlucky in our game, but there seemed to be a bias towards "fail" on all of the random events. More bad luck than good. Did others feel the same?

Last edited:
Feature request:
- An options screen which allows the configuration of the video mode and provides an option for windowed or fullscreen.
- Options to enable/disable music/audio and control the volume of each independently.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi guys! :)

I understand this is a Beta and thus a work in progress.

Will there be more game arenas in the future?
Will we be able to build our decks (even if the game still chooses the cards randomly)?
Will there be more interaction between players?

Feature request:
- An options screen which allows the configuration of the video mode and provides an option for windowed or fullscreen.
- Options to enable/disable music/audio and control the volume of each independently.

You probably meant an ingame-implementation, but for the time being this works quite well:

Hold either Left Shift, Right Shift, Left Ctrl, Right Ctrl, Alt or Alt Gr and press 'Play' in the 'Launch The Witcher Adventure Game' GoG Launcher, and voilà:

That's obviously still missing any sound/music options, but it's better than nothing.

Feature request:

You can CTRL+Left click on the Play button on launcher to open the settings. Not intuitive, an ingame option would be better.

Some other points I would like to see in TWAG:
  • Tradable Cards to aid other players.
  • Taunt to a idle player (play sound - ring a bell)
  • Friendlist with PM system and a global lobby
  • A Teleport-Spell for Triss, which can be carged by her special ability
  • Move Options into Game and not launcher
  • Screenshot Hotkey

Forums related:

• SingleSignOn for thewitcher.com and cdprojektred.com
  • Allow large enough image file sizes, for screenshots made from TWAG (optional: shrink them automatically by forum software if size is a concern).

Last edited:
In my opinion public games should be 3 quests long by default (without a possibility to change it) and only private games could be 1, 3 or 5 quests long.
Those 1 quest long games are really just rushing for main quest completion (even without bothering with subquest) = no fun at all.

I second the request for a colorblind scheme, I keep making mistakes with the little magnifying glasses on the game board (blue and purple).

game is fun, but it lags player interaction totally, would be nice to be able trade items, maybe gamble vs others (when its not your turn to pass the time) maybe even help each other in fight if in same location and share the reward. Game also lags volyme control and possibility to go through your own stuff while its not your turn, some chars seems to be bit off balance ie gerrald maybe triss their bonuses are just better

Question for developers:
Why can't all the players take the turn at the same time?
It would cut waiting time a lot - players would just need to wait for the slowest person. There seems not to be any player interaction*, so it shouldn't be a problem. When all players end their turn then game could quickly display a review of what happened in the right order. Waiting time is killing this game :(
Apart from this issue I love the game :)

* Suggestion:
When two players are in the same city they should fight. Defeated person could loose a few colour tokens and/or draw Fate card.
This would:
- bring interaction between players (now it's like playing against a computer),
- create some strategy choices - selecting different route in order not to meet an opponent etc.
- put bigger focus on "Develop" section

Last edited:
I guess the game was designed to be as close to the physical counterpart as possible which would also include the turn-based play of board games obviously.
Switching to real-time play would probably make it too chaotic/unpredictable and too hard to keep track of everything, for both the players and the net code.

Your 'turf war' suggestion however, isn't bad. Not bad at all.

Ok first off thanks for the great game and a chance to Beta test it.

So far the game has been working great and I have had no issues.

I'd love to see a timer feature added to the game.

This might come in the form of an optional timer that's voted on match to match, or as a way to deal with people that go AFK. E.g. players vote on a x second/minute timer at the beginning of the game that ensures a brisk pace whilst playing, or alternatively, players are timed out after x amount of time if no input is detected.

Update - 12/07/14

Just ran into a player that purposely went AFK for over an hour in order to win by inactivity, resulting in all other players leaving the game. A timer would be invaluable for dealing with situations similar to this one.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
My 1st post on CDPR forums !!!
I played one match yesterday (against the user 'mariuszm') and he was very kind to better explain me some game concepts. Nevertheless I'd like to share my opinions about the game:
- I found a typo with the word Consequence on my main quest: it was typed 'Cosnquence' or something. :)
- A colorblind scheme OR a new color scheme for the magnifying glasses would be better. I also keep making mistakes with blue/purple magnifying glasses on the game board. Or, at very least, put some label indicating 'blue this', 'purple that' when we move the mouse over them;
- About the game tutorial: a general complaining which I fully agree. I think this kind of 'non-interactive tutorial' showing all the game concepts BEFORE the 1st match doesn't make the game more easier to get into. Even now after my 1st match I couldn't fully understand some of these game concepts, examples: differences between normal travel and travel with skull icon and the advancement of those war counters (what for ?)
- I also noted some dice rolls near the edge of my screen. Is it a game feature to 'spread' the dice after rolling them, as if we're playing a board game ? I think they could just be rolled at the screen center, and then we pick them and etc etc... Also, dice could use some better physics when rolling them.
- It seems gold isn't that useful in the game. Or then I just don't know how to use/spend it :)
- Also I found out weird when, on my 1st match, I just couldn't see my character, my cards and such. I chose Dandelion and, on my opponent's turn, it was his character that was showed (Triss Merigold). This way, I just can't access my cards as well as I can't access his ! I was just staring at screen waiting for him finish his turn. I second the idea we can check out our quest, read our cards, etc.
- Even if CDPR remakes its tutorial, I think it's an excellent idea to have a kind of 'Civilopedia' button at hand, with the concepts explained, etc. (I think you already guessed I'm not too much into The Witcher game mythology) :)
- The "rush for main quest" mentioned above by user Pralev: aren't we supposed to complete subquests first, and then go to main quest ? I just didn't know that !! Dumb me !! :p

What I liked:
- In general I think the game is pretty: cards, board, etc, but I think our character, when displayed on board, is kinda ugly.
- Sound/music is great !!

Thanks !!!

Last edited:
In case it hasn't been covered... When I was playing with Geralt and had all development cards I couldn't select the third development card I wanted in combat.
Essentially I had access to Three Magic sign symbols in an encounter, I could select the first two development cards I wanted that was relevant for combat, but when I was to use the third "Sign dice" and select my third development card It was bugged and only allowed me to select the first two development cards (signs) in the list and not choose the remaining one I hadn't used.

Started the beta yesterday and I love the graphics and soundtrack. I haven't finished any game yet since it either freezes on me or players don't make their moves and keep me wait indefinitely. So after several games, here's my feedback:
- Before starting matchmaking I'd like the have an option for the number of players that I want to play against.
- Each player should have a time limit for their turn.
- I'd like to have the status window in the lower screen kept for my character, and be able to click on everything and read every card as if it was my turn, while other players' characters displayed as icons and when I click on them their windows expand.
- I don't see other players progress during their turn. I just look at the map. I think it would better if I see everything goes on with them.
- Text on the cards is painful to read. The font is small and light. Please make it clearer and larger.
- Add sound alert that marks the transition between turns. Sometimes I don't realize it's my turn because I'm occupying myself with other things until it's my turn again. Also add sounds for new messages from the chat window, but make it optional to turn it on and off.
- Not sure if this is a bug or part of the game, but in one of the encounters I had, the dice didn't match the slots and I immediately got "no more possible moves" even though I could've converted some of the dice using cards.
- There was a missing space between two words - "loveotherwise" instead of "love otherwise"- in Garlt's quest "Worlds Collide".

Top Bottom