Ask us a question and get your answers at gamescom 2014!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask us a question and get your answers at gamescom 2014!

Games events are awesome because they allow us to get in touch with the people we’re making our games for--you! There’s nothing better than to hear you out in person, pick your brains a little, and secure our friendship with a firm handshake. Unfortunately, because of various reasons, some of you don’t always have the chance to meet us in person. So we sat down and thought what we can do to rectify that.

From the 28th of July to the 3rd of August, we’re giving you the possibility to ask us questions in the comments. After the submission window closes, we’ll select the most informative/funny/weird (you name it) ones and answer them in a special gamescom 2014 QA video.
Ask away!

Nice!

I have one question, since Kinley will obviously ask my other ones.

So!

Will Konrad allow Kinley to sit on his lap while answering questions for his interview? If not Kinley, will he let Zorn?

Alright I changed my mind. I have another question.

What was the most challenging part about placing our beloved characters from the books, in the games?

I mean both Yennefer and Ciri.

That's all.

Okay I´ve got one! Actually three!

To what extend will the choices made in Witcher 2 affect the story in Witcher 3? And, can we expect to see some of our favorite main characters from Witcher 2 again? (Iorveth, Roche, Saskia, Philippa, Dethmold, King Radovid, Henselt, Síle, Letho.......). So far we know Triss is coming back which is awesome, but I do hope some of the other main characters from Witcher 2 will appear as well!
Also, since it´s going to be an open world, will we be able to visit the places from Witcher 2, such as Vergen or Loc Muinne?

Are Gabriel and other ranged weapons upgradable too ?
Will we see VATS mechanic for monsters in future gameplays(Maybe on Gamescon, Igromir and VGX)?
Will we see that CGI trailer that was teased in Sword of Destiny ?
Any chance character and monsters tread Marcin Momot talked about appears soon ?
Will we see new comic cycle after House of Glass TPB ?
Will we get new portion of art from CDPR artists before/after Gamescon ?

- Are there any changes that where inspired by feedback from E3 that can be discussed?

- What were the inspirations for Yen and Ciri's designs?

(Joke questions)
- Can Roach turn into a unicorn?
- Will there be be a Ciri versus Fake-Ciri ultimate showdown?

Last edited:
How far the world is explorable ? all we see ?
a chance we can play ciri as we play dandelion in witcher 2? Or in a futur franchise ?
Which ending will be used as default or will there be multiple openings?
Will there be a party system in The Witcher 3? Will there be companions? or like w1 and w2
The Witcher series is renowned for its mature storytelling. What kind of pressures do you guys face keeping up with the fan's expectations? Will it release on all platforms at the same time? Are there any excited changes that the general press may have glossed over with this game? Any tricks up your sleeves we should be expecting?
for the game, can you miss anything like side-related, or can all the side-related quests be completed whenever they want?

Hi, I'm a casual gamer and I like action rpg's a lot.
So...
Will I have the option to play this game like an action rpg?
Also, will Geralt be able to climb larger monsters in combat?
Will there be NG+ Mode, and or a Free Roam Mode?
Will Geralt be using his silver chain in combat at all?
Will we get to type in cheat codes like RDR?
Will we ever see some kind of multiplayer online modes, like RDR in the future?
Will we have many options to turn On & Off enemy health bars and other HUD stuff on next-gen console and pc?
Will the controllers now vibrate with the tap and hold of buttons, when Geralt is in combat etc? (I hope so).
Are sex cards in the game at all, can Geralt smoke his pipe or get drunk, will we see any Monty Python and the Holy Grail spoofs?
Also, if you don't want spoil it to much, you can always laugh at my silly ?'s and say.. I can't confirm or deny that, sorry. ;)

Last edited:
In the E3 Demo I noticed the Yellow bar next to signs, it seemed to drop after a sign, go empty when sprinting/climbing and drop a tiny bit when Geralt blocked an attack, however it was regenerating really quickly and there didn't seem to be a penalty for it being at empty.

So any more in-depth info on how Energy works in the game?
Also is there a separate bar for Stamina or did it just get amalgamated into that Energy bar?

Last edited:
Nice!
Will Konrad allow Kinley to sit on his lap while answering questions for his interview? If not Kinley, will he let Zorn?

I... I think that's fine. I'll let Kinley sit on Konrad's lap.
But if there is still a need for extra seats, I'll gladly offer my comfortable lap to any cosplayer who clearly identifies as female.

The other question is if they let me in to take part in the interview or if I have to wait in the ballpit.
Both sounds incredibly cool !

So, what shall it be? Do you join the Unity or do you die here? Join! Die! Join! Die!

Jokes aside. How are you approaching story in the third game? I heard that it's going to be more personal with less politics then in second game. But what do you mean by that? Is it going to be less action packed? Are you going to make wild hunt into more tradicional evil force that you need to destroy or make the story more personal. After all Geralt shouldn't be able to rescue whole world, he is just a witcher. Are you going for more heroic approach or more mundane/realistic characters?

Last edited:
- How far will the player be able to customize Geralt´s armor or Weapons?
- Will Crafting be actual crafting or just a preset?
- Will Roach, Geralt´s Horse be unique or every horse he rides?
- Will there be spontaneous events Geralt may choose to interfere upon?
- Will Kaer Morhen be restoreable or upgradeable to protect witchers from angry mobs or large goups of bandits?

- Is The Witcher 3 just about story, romance, obtaining items, slaying monsters, traversing the world and exploring dungeons?
Or can Geralt establish something more?

I've already asked all major questions in Kinley's thread.
So....

1. Who came up with the visual design of Ciri and what was the thought process when creating it ?
What changed throughout the different drafts, if anything ?

2. Will the Witcher MOBA game Battle Arena get a PC port at some point in the future ?

I find the idea of a Witcher MOBA amazing and I'd love to see a proper PC version of it.

The mere possibility of expanding it with unlockable heroes from the books, both dead and alive, blows my mind.
I mean... matches such as Cahir, Ciri and Yennefer against Bonhart, Vilgefortz and Eredin ? I say yes.

Last edited:
Already asked this for Kinley's list, but here goes: Will we have access to Geralt's full combat capability in terms of abilities like parrying, deflecting arrows, riposte, group style, dagger throwing and so on, right from the beginning of the game? This was a huge problem for me in TW2, seeing as one would have to play for about 3-4 hours without being able to fight properly every playthrough, more if you didn't go for swordsmanship right away.

Can you go into more details on the new auto-refilling potion system and tell us how it works in context to the game world?

What are your post launch plans for Witcher 3 and do you plan to add more mechanics and features if they are requested by fans and would you add expansions which will include additional land mass like for example a trip to Zerrikania would be awesome?

Simply put:For how long and how much you plan to support Witcher 3 after it's release?

What type of animated cutscenes will you use ? Are those the same comics from the second game or the serene pictures from the first game? Or something third?

Is crafting traps in the game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom