Which role do you see yourself in if you lived in the Witcher world?

+
Well...hmm....
A. I'm mechanical engineer, i guess artillery\weapon creator\designer for the king (Doesn't really matter to me who...i don't really know them all that well to judge) or the emperor
B. Musician as a hobby, maybe a bard
C. Writing stories and books as another hobby, so a writer i guess, or story teller of many adventures of many people, or just political thingy, after all i guess in those times writing was an issue after all.
D. Boxing is also once of the things i do, so i guess fighter in the inn, or in those tournaments that were done in the witcher 2 in flotsam.
E. As an addition to D, as someone who knows how to fight, maybe a soldier,mercenary,bounty hunter. No matter what, as long i'll get the job done.

Unfortunately i'm bad as a social person, so i guess no matter who i'll be in the witcher world, i will be alone.

I maybe said too much, but i'm just someone who has the option to do alot of things, yet not being the best of everything, i'm not trying to be the best, but many paths are open, who knows what destiny could lie beyond in each path.
"All roads end the same, the only question, which road you didn't take."

Teaching philosophy in one of the Nilfgaardian Universities. :) I am too damn lazy to do anything else, so I would stick to my books, my students, and lots of Nilfgaardian lemon to keep my old bones warm. Oh, and a couple of slave girls to keep me company.

You can still be a bard. I'll be the academic with expensive leather bound books that nobility buy, and whose presence is wanted in every court, and whose good words are always sought.

I'll be the academic with expensive leather bound books that nobility buy, and whose presence is wanted in every court, and whose good words are always sought.

Well, a downside is that a ruler might just decide to cut off your head if he does not like what he hears. And if to tell only what he wants to hear, he might cut off your head because you were wrong. :) Sure, being Emhyr's adviser, for example, is exciting, but I wouldn't bet on too good life expectancy. But you are a brave man, so who knows, may be you'll make it.

I certainly couldn't be a full time warrior or a dedicated scientist/alchemist etc. I love research and a little action every now and then so I need balance. Not a farmer either. So someone like Dandelion maybe. I like his way of life the best. Travel around, do research for your ballads (because a bard must be knowledgable obviously) and occasionally get into trouble/make a fool of yourself. I'd probably get killed in a most ridiculous way as well. But since there's already a Dandelion, I'd have to be the Dandy of another witcher. Like Letho. I like this.

Assuming the inevitable failed attempts at mastering magic & transmuting gold, some largely independent yet vaguely social job like Odrins or Cedrics... most importantly, that lifestyle ;)

Great idea for a thread!

Hm. My skillset is rather limited. Ah, who am I kidding, I'm useless! I have no specific talents. So I'd assume that I'd be pretty screwed if I indeed lived in the Witcher universe.

Alright, alright. I guess I have 3 things that kinda makes me me. I'm a leader, I'm empathetic as hell (thanks to my uber nice hippie zen mom though fuck me I wish I wasn't, I'd much rather be a ruthless bastard) and I've got quite the imagination. And a, unlike many people on this very forum, a great fucking sense of humor.

So what the fuck would I be in the world of the Witcher with such traits? I seriously have no idea. Some kind of monk maybe? Or a bard. A traveling bard, writing poetry, dispensing some wisdom and trying to aid all in my path. Yeah. That's all I can think of honestly. I'd suck as a merchant, I'm a lousy fisher, my mom raised me to be a pussy so I'd be an awful warrior though I do love training Iaido so hm. A back up plan perhaps? Like someone here mentioned, maybe life would teach me to be ruthless? Haha, not likely.

That would be my role I suppose: A wayfaring vagabond, a humble bard trying to make people smile in a depressing, bleak and hopeless world. I can't play any instruments but I wouldn't mind mastering the violin. And I do love storytelling and I've got the charisma to hold the attention of the audience. So yeah. A bard. Huh, who would've thought!

PS. You know in hindsight, my post really does make me sound like an arrogant cocksucker huh? Well fuck it. Add that to my list of traits. But hey, a little bit of hubris has never killed anyone, right?!

Top Bottom