Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what original Aesir is, but your post reminded me of this :rofl:

Max Payne, the original. Played through the whole game and still don't know the story because I ignored it.

Each time I get a quote notification I feel like I'm going to get a talking to. I blame Slimgrin.

tl;dr drugs

Knew that. :p

Overall I have no idea. Some parts couldn't be ignored, like oh no my familyI must run on a trail of blood and Satan Man.

My friend was so angry because it auto-saved after he had fallen off the trail and no hard saves to be had.

Lurve Max Payne in a deeply sickening fashion, the bullet ballet was bliss and the second game got even better for me, still catch myself humming Late Goodbye at work. Mona Saz was one of the only in-game romances i've ever found didn't turn too mushy, took some doing to keep her alive but worth it I think.

Made a short story which expanded on the lore of the game, had Max and Mona both being unknowing guinea pigs for a form of Valkyr that worked, and provided their bullet time responses. Their doctors were paid off by Wodan to spike their painkillers, pretty good idea I think.

Course best bit was Address Unknown:

Is Max Payne available on PC?
Until then, all I know is Unreal and Painkiller.
Yep all 3 are . Already had the 1st two on Steam and picked up MP3 on the last steam sale . Watch out though MP 3 with all the goodies is about 30 GB . And since i`ve been downloading this puppy for about 9 days or so . Hopefully sometime tonight it will all be done downloading :)

MP3 is good. In a different way, yes, and no it will never be MP1 or 2 - because simply no game can come close.

But Rockstar definitely refined gameplay & shooting mechanics(which were good in part 1 & 2 already) which helped in making bullettime even better. Don't expect the kind of story or atmosphere from previous games, but it was definitely a good gaming experience(let me put it this way).

Also, it has the best 3rd person shooting mechanics ever. If Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be in 3rd person, I want CDPR to take their inspirations from MP3.

All of you are sending me down the nostalgia lane! Thanks to Max Payne I became the biggest Poets of the Fall stan - Adress Unknown is narrated by the lead singer... actually it's him wearing the white suit in the video. I like MP because it seems to have been made by a really amazing group of people. That kind of passion is something special. :]

I heard good things about MP3, but I don't know if I'm ready for non-noir Payne. Maybe someday.

Let's not forget

Used to work the doors at a massage parlour and Max Payne let me avoid a scrap. Had this drunken lad full of piss and vinegar roll up and start threatening me, and demanding entry, so I told him to do one. He's winding himself up getting angrier, red faced and flushed (if they go white faced they'll act straight away, don't know why) and obviously screwing up his courage. I leaned down to him and whispered, "The flesh..the flesh of fallen angels." Then smiled my toothiest smile and nodded at him.

Kid looked at me gone out then walked away, when he was across the street he shouted that I was a fucking nutter, then walked away. Never got chance to use it again, I suspect it only worked because we were on our own.

So I've been wondering who is blasting music at this time of night and then remembered it's the Exit Festival season. Free Skrillex concert going on in my room right now~ And mind you, I live on the other side of the city, I don't even want to know how loud it must be on the location.

Used to work the doors at a massage parlour and Max Payne let me avoid a scrap. Had this drunken lad full of piss and vinegar roll up and start threatening me, and demanding entry, so I told him to do one. He's winding himself up getting angrier, red faced and flushed (if they go white faced they'll act straight away, don't know why) and obviously screwing up his courage. I leaned down to him and whispered, "The flesh..the flesh of fallen angels." Then smiled my toothiest smile and nodded at him.

Kid looked at me gone out then walked away, when he was across the street he shouted that I was a fucking nutter, then walked away. Never got chance to use it again, I suspect it only worked because we were on our own.

People that know how to fight don't have to fight. This video of Michael Kuhr talking down a conflict at a bar is expert level bouncing. Doesn't hurt that he was a kickboxing champion.

No animal who meets the honey badger returns to this world. We need a honey badger simulator, seriously :D.

I found out a few days ago that Mount and Blade: Warband had finally managed to get Steam Workshop support, so I had a look on it and found that there wasn't much on it yet, but these Armours caught my eye.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284115937&searchtext=

I noticed that they were from a short film I had never heard of, so I went searching for it on YouTube. I found it, and was impressed by how well it looked for such a low budget production. If your're wondering what's going on, check the description on the YouTube page.

Off of topic. Don't watch it if you don't know my special nature.... It's under your own resposability

Who say cats don't care for dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom