Game Issues Thread

+
Just got a crash. I've attached it. Here's how it happened.

1. Created a lobby by name of 'riderofsmaug'
2. Alt + Tabbed out while waiting for my friend to join
3. After he told me he joined it, I Alt + Tabbed back in and it crashed.

Attachments

• 2014-07-12_232736.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 45
While playing a public match 1vs1 with 3 quests goal, my opponent encountered a bug with one of his main quests :
After he went to the right town and got the right amount of proofs, he clicked on the card, the proofs disapeared, but the card stayed there.
He then tried to complete one of the sub quests he did'nt do earlier (but which shouldn't prevent the main quest to be completed, but it did'nt trigger either
See screenshot :

So basically the bug was : even having the requirements for the quest, the quest card did'nt dissapear, but the proofs did.

Yes basically
- I went to Jaruga with the proofs
- completed the main quest (only 1 of 2 subquests was done, the "spend 3 red" but they are not obligatory),
- clicked the button to complete it, spent the proofs, the card disappeared, no VP where assigned, no goal counter incremented

I was not prompted to pick a new quest card, I just ended the turn without picking up a new quest. At every turn the quest reappears in my hand, with the main quest ticked off as completed, if I "close the card" to minimize it disappears and the space remains empty.

So I tried to go to Kaer Morhen to see what happens. At KM the subquest completed. I wanted to go back to jaruga but the game ended, so I dont know what would have happened.

:l Why when I click online match nothing happens, it says that "it failed"! My connection was good, what is wrong?

After playing a few rounds with my friend (all of these occurred during a 1v1 game with me as either Geralt or Triss and my friend as Yarpen) some things we noticed:

Typos:
-The Magic of Beauty Quest Card
-Location: "Shaerrawedda" - does not match location name on map "Sheaerwedd" - The description also does not match the location name on the map.

-The Road of No Return Quest Card
-Location: "Duen Cannell" - does not match location name on map "Due'n Cannell" - The description also does not match the location name on the map. Also, on this card there needs to be a space between "creature" and "escapes" - as written it says "creatureescapes".

-Melitele's Grace Quest Card & The Lost City of Y's Quest Card
-"Duen Cannell" missing apostrophe in sub quest description as it does not match location name on the map - "Due'n Cannell".

-Flip Wound Card
-Shows the other players you have been poisoned 6x hearts which is an inaccurate description as it should flip a single heart to a poison heart. The description reads flip one heart "into" its side. This should read "onto".

-Draug Gold Enemy Card
-On failed step it states "each hero seffers". "seffers" should be "suffers".

Bugs:
-After alt-tabbing and resuming play after the second turn by the other player the map auto-focused on the second player. It would not allow me to pan off the second player's location. Also, the second player was not in the location on my screen that he was on his screen (his actual location was Maribou and he appeared in Tretogor for me). After I traveled to a new location it resolved the auto-focus issue for that turn (I could move the map around freely). After he completed his next turn it did the same thing (auto-focused on his pawn in Tretogor). Selecting a different action besides travel did not resolve the auto-focus issue for that turn. After approx. 3 turns the issue corrected itself.

-Upon being prompted to draw a good fortune card the icon to select the card had the bate fate card icon. Thankfully it still drew a good fortune card.

-During Yarpen's turn when he would select an XP card or use an XP card it would only show the title and no text of the card occasionally in the bar in the right hand corner.

-Poisoned Card
-When the player that receives this card has single hearts on his board it appears to the other players he got six single hearts regardless of the quantity the primary player had on his action menu.

Last edited:
Just a small typo - Triss and Dandalion both had starting LOCAITION instead of LOCATION.

And the other player's Triss finished a main quest - going to Brokilon, supposedly collected the reward but did not get the quest as completed and hence could not choose from other quests.

I Tabbed out while my first game was searching for players to turn the volume down (people are sleeping here), and check Reddit. To re open the game I clicked the icon in the task bar rather than alt tab through my open windows. The game crashed after turning the screen black and changing my mouse pointer.

Hi everybody!
So I finally got the key for the game. Added it to the GOG.com library, downloaded and installed.
However, when I start the game from the shortcut which was added automatically, the Launcher appears and it says its offline.
The game can be launched, but when I press play it says Authentication failed. How do I authenticate if the launcher is offline and there is no place to input credentials.

Some details: Windows 7, UAC is off, I always run the game as an Administrator and it's allowed in the firewall.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/EnVrs

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU! :)

Attachments

• GalaxyUpdater.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 72
  • GalaxyService.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 89
  • GalaxyClient.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 111
Hello, I was playing as Geralt and completed a secondary mission by spending 3 purple, but no vp earned at all. Anyway I got v.p. winning fight and completing the other secondary mission(going to cintra) and the main mission.
Thanks in advance :D

Hi everybody!
So I finally got the key for the game. Added it to the GOG.com library, downloaded and installed.
However, when I start the game from the shortcut which was added automatically, the Launcher appears and it says its offline.
The game can be launched, but when I press play it says Authentication failed. How do I authenticate if the launcher is offline and there is no place to input credentials.

Some details: Windows 7, UAC is off, I always run the game as an Administrator and it's allowed in the firewall.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/EnVrs

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU! :)

I'm somehow close to your problem! :l The launcher says online but it fails inside the game when I click Online Match! I WANT TO TRY THE GAME AT LEAST ONCE! :( I had a problem before with the configuration but now that's over, now I've this one! > waiting for help! :/

More than 50% percent of my games have now ended with the other player suddenly going inactive, two with him disapearing (Guess he quit the game). Could it be an issue with temporary disconnects? That the game does not manage to reconnect when the players are back, so if your connection is lagging then the game will break down? So far I have only managed to complete 1 game and that was a real quick one. With the exception of my last battle (Still going on, going to watch an episode of a tv show while I wait to see if anything happens) I have had torrents going on in the background for each fight. This could give a varied connection, perhaps it could have something to do with it? During my last fight this was not true though and my line was in tip top shape, could be on the other end though? He is not listed and gone, I'm just waiting for him to start his turn...this last player did not look like someone who would just up and leave while game is still running; He used the chat quite freequently and we did have a good tone. Still waiting to see if he returns.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here in the forum, but a quite annoying bug regarding Alt-Tabbing exists.

It occurs mostly on a 2 player game, but it has occurred in 4 player games as well.

When a player finishes their turn and Alt Tabs afterwards, if the second player uses a travel action (either fast travel or regular travel), the first player is "rewarded" a free clue, depending on the City the second player has traveled to.

The second player sees the first player magically teleport to the City he had just moved in, while the first player gets to choose a clue and then continue on with his game from exactly where he left of. Meaning that he is at the City he should be, regardless of where the second player sees him.

The first player does not even see himself magically teleport, he is just shown the Clue Reward screen, as if he had just traveled to a City.

The bug has been around since the release of the game, if that info helps in any way. Also it does not always occur, but if it does occur once in a game, more times will follow. Mostly on the same player. Which kind of ruins the game for the other one.

Last edited:
Bug: I have mouse buttons 4-5 mapped as global in Mumble settings. With game window in focus I can't use these buttons for some reason.

For some reason I can't even boot up the game at all. I tried to install it on a clean windows and that seemed to work. However... it does NOT work on my current windows. I don't know what's causing it to crash, but it simply does.

Have crashed on authentication in game. Crash report in attach

Attachments

• 2014-07-15_195728.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 30
Had several crashes after instal. Went into multiplayer and every time it finds a gem it "stops working" and closes.
Happened for about 5 times.
Next 5 times it game didnt start because the other players were crashing. Finally on 11 try it worked.
Windows 8 64

Had a bug where I couldnt get the dice on its spot, and most frecuently dices that I needed to move arround until finally allow me to move to its spot..
Someone in my game had the "Fronzen dice" bug and had to quit.

Top Bottom