Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But...I thought they were 3 large areas (like DA Inquisition) and not a single map.

Nope, all one map, as far as we know. Sure there'll be some disconnected parts (like Kaer Morhen) or some other place too far to include in the map, but other than that everything is connected.

I meant a fully explorable map spanning from Novigrad to Cintra is just colossal.

But that's not what it is supposed to be; someone just cropped that part of the map because it approximately encompassed all the known locations, Novigrad, No-Man's Land and the Skellige Isles. It doesn't represent what the in-game map will be or anything, it's all assumptions (based on the leak, but yeah...).

I love how the guy says yeah" The PC you get a few bells and whistles but the consoles are surprisingly close, you get the same exact same XP"

In cdpr terms what this means. Your PC will melt from the required specs but look awe inspiring. The Console will not look horrible, playable, same XP !!! I promise wink wink wink..................gotta love PR talk!!!

I love how the guy says yeah" The PC you get a few bells and whistles but the consoles are surprisingly close, you get the same exact same XP"

I don't love that talk at all. It's the one thing I don't like about CDPR right now. But hey, it's all PR talk. I hope.

All they're saying is that you'll get the same epic adventure on all platforms. Obviously, the PC will have it's own UI and additional graphical features.

I'm sure about the graphical features, but I'm not sure about the UI. The "PC will get it's special inventory and UI" statement is from E3 2013. What they showed this year, the grid based UI seemed like it would work well on PC, it's far better than TW2, but they played it with a controller. So I'm not sure what to think.

This is the actual article, if anyone is interested:
http://gamingbolt.com/dx12-wont-cha...-be-able-to-push-more-triangles-witcher-3-dev

Even if new chapter will arrive it will happen not sooner than 2018-2020, after Cyberpunk release and maybe after Enhanced edition. Not to tell it will be a very complex work and need many time only to do alpha video to announce.

Well they won't be saying that come 2015. ;)

They probably won't be saying much of anything about any games in 2015. Not really their specialty. Usually outlets like that just report about game-related lawsuits or film adaptations. That sort of thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom