Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
There are so many ways they could have made the ending but they chose the most harebrained and retarded way to make it. It is just a glorified dialogue wheel. What I was expecting was a more organic ending progression. Your actions in the games (especially the third) make taking certain decisions impossible, which would have made you adapt and be careful. Even luring all of the reapers in a solar system and blowing up the mass relay would have been cooler (especially as one of many choices)

Even without the ending the game had some issues but all in all I quite enjoyed certain parts of it. More Garrus, Legion, Liara and Tali is always welcome. I have mixed feelings about EDI's retarded "costume" though.

BioWare really need to try harder.

Yeah but when you think about the main plot of ME3...
It was about building a BFG (big fucking gun) in the hopes of the destroying the reapers. Very uncreative in my view.
The plots on Tuckanka and Rannoch were far better written.

Yes, this is what you get when you write your enemies as omnipotent. The Reapers are actually very uninteresting enemies, basically plot devices. You can tell BioWare realized this in Mass Effect 2 and tried to distance the game from them as much as possible. ME2 was more about the world and the characters which is why I like it more than the first and the second. Sure, you have the collectors but they were not really a cosmic thread on the scale of the reapers

Last edited:
That's what they're saying atleast.
  • The next Mass Effect has a “Spiritual Successor” vibe.
  • Frostbite 3 allows the animation team to do things they “couldn’t even imagine before.”
  • Speaking of customization, the team wants to give players as much choice as possible.
  • It’ll be set during Shepard’s life time, but won’t involve him/her. It’s a completely new story.
  • Cooperative multiplayer is more important for BioWare than competitive.
  • Some of the characters from old games may make an appearance.
  • It’s too early to announce composers and races available to the players.
  • The mako will return, and it’s very fast.

If they want to resurrect the series, they need to leave everything behind, including the the Reapers, Cerberus and all of the characters. Once they focused on that stuff, well, they ruined it. Cerberus was silly and inconsistent, Reapers were a paper thin plot device with no real motivation. Characters like Tali and Samara behaved bizarrely. But the setting and races still have great potential imo. The gameplay was always pretty good.

A side story would be the worst case scenario. Because as we know it didn't influence the end of ME3. So we can assume it's quite unimportant.
I don't want another plot like saving the galaxy but it has to be something substantial. Otherwise it's boring and unnecessary.

That's what they're saying atleast.

Hmm is Shepard technically dead when we choose Synthesis or Control ending?

Yea i was really hoping they would go a millennia forward. But if they still stuck on 3 years of shepards story, which includes blatant stupidity like cerberus and reapers. First DA:I with its BS romance marketing and now this.

after seeing reactions of people to a real sci-fi:

Bioware pretty much destroyed the ME universe by the dumb star child basis for its dynamics.

That and the three color ending.
I mean, that was as original as putting a big switch there with the label: "REAPER INVASION: ON/OFF"

reapers were not one of main part of plot, there is no need to debate over them. the funny thing is one of you guessed their role exactly. mass effect isn't a game you fight against unknown space invaders, if one focus on this part, he/she will not understand whats going on. no sci-fi cares characters or events, sci-fis are built upon ideas and purposes.

people treated mass effect like a space opera (star wars) but actually it is a sci-fi (kinda blade runner like). that's the reason i am disappointed, i realized people think space operas are sci-fis.

Would have preferred they set the new game in deep space after Shep's supposed death. Only way I see they can clean their hands off the thick layer of shit ME3's ending coated them in.

Here's a summary of the SDCC panel

Source:
HTML:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/26/details-from-comic-con-39-s-mass-effect-panel.aspx

And some pictures

View attachment 4940

View attachment 4941

View attachment 4942

Sorry for the bad quality but I found no better resoultion. Hopefully BW will upload a video from the panel itself.

I think they should overdo the design of the Mako, it looks ugly imo. And probably no race options.
The most intersting thing for me is the timline. I hope it won't get a side story of the events of the original trilogy but squad members of Shepards team may appear, so...

the character design really suffered after they got a new lead artist for mass effect 2 and all subsequent titles. these new designs looks like they're cribbing the shitty halo aesthetics.

Top Bottom