Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sarky" and "sarkiness" are perfectly good words. So is the variation "snarky", which is more current in the US (and, I think, Australia).

But their derivation is a bummer. I so much wanted "sarky" to be a Lowland Scots variation of "shirty", and "snarky" to be from Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark. Contrary to my desires, the dictionaries tell me they are short forms of "sarcastic".

Nannie Dee, the original wearer of the "cutty sark" (from Burns, Tam O'Shanter, by way of artist John Faed)

And here I found,

snark·y
(of a person, words, or a mood) sharply critical; cutting; snide.

I've learned of the word back in the dark days of livejournal, where it was used for communities where people made fun of other people.

I do like "sarkiness".

Oh, snarky and sarky are definitely different. You describe someone as a sarky bastard, and he'd probably agree with you. Describe him as a snarky bastard, and you'd probably lose some teeth.

Which is NOT a substitute for going to a dentist, by the way.

Right now though, I'm upset because I didn't realise we had pickled eggs at the Bear, and I've been missing out on it for all of these years.

Thank you guys. :) I don't know that it was good or not, they will call me sometime a private interview maybe nex week, but I need a job badly even If I unemployed since 2 weeks.
Here`s hoping you get the job !

I think the longest i`ve been unemployed for the last 35 years was 6 weeks and that was due to the then company I worked for 15 years was sold to a competitor and the competitor then shut the factory down . I guess that`s one way of boosting your market share . But by that time I was interviewing and testing for the company I work for now ....some 19 years ago .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom