Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried about my system. Definitely can't get all high settings but will I be able to get a mix of medium and high at 1080p?
i5 2400
Radeon HD 7870
8GB Ram 1333Mhz
Windows 7

I think you will do ok, but I suspect you will have Frame rates in 35to48 range with a mix of medium and High settings at 1080p. Just an educated guess though,.,,,

This is true but DX12 and Mantle will fix this. The gains are massive when in SLI/Crossfire. Intel chips see the biggest gains from what I see on benchmarks that pertain!

Only up to the capacity of the PCI-Express on the LGA 1150, which becomes limiting with two high-end GPUs. LGA 2011 (Intel) and AM3+ (AMD) are technologies that have greater PCI-Express capability.

Really high-end rendering, of the capability that is the real market for GTX Titan, wants Sandy Bridge-E on LGA 2011.

Hey there :)
Any ideas, on how my system will run TW3?
GPU: 780gtx gainward glh (oc)
CPU: fx 8350 AMD
RAM: 16gb(1600mhz)
thanks in advance :)

Just an educated guess(tell me how close I am when it comes out) High specs with MSAA x4 or AA x8 1080p 50 to 70 fps
Ultra specs 35 to 45ish

Your CPU is huge bottleneck. And bullshit about AMD FX 8 cores are equal to I5/i7 is just bullshit.... And i don't a fanboy. Just realist, this is fact.
I5 2500k@4.5 ghz DESTROY FX 9590@5 ghz.
And I5 2500K is cheaper.I5 4670/4690K CANT be compared to any FX. Don't need to speak about I7 4770K/4790K or even 3770K/2600K. Even without OC , they rape all AMD cpu's, especially in gaming .
And AMD FX'es is just +200W "trains"...
Please type CPU tests/bencharmks and etc. In google.
If You have high end Nvidia card dont use with AMD CPU... MIN fps is VERY IMPORTANT...

Thanks for the answers :) @gosuPI
well...that wasn't exactly what I would've liked to hear, but it (kinda) seems about right. I am getting fps-related problems in some games, what could be explained by the things you mentioned...but I don't want to get off-topic ^^ @War Machine
Any ideas on how I could increase these "stats"?

Thanks for the answers :) @gosuPI
well...that wasn't exactly what I would've liked to hear, but it (kinda) seems about right. I am getting fps-related problems in some games, what could be explained by the things you mentioned...but I don't want to get off-topic ^^ @War Machine
Any ideas on how I could increase these "stats"?

No problem. You have powerfull GPU and almost all fps drops you have, have cause crap CPU. I suggest you, sell that and switch for I5 3570K or I5 4690K, or even i5 2500K and overclock :)
For gaming i5 is very good CPU, MUCH,MUCH,MUCH! Better than any of FX 8 cores.

BTW. What kind of fps drops you have?And what tittles? And for better gaming experience, you better chose DDR III 1866/2133 cl 10 or just overclock your 1600 memory's to @ 1866+ if they can go ,and you can do it. But do it when you switch to I5 (if) or just sell that memorys, and buy faster. In gaming this is important too.

Last edited:
And for better gaming experience, you better chose DDR III 1866/2133 cl 10 or just overclock your 1600 memory's to @ 1866+ if they can go ,and you can do it
Don't see how that's going to make much of a difference. In games.

Well - the performance difference between 1600mhz and anything above is not something I'd worry about; since I got ram, which is faster than 1300mhz (what could, as far as I know, limit the overall system's performance).

Phew...what drops and titles...spontaneously:
I noticed huge drops in Borderlands2 for example (lowering the settings didn't help that much -> yes, could be cpu related) - these drops go down to like 35 in fights and (with vsync) to 45-50 while looking over a bigger area.
Also AC4 kinda' sucks...but that could be uibsoft's fault, since it is poorly optimized.
I also noticed drops in Warframe (with and without vsync) in bigger fights, where the fps drop from 200-120 to 45.
That's all I could tell you atm :)

Well - the performance difference between 1600mhz and anything above is not something I'd worry about; since I got ram, which is faster than 1300mhz (what could, as far as I know, limit the overall system's performance).

Phew...what drops and titles...spontaneously:
I noticed huge drops in Borderlands2 for example (lowering the settings didn't help that much -> yes, could be cpu related) - these drops go down to like 35 in fights and (with vsync) to 45-50 while looking over a bigger area.
Also AC4 kinda' sucks...but that could be uibsoft's fault, since it is poorly optimized.
I also noticed drops in Warframe (with and without vsync) in bigger fights, where the fps drop from 200-120 to 45.
That's all I could tell you atm :)

I'm asure you, you have problems cause CPU not GPU. Have any friend with Core i5/i7 ?And can test games with your GPU ?
You will be shocked and thow AMD FX form the window ;-)
I have GTX 780 TI and I7 4790k@4.7 ghz and can play all games maxed almost stable 60 fps on 1080p. In Crysis 3 (with SMAAtx4 have drops to 55 fps sometimes, once have 48 in ONE location for a moment).
In Metro LL with SSAAx2 have 60 fps SOMETMIES drops below 50.
In AC 4 maxed all and MSAAx4 (best AA in this game cause TXAA looks ugly) have 50-60 fps with Physx to high.
So you known, your card too can do it, 5 -10 fps diffrences sometimes. But sure not much how you have now :/

what annoys me the most, is that a friend of mine has "kind of" the same setup as me - just that i have the better "versions" of his parts (e.g.: he has the amd six-core cpu and something below my gtx780)
he gets, if that what he said is true, constant fps of 60 (with vsync) in BL2, with e.g. some drops in intense fights....while my system has the mentioned drops even if there are only like 3 enemies, etc.
Just to be sure:
I don't want to annoy people by getting too offtopic...therefore I hope that this conversation doesn't hurt any rules/etc :)

what annoys me the most, is that a friend of mine has "kind of" the same setup as me - just that i have the better "versions" of his parts (e.g.: he has the amd six-core cpu and something below my gtx780)
he gets, if that what he said is true, constant fps of 60 (with vsync) in BL2, with e.g. some drops in intense fights....while my system has the mentioned drops even if there are only like 3 enemies, etc.
Just to be sure:
I don't want to annoy people by getting too offtopic...therefore I hope that this conversation doesn't hurt any rules/etc :)
Hmm...well this thread is more attuned for Witcher 3 questions and system specs . But if you want you can open a new thread here
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/34-Community . Maybe go with a thread title of PC Games Settings and Hardware . Just a suggestion as you can name it to fit your needs .

Ok then :)
Just a last question on the original topic:
how'd my system perform in TW3, if i bought an I7 4970k?
In this scenario the rest would stay the same:
GTX 780 glh
->I7 4970k
16gb ram (1600mhz)

thanks in advance ^^

Ok then :)
Just a last question on the original topic:
how'd my system perform in TW3, if i bought an I7 4970k?
In this scenario the rest would stay the same:
GTX 780 glh
->I7 4970k
16gb ram (1600mhz)

thanks in advance ^^

You will play all games on ultra, i think "Witcher 3" too :)

Btw, you can see how GTX 780 perform in BL 2 and many games.
Your GPU can't show his/her ;-) claws , cause CPU is to slow.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-780-performance-review,3516-8.html

Thanks for the link!
Even though I did researches and I know tomshardware.com, I didn't see these results before.
For now, since I need a new CPU-cooler, I'll oc my fx8350 and switch to the i7 4790k, or another intel-cpu, when their new chips reach the market (end of 2014 I think)
(damn typos: I meant the I7 4790k ofc ^^)

Even if I didn't expect something else.....the community here is great! :)
Thanks guys

Thanks for the link!
Even though I did researches and I know tomshardware.com, I didn't see these results before.
For now, since I need a new CPU-cooler, I'll oc my fx8350 and switch to the i7 4790k, or another intel-cpu, when their new chips reach the market (end of 2014 I think)
(damn typos: I meant the I7 4790k ofc ^^)

Even if I didn't expect something else.....the community here is great! :)
Thanks guys

You re welcome ;-)
Just never do it again, dont mix high end GPU with poor CPU for two reasons.
1.Waste of money, GPU can't work properly with slow CPU and then you have HUGE performance lost
2. This is so frustrating ;-) I remember time when i grab to my hands Radeon HD 4870 and maxed Witcher 1, yes Witcher 1 :)
Have STUNNING 17 fps witch AMD Athlon 64 3000+@3 ghz...
So i switch to Core 2 Duo E8400 and then, have fps avove 45 :)
So you known, CPU is very important part of PC's.

@thecrisis

One point you haven't mentioned is operating system. Windows 7 has big trouble scheduling AMD CPUs with the "heavy equipment" architectures. The cores on the FX-series CPUs and A-series APUs are paired modules and have to be scheduled in pairs. Windows 7 doesn't do this; Windows 8, or a pair of patches for Windows 7, is needed to avoid blunders like parking one core while the other is working.

Differences like this, or whether the BIOS or UEFI is set to avoid entering "Cool'n'quiet", strongly affect the performance of AMD CPUs on Windows.

Windows 7 patches for AMD:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645594 (install this one first)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2646060

Also, thermal limiting is a real nuisance on the 125W FX's. Unless the cooling is well set up, they will go into thermal limiting under load. You can see this if you monitor clock rate while running CPU-bound loads like Intel Burn Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom