The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I agree with you. the scary effect of potion to Geralt's face was implemented very well in Witcher 1's cinematic and 52 and a half trailer, but unfortunately it did not make it to the games. I also wish that it makes to the gameplay in Witcher 3.

True. I also loved the drinking animation in TW1. It's a pity that we don't see him drinking anymore.
I understand the fact that they want to make alchemy system as immediate as possible, but a 2-3 seconds animation wouldn't be annoying, especially if we get to see Geralt's face turning white-pale and his veins surfacing in a creepy and fancy way.

Witcher stolen mutagens and avoiding possible plot hole (SPOILERS)

Greetings,
im writing this post with the intention to discus or also sugest a posible ending (if not done already) to the stolen witcher mutagens of the first game.

If you played both games you may have noticed that after the end of the witcher geralt is held as a personal bodyguard for king foltest of temeria giving him to my understanding no chance to return the mutagens stolen to kaer morhen.

supossing that he held the mutagens in his inventory along the full plot of the witcher 2 (or maybe he left them buried, hiden or in someplace safe until he is able to take them to the witchers fortres) i think it would be interesting to make a quest or a cutseen were geralt go to kaer morhen and gives the mutagens to vesemir .
As i have noticed that we shall be able to see the awsome and beautifull kaer morhen atleast in cutseens, i dont know if it shall be a location ingame; it would be nice if they end this plotline of the first game at last. In case it is a location in game you can personally take the mutagens there if they are in your inventory or if geralt had hidden them, burried them or left them somewere the player should go and find them first.
Also it can happen that some bandits have stole them, you will notice it using the witcher senses when you see that the mutagens are missing, then you can track them down and finally having them in your hands take the mutagens to were they belong.
they can eaven make the mutagens a special item wich improves the alchemy skills, agranting aditional duration and effect to the potions making it a tough desicion... should you do the right thing and return the mutagens or keep them to yourself to enchance your power.

Tell me what you think, Have a great day :D

Last edited:
Great Idea! I remember reading somewhere thar Kaer Moren Will have a very important part to play in TW3, witch probably means that we will be able to return there at some point in the game, and hopefully it will be a location that you can get there at any time.
But you raise a good point man, Geralt stayed with foltest for a couple of months (I think) before TW2 started, witch means that is also possible that he already gave the secrets back to them during this period, maybe trough other channels, like metting with Lambert or someone else, and giving it to him. But I still like the Idea to try to make a line of connection with the events of TW1!

i thought about it too, i mean almost 3 month´s went between witcher one and twoo but it is not specificaly stated anywere. it might be posible that he met other of his fellow withcers or was able to cross temeria, keadwen and reach kaer moren to give the mutagens and then return to vizima but taking into acount that bodyguards are always at the side of who are they protecting and with the asesination atemps i dont think that foltest alowed geralt to leave his side for a long time along with the fear that he will leave and never return.
Of course it is all a sugestion but who knows :)

I have a suspicion that Kaer Moerhen is going to work as the location of the prologue to introduce new players to the world of the Witcher, much as they did in the first game. I'm not so sure if it's going to be a place that we could visit repeatedly during the game, considering how far removed it's from the regions confirmed for the game.

stuff

the new game looks awesome, but when i watch gameplay it just dont really have that epic and kinda cosy atmospehere that tw1 and tw2 had, butit will probably have when i play it, and i really hope they have that godray effecy like in tw2, that game had an awesome sun. when i first played it, i was on that bridge in the beginning of tthe tutorial, and the mmoon shined through the trees, and then at the crack of dawn the sun looked amazing.

another thing that might have given tw2 a great atmosphere is that the camera was close behind geralt, wich made everything look more personal and like you see it through geralts eyes, in tw3 the camera seem to be kinda high up far away from geralt, wich made him look small, this is probably beacuse it is an open world and you run around alot but still. it also makes stuff less detailed.

but all the mechanics and the world and story seem awesome but the it doesnt seem to have that cool atmosphere, and also, get rid of those orange and blue lines the sword have when you swing it in the air, those are just immersion breaking.

the new game looks awesome, but when i watch gameplay it just dont really have that epic and kinda cosy atmospehere that tw1 and tw2 had, butit will probably have when i play it, and i really hope they have that godray effecy like in tw2, that game had an awesome sun. when i first played it, i was on that bridge in the beginning of tthe tutorial, and the mmoon shined through the trees, and then at the crack of dawn the sun looked amazing.

another thing that might have given tw2 a great atmosphere is that the camera was close behind geralt, wich made everything look more personal and like you see it through geralts eyes, in tw3 the camera seem to be kinda high up far away from geralt, wich made him look small, this is probably beacuse it is an open world and you run around alot but still. it also makes stuff less detailed.

but all the mechanics and the world and story seem awesome but the it doesnt seem to have that cool atmosphere, and also, get rid of those orange and blue lines the sword have when you swing it in the air, those are just immersion breaking.

I doubt they will get rid of those cheesy orange & blue sword line trails, but it would be cool if they did. It falls under the same category as the cheesy crossbow effect with the white line bolt trails. I believe RED knows that most of us do not like the looks of those effects, be it sword or bolt trails. Most have suggested that the effects should be more subtle or at least be colorless and clear with some cool looking motion blurr style for those types of effects, instead of the ones they had @ E3.
I do hope they change it, they do have a few extra months to do so..
Anyways,
I disagree about TW3 not having an epic cool atmosphere compared to TW1 & TW2.
I think its perfect in every other way, also RED said we will have a few camera options to choose from, so no worries.;)

Last edited:
The line trails aren't really beautiful to see for sure and I would be happy if they were eliminated, but this isn't a major problem.

I think that A.I. should be one of the main priorities, because we haven't seen much material regarding enemy's reaction to the events happening in their environment and to Geralt's actions. Also the village NPC's A.I. hasn't been tested.

I'm telling this because, being TW3 an open world, projecting the behavior patterns for hundreds of different characters, beasts and monsters is not an easy task at all.
We have witnessed many previous open world/sandbox games that have ridiculously stupid artificial intelligence.
So I hope for a solid A.I. to be implemented in this game.

I just thought of something... What about an animation(s) effect showing Grealt's & NPC's warm breath, when it's cold outside in the snow or rain or what whatever.
It's a small detail, but it would be really cool if cdpr could add this effect in a way that looks real and cool.
Maybe even show the warmth of his horse snorting & breathing in the open cold air. I guess it's a fine line and It has to look perfect or it's a no go, but if they can pull it off maybe we will see this in the game come Feb 24th who knows. ;)

Yeah that's a great idea. Skyrim had a user mod for this I think.

And if they're going for more immersion, they should add an option for Geralt to be able to take the horse by the reins and lead him as he walks. Because going trough crowded streets mounted and hitting people is less immersive than slowly guiding your horse trough them.

I noticed how much I dislike the screen going black each time I sell an item in TW2. After a while It really starts to hurt ones eyes when I'm selling tons of shit.
So just a simple sound and the item(s) disappearing is more than enough in TW3 me feels.;)

I noticed how much I dislike the screen going black each time I sell an item in TW2. After a while It really starts to hurt ones eyes when I'm selling tons of shit.
So just a simple sound and the item(s) disappearing is more than enough in TW3 me feels.;)

Sounds like a system bug; a normally operating game doesn't do that. Question might get a better answer in the support thread.

Sounds like a system bug; a normally operating game doesn't do that. Question might get a better answer in the support thread.

Yeah..You might be right, I am playing it on 360 after all.
Hey..Guy N'wah? Do you know how much TW3 is going to kickass!!;)

Yeah..You might be right, I am playing it on 360 after all.
Hey..Guy N'wah? Do you know how much TW3 is going to kickass!!;)

Yeah, I don't use the 360, it might be an artifact of the way the 360 drives the monitor. Any 360 users have experience with this phenomenon?

And it should kick like Regis's mule.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PHOTO MODE

What you guys think about photo mode in the Witcher 3?

Something like in inFamous: Second Son or The Last of Us Remastered

I think that would be amazing if something like that was in the game

:look:

I looking for this :D

What you guys think about photo mode in the Witcher 3?

Something like in inFamous: Second Son or The Last of Us Remastered

I think that would be amazing if something like that was in the game

:look:

I looking for this :D

For those on PC, it's sorta already there - Print Screen. ;)

Given that the game should (ok, let's face it, it will) be beautiful, this would be a nice add-on, but not a major want on my end.

For those on PC, it's sorta already there - Print Screen. ;)

Given that the game should (ok, let's face it, it will) be beautiful, this would be a nice add-on, but not a major want on my end.

Given the fact that the game is set roughly in 1270, instead of a photoshoot mode, there should be a portrait mode, with screeshots edited with artistic, brush and renaissance filters. It would fit the mood of TW3 quite well.

Top Bottom