Cosplay contest?

+
Background video for Eve Beauregard (Yennefer): http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/just-cos-eve-beauregard/

@Benzenzimmern
They might do it out of passion but they do it in public. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to talk about them then, their looks included. I'm pretty ugly myself, so what? There is nothing wrong with that. There are even a lot of ugly or not so well looking actors. There is also nothing wrong with that. Important is whether the looks of a person fits the role s/he plays and it's pretty important for sorceresses to be incredibly pretty since they optimized their looks by mighty magic...

Last edited:
Guys, you can discuss the cosplay here all you want, but please refrain from comparisons with animals or judging beauty. These are people doing cosplay out of passion, not just things on the internet.
Oh. Come on!
They do it for Money! They are Professionals!
CDPR payed them for promotion. This is how moneys spend this days, when you go to ComicCon. They want to cut from Bioware's piece of cake so badly! So we can judge how good or bad this models perform.

• RED Point
Reactions: Mal
All of the cosplayers CDPR chose are very beautiful women, they look like painted on a canvas.
And they are crafty and clever enough to create those costumes on a deadline, which is quite a skill.

They do have my respect for this, all of them~

Imagine we - who nitpick so much - would have to make a costume and cosplay for CDPR. It'd be a total disaster.
That also means I approve of it and hope it'll happen.

Oh. Come on!
They do it for Money! They are Professionals!
CDPR payed them for promotion. This is how moneys spend this days, when you go to ComicCon. They want to cut from Bioware's piece of cake so badly! So we can judge how good or bad this models perform.

I'm going to agree with @Benzenzimmern on this. No, you can't. Most of the Witcher cosplayers are NOT professionals. So no, judging them is a way of making a pretense of your superiority, not fair comment at all.

Eve Beauregard has been outspoken about the purpose of cosplay. If she were in it for the money, she could make lots more at mainstream modeling.

You recently wrote a blog about “Sexy Cosplay” and how it is still an issue in the cosplay community. What do you think needs to change for this to be more widely accepted?

I think we as a community need to be more accepting of people cosplaying in their own way. One of the best things about cosplay is that there is no rule book and it’s for everybody. People from all walks of life can express their fandom however they choose – we need to embrace that, not reject it.

Do you have any advice for people who would like to start cosplaying?

Find something you love and do it for you. Never forget that cosplay is about expressing your love for something and enjoying yourself. Cosplay is a learning curve for everybody, so don’t be scared off by not being a master craftsperson!

Also, from her blog, "Sexy Cosplay Vs Apparently The Rest of Everyone Ever",
Firstly, in my books any decent human being does not judge a person by the clothes or lack thereof on their back. That applies to everyone, everywhere, in any setting. More specifically to cosplay, however, we're all cosplayers because we're nerds or geeks. Until such a time as there is an international standard for cosplay, no-one can be accused of not cosplaying "correctly". You simply cannot tell someone else how to be a fan of the things they love or how to express that fandom amongst like-minded folks. Any attempt to do so makes you the one that is damaging the community, not them.

I've said it many times before and I'm considering getting it tattooed on my face: Let's coexist. Make cosplay what it should be: A safe, diverse, happy place for everybody. Push-up bra or no push-up bra, we're all nerds here.

Last edited:
You may comment on the quality of a person's cosplay - their make-up mastery, how well the outfit is made, how they solved certain challenges in design and if there's anything they could do to improve it. Saying nasty things about cosplayers themselves is plain disgusting and no, their faces and their bodies are not up to your petty judgement.

And contrary to the popular belief, most cosplayers do not do it for money or attention; they do it out of love for the series. Some enjoy drawing and painting the characters, others love the challenge of sewing a costume and dressing up as them. Do you have any idea how long it takes, how many tries and re-tries and figuring out how to make something work, especially in cases of really elaborate outfits? How long it takes to sew a dress? And all you take from it is that she did it for you, only you, and that gives you the divine right to say nasty things about her face?

Maybe some cosplayers do it for the love of the series.

But I guarantee you the ones featured on CDPR's site did not make anything by hand. They all have things commissioned for them, they're walking advertisements, they are getting something out of this, either money or exposure. They haven't played the games either.

Last edited:
Maybe some cosplayers do it for the love of the series.

But I guarantee you the ones featured on CDPR's site did not make anything by hand. They all have things commissioned for them, they're walking advertisements, they are getting something out of this, either money or exposure. They haven't played the games either.

This is false on its face and offensive to the cosplayers in the contest, so I'm going to say prove it or withdraw it.

Eve Beauregard in particular is a longtime Witcher fan and makes her own costumes.

Moderator: Post deleted. Further posts defaming cosplayers will be deleted without notice. Members who persist in making such posts may be sanctioned.

Funny how the discussions unravel between Polish and international forums :)
We had some pages related to Ciris scar and its representation by cosplayers and what it wil be in-game. So far non reflects the description from the books, but we will see I guess ;)

You couldn't be more wrong good sir... They made their costumes by themselves and they played the games. Some of them are also fans of the books.
Well this is not all the truth :b Eve didn't hide that part of her costume was made by her friend Jill aka Breathless_ness so I assume you wanted to point that CD Projekt RED didn't help them. You'd better to provide us with more info next time because some people could make wrong conclusion :) And yes Eve is a big fan of whole The Witcher serie and know about books.

Well this is not all the truth :b Eve didn't hide that part of her costume was made by her friend Jill aka Breathless_ness so I assume you wanted to point that CD Projekt RED didn't help them. You'd better to provide us with more info next time because some people could make wrong conclusion :) And yes Eve is a big fan of whole The Witcher serie and know about books.

Yes - sorry - that's true. Perhaps, I should've made it clearer. Whenever something is made by someone else, cosplayers usually give credit to that person/company for helping out with the costume.

The tricky thing is how will it be presented ingame. Will it be only a cosmetic thing like papercraft and cosplay suggests (I will be dissapointed) or will it be a disfigured scar, like in the books.
The main problem is how characters are treated in games these days. Bruises nad scratches, minor scars are fine whan it comes to female protags. Something more is not welcomed though. As if unsightly scar would put off the gamers, rob the character of its beauty.
They should do it Iorveth style IMO.

The tricky thing is how will it be presented ingame. Will it be only a cosmetic thing like papercraft and cosplay suggests (I will be dissapointed) or will it be a disfigured scar, like in the books.
The main problem is how characters are treated in games these days. Bruises nad scratches, minor scars are fine whan it comes to female protags. Something more is not welcomed though. As if unsightly scar would put off the gamers, rob the character of its beauty.
They should do it Iorveth style IMO.

I would definitely like it if it was Iorveth style. Yes, it may not be 'pretty', but it was very clear that it was not from the description in the book. Even if it was something in between, a bit faded, but still slightly ragged. Something that is a testament to the trials she has been through, but still makes her stand out from the norm for females in games.

There is that appeal factor that I am sure the CDPR considered when designing her, I just hope it hasn't been overly downplayed on her in-game model.

More this:
Might as well post it here (my take on the scar):

And less this please!

Top Bottom