Game Issues Thread

+
The monster card "Fleder" states that every player in the region will suffer a wound before battle, however it didn't cause me a wound and I was in the same region as the player battling the "Fleder".

When I can use 5 or more cards in battle the 5th card is completely covered in a golden shine and I can't read it unless I drag the cards to the left.

Image:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 40
Bug. Triss, second quest from 3 quest game "The Rat King", Tretogor. On the quest finish the quest card was desapeared, but no VP were added and no new quest was given. A good fate card was added. The game log contents records that proofs were spent and the quest card was used. After Alt-Tab and/or the quest card apperead as active quest but then disapears again.

This Bug is caused by clicking on the good fortune card you were rewarded, before choosing your next quest. Most of the time.

I believe you clicked on your rewarded good fortune card, and then clicked hide, thus hiding the 2 Main Quest cards that you were supposed to choose from in the background.

At least that's what has happened to me in the past.

Spotted two mistakes:
- When using Shani - Dandelion Friend - on her card it states that she can heal one wound or one severe wound, but after using this card there is a statement that you can heal 2 wounds or 1 severe wound (same as when resting), but you can choose only one. I mean it works as in description, but when you have to choose there is different text
- When finishing Noble Beast quest, on the card there is statement that silver monster will appear in each region, but appears only in the quest region.

View attachment 4939

I've just played a game were the main quest disappeared after I've completed it and I was not able to pick a new one.
The subquests were finished and I've finished the main. The other guy said that he sees the quest as unfinished, but I've also played a card that I've won from the quest.
On the next turn the quest was there but when I've clicked on it it was marked as finished (the brownish yellow thing e.g. on sidequest when they are finished) and then the card disappeared again and nothing changed. (I was able to move around and do other things).

A network failures. It happens sometimes. Sometimes it restored by itself (all actions are repeated quickly), but sometimes nothing is changed at all - just music play.
Can you please add a network status indicator with ability to manually reistablish connection with the server on disconnect? And show an icon near the disconnected player portrait to notify another players that he/she has an issue.

Found out two bugs:
- In the Elemental (gold monster card) description, it states that before battle each character in the region receives severe wound. Only my character received it, and second players character did not even though he was in the same location.
- After resolving obstacles, I used Hooded Stranger card (good fortune card that gives additional action). Crosses on used activities dissappeared but I could only click end turn button. I should either not use this card at this point, or it hsould work as normal.

I had the same problem this evening while playing Triss in a two player game against my wife playing Dandelion. I had the quest Love's Melancholies, and had finished all the side quest before going to Oxenfort. I did not have enough proofs (1 purple, 1 blue) when I arrived but did an investigation which resulted in several blue investigation cards, which brought me below the level of proofs at one point, but then the last investigation card gave me enough to finish the quest, which I did. The game took my two proofs, but never offered me a new quest and on my next turn the original quest (Love's Melancholies) was still showing, but looked like everything was checked on it as finished. I double clicked on it to look at it, then minimized it and it vanished (There was no quest card showing at all on my screen). However, when my next turn started it was again. I could not finish it not get another quest so we aborted the game.

View attachment 4939

I've just played a game were the main quest disappeared after I've completed it and I was not able to pick a new one.
The subquests were finished and I've finished the main. The other guy said that he sees the quest as unfinished, but I've also played a card that I've won from the quest.
On the next turn the quest was there but when I've clicked on it it was marked as finished (the brownish yellow thing e.g. on sidequest when they are finished) and then the card disappeared again and nothing changed. (I was able to move around and do other things).

Playing with the latest version, noticed a couple of things I hadn't seen before:
- The "starting location" scroll for Geralt has "[beige]" tags before and after the location.
- Had everything to complete a quest, but it didn't complete. Left location and returned and brought up the quest card. It became stuck on the screen. I could press buttons I couldn't see behind the card. Left location and came back again, card remained, but also had the quest card where normal. Opened that up and became completely stuck. This was after the player I was playing had left, and was the first quest I completed after he left.
- New panel to show the log of events is very nice, but it loses some items and all new items are added even when filtered on one player. Would be nice to have a way to see your quest card when looking at that history and it's somebody else's turn.

the same happened to me playing as Triss, completely locked with the quest card, could not finish the quest. After clicking around i managed to hit the right point behind the card and finished the game.

Found a few:

1. The Investigation card "An ignoble offer" lets You pick a good fortune card if you decline the offer. When You do, the GUI tells You "Draw a good fortune card" but shows the cover of a bad fortune card (and plays the "evil" sound, i think). When flipped, it turns out to be a good fortune card, so only the cover is wrong

2. There's a word missing in the flavor text of the investigation card "Fervent Contemplation": In the last sentence, it says: "[...] make sense of what already have." It shoul be "[...] make sense of what YOU already have."

3. I forgot which investigation card it was, but one of them leaves You with the choice of advancing the war track or spending 2 Orens. It then says:
"Advance the war track or spend 2 Orens" and the buttons You can click say "Confirm" or "Cancel". That's maybe not strictly a bug, but it's something of a guessing game for sure ;)

4. The "Magic of Beauty"-Quest seems to be broken. I've chosen it two times, and every time it didn't reward me the VP for completion, nor was I allowed to select the next quest. I've seen a couple of people reporting such a bug in general, just wanted to point out that maybe this doesn't happen randomly from time to time, but rather always with certain quests.

All above issues are true for the current version of the game

EDIT: Just chose the "Magic of Beauty" Quest a 3rd time and it happened again, it definitely seems to be broken.

Last edited:
Language Inconsistencies
(conceptual and design issues, not typos or punctuation problems)

- The game's application title is "The Witcher Board Game" instead of "The Witcher Adventure Game" as it is referred to everywhere at this point in development (probably "Board" was an early name for it).

- This section is a bit between "reporting issues" as well as "gameplay feedback". As a principle that applies to much more than language, all unnecessary complexity adds up and makes getting into the game worse: new players will be presented with more new and confusing terms early on. Losing players for having confusing terms that don't really make the game better, but simply haven't been worked on enough, is tragic. So, examples where this can be avoided:

=> Gold/Coins/Orens. Usually it's referred to as "Gold", but the units are normally referred to as "Coins". The currency in The Witcher fantasy is Orens, so I think that for flavor you should drop "Gold" and "Coins" completely and always use "Orens". Always using the same symbol and word to refer to the same thing is the way to go when it comes to game mechanics. There's also the bugs when instead of symbol you still see "GoldCoin". I just think it feels too generic, Orens ("Oren" for 1, "Orens" if more) immediately gives it more flavor and is unique to the point where you won't be confusing it with any other mechanic in the actual game.

=> If there are several enemies to choose from in a region, the information isn't too clear, for example: "The current region contains 1x Bronze [symbol]2x Gold [symbol] Choose which enemy to battle" You should add some punctuation to this, especially before and/or after the symbols, because as you can see in this example sometimes there's even spaces missing.

=> "Subquest" (e.g. on all cards quest cards) or "side quest" (e.g. in the tutorial and as the text that appears on screen when they are completed) and it would be better if you use only one of those expressions throughout the game.

=> What is the deal with calling it "XP" and "Development"? Again, either please choose or the other, or perhaps something entirely different. Currently, on the UI there is a card slot for this feature that has each character's icon when it's empty and says "XP" which is confusing when you think about putting cards in it, and the name "Development" is also unclear. It seems to indicate that you can add substantial and permanent value to your character (this is a confusion implicit to calling it "development", which is similar to "experience" or "hero power"). In fact, this is strictly a BATTLE ITEM deck/slot, essentially EQUIPMENT and SPELLS. Picking a single term that makes it clear this is only good during battles (and that you can use 1-2 at most per battle) would be the best way to make sense of this system, to convey what it is about.

=> Clearer terms for wounds and healing would be useful. Is it a "normal", "small" or "heart" (the actual symbol) wound and then a "poison", "poisonous" or "severe" wound? When you rest are you resting or are you healing? Why not just call it Heal? Does Rest have "charges"? Uniform wording on all this would help new players considerably, and improves the quality of the game for everyone.

=> Both "Bye bye !" and "Player left." are very unclear notifications and should both be replaced. Use "Player quit the game." and "Player disconnected." instead. The first times I played, seeing "Bye bye !" made me assume someone was actually talking to me, instead of being a system message. You can avoid any confusion by replacing those terms since "player left" is also very ambiguous, it doesn't tell you he left because he quit or that he left because the connection was lost (that's the actual distinction your current notifications are trying to make). In addition, I personally feel "Bye bye !" is very annoying and too informal, breaking immersion for me.

Last updated: 31/July/2014

Last edited:
Typos, Spelling and Punctuation

As I'm first posting this, I'll repeat a few of the other issues that have been reported previously, but since there should probably be a sticky post just for these on the forum so that testers can post in it, preventing multiple entries and having a place to refer to, and for developers to keep track easily and fix it one by one, here's an attempt of doing that. Mods could then edit the post and mark something as solved.

There's a great amount of language inconsistencies in the game, probably to be expected from a game being developed by non-native english speakers. This shows a lot less in flavor text, where good english and story can be read.

COMMON ISSUES

- "Consqeuences" (instead of Consequences) in, apparently, every quest card.

- Cards with RECIVE instead of RECEIVE:
Anezka's Task (purple investigation)
Grains of Truth (purple investigation)
Some Unexpected information (purple investigation)
A Cryptic Letter (purple investigation)
A Little Intimidation (purple investigation)

- Development cards (Triss spells) with a paragraph break too soon, with the break occuring before the hero dice symbol:
Alzur's Thunder
Meteor
Explosive Blast
Hailstorm

SPECIFIC CARD ISSUES
[FORMAT: - CARD NAME (card type) => "TEXT WITH PROBLEM" (explanation; suggestion for solution)]

- Landslide! => "Ploughing landslide!." (minor punctuation issue)

- Poisonous Bite => "...and than resolve it." instead of "and then resolve it?" (post-battle success question)

- Grains of Truth (purple investigation) => "...in tavern gossip just sit at the right table..." (minor punctuation issue)

- Some Unexpected information (purple investigation) => "information" (title missing a capitalization)

- A Plea for Help => "." (minor punctuation issue)

- A Cryptic Letter (purple investigation) => "what it actually all means" (should be: all actually means)

- A Trap (blue investigation) => "...it was just cruel and clever trap" (maybe add "a" before "cruel")

- Missing Caravan (foul fate) => "Few dare brave the roadsand fewer still ever return..." (minor punctuation issue)

- Foul Play (purple investigation) => "glorybut" (space missing)

- Fervent Contemplation (red investigation) => "...make sense of what already have." (missing a "you")

- A Riddle of Steel (quest) => "...his father's steelif..." (missing a space); "...share the secret's of his father's steel..." (the ' on secrets is too much)

- Petri's Philtre (Geralt Potion) => "...cannot use any ther potion..." (other, not ther)

- Visit to the Antiquary (blue investigation) => "Spend either 1 [gold coin symbol] to roll your hero dice." (this is card text as well as confirmation dialogue, but there's actually nothing else to spend, only to spend the coin or not, the "either" should be removed) (also, please check if the art on this card is correct; is it really intended to depict an antiquary?)

- Elven Mobilization (purple investigation) and The Eastern Road (blue investigation) => exact same text, both sending you to Dol Blathanna and giving 2 blue proof. (even though they are not the same color, is this intended?)

- [BUG] No Regrets (purple investigation) => "proof" instead of the actual symbol; "GoldCoin" instead of the actual symbol, and in the confirmation dialogue that happens afterward, "GoldCoin" also appears.

Last updated: 31/July/2014

Last edited:
Think I found a bug, not sure. I don't have a problem with Authenticating, but if I click on the Menu button while on the "Authenticating" screen before it finishes, the game locks up and if I tab out, I can see this message for a very short while but I managed to screenshot it. : http://i.imgur.com/DdaY7QI.png (Visual C++ runtime library) error R6025 - pure virtual function call). This happens every time I test it.

Just noticed I can click "OK" on the error although I can't see it. When I do, I get the windows App crash screen telling me this: (Sorry, swedish language, I'll add some english to it in parentheses)

Problemsignatur:
(error name) Problemhändelsens namn: APPCRASH
(program name) Programnamn: TheWitcherAdventureGame.exe
Programversion: 4.5.2.26843
(program time stamp) Programtidsstämpel: 53bac1e4
(name of error module) Namn på felmodul: MSVCR110.dll
(modules version) Modulens version: 11.0.51106.1
(timestamp for error module) Tidsstämpel för felmodul: 5098858e
(exception code) Undantagskod: 40000015
(exception delay(?)) Undantagsförskjutning: 000a327c
OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
(language variant-ID) Språkvariant-ID: 1053
(more information 1) Ytterligare information 1: d3a7
(more information 2) Ytterligare information 2: d3a793062078713ead4632f00a4332e4
(more information 3) Ytterligare information 3: 9c01
(more information 4) Ytterligare information 4: 9c018862b36653f068bb31689e4f5eba

Last edited:
Game crashed in lobby

I was able to go through the options to start a public game. There was one more person in the lobby besides me and the screen said that we were waiting for more players to join. Then after 5 seconds or so, the game just crashed. It said to send the attached files to the developer, so here they are.

Attachments

• 2014-07-31_181240.zip
    36.2 KB · Views: 29
When it is another player's turn and I click his Quest Card, it pops up on the screen and I am unable to do anything anymore (go back and see what the player is doing, chat etc.) until he finishes his turn. There should be a way to hide his quest card and go back to the board.

How do I change the resolution? The game runs at 1320x768 at my laptop but at my PC the resolution is 1024x768 but monitor supports higher resolution.

How do I change the resolution? The game runs at 1320x768 at my laptop but at my PC the resolution is 1024x768 but monitor supports higher resolution.
Hold Shift, Ctrl or Alt while clicking Play button. The Witcher Board Game Configuration window should appear. :)

Top Bottom