Gameplay Feedback Thread

+
just played around with triss, it seems like shes's at a big disadvantage compared to the other 3 in terms of refilling the character's special skillss

I actually really enjoy playing as Triss, you could say I 'main' her. Her disadvantages are there, but they are usually circumstantial, and only work to define the uniqueness of her play. A part of her strategy is to develop early and get yourself a couple cards in your first couple turns. Do this and bronze monsters are nothing. Not only that, but her blue proof cost is so low, by avoiding fights and moving to the right places you can pull out ahead in the mid-game when all she needs is 2 blue proofs to complete a main quest. She's at a disadvantage if you try to play her like Geralt, but if you pay attention to what she's good at and utilize her strengths, you have a chance to outplay anyone.

Last edited:
Hi guys
Firstly i must congratulate you, you have made a great game. But there are 2 things which really irritates me:

1. "Player X is thinking" message, that appears right above the latest player action, so you don't see what happend till another action is made. Move it to some other place where it won't interfere with other stuff please.

2. If you want to read what was on the card that another player used, cursor of your mouse has to be placed over the used card in activity window. But here comes the problem, if any other action is made (which usually takes 2-3 seconds), whole activity history will move down, which makes it impossible to hold mouse cursor at the right place and you just can't manage to read all informaiton on the card on the first try.
It would be nice if you could just click on the card you wanted to read and lock it at the screen. Unlock could be made by another click on the displayed card.

Keep up the good work, you are making a lot of people happy ;)

Her blue proofs cost as little as Geralt's red proofs and Dandelion's purple proofs, so she really doesn't have an advantage there. Get unlucky with the quest draw that requires red proof and then you will have to hope for great red investigation cards or you will be fighting far too much. She is, overall, weak compared to the other 3.

- There definitely should be some sort of interaction between players to spice things up.

- The waiting time between turns is a huge drawback. It's vital to enable us to browse all the cards freely in order to kill some time, or get a clearer look at what's going on in game. The battles should be shown openly as well, similarly as it has been designed in Talisman: DE.

- The instances of dice roll where you expect to get the success result in order to get something (e.g. proofs) should be automatically resolved instead of using the drag and drop window. At current stage it doesn't make any sense and unnecessarily prolongs the gameplay.

- Dice roll animation could be refined. It is seems clunky and it takes to long to get the result.

While that would certainly help, I don't think it will be enough. To elaborate on my previous post, I think the game also needs to have players be able to interact directly with each other at any point in the game. Here are some suggestions:
- If the players are in the same city, they can trade information, investigation, proof and gold.
- Players can travel together and fight as a team, sharing dice throws and spoils. (This would match my simultaneous turns idea very well.)
- Players can complete quests from other players and steal half of the VPs.
- A co-op action has a random chance to clear off bad fate tokens. In the case of Geralt and Triss, the effect is doubled but they get delayed.

We will have support quest - if you are in the same location then another player you can help him if you spend some resources from you poll. You will get 6 vp and the other character that recived help will get 3 Vp. Every quest will have one support quest.

Trading in the same city is a part of the Boxed edition on the game - we are thinking if we would like to have it in the digital. It slows the game and it makes it a good target for troll players.

Just played a 3 Quests match with a friend of mine. For a Beta it is very well done, the only thing I have to say is about the tutorial. Not so easy to understand. The better thing, up to me of course, is to have as tutorial a first match with Bots and pop-up Advices.

Anyway, I think, in future, when the "Offline" mode will be available, learning how to play will be easier. But I strongly suggest to create a first tutorial with bots and advices.

Welcome everyone : )

I would like to share with you some of my notes made during my The WItcher Adventure Game plays. These are only "game feedback" notes, because the other type of comments I send through dedicated forms. Here we go:

- First look at Yarpen in game gives me and my girlfriend (using friend key to beta) feeling, that it's bit overpowered (or Triss is the one should be buffed - e.g. with Preparing 2 spells at once, similar to Geralt's Brew action?).
- Still about Yarpen. As playing him I was taking only commands that were giving me 2 points to Development Cards and free lead. Rest of companions were mostly useless. Also these 2 free wounds... Overpowered. Maybe let player choose only 1 companion to command and affect those companions with wounds instead of 2 free slots?
- As all video game adaptations of board game, this one too would be great to see on mobile platforms like tablets and so on.
- The board is beautiful with its discreet animation. Background music is also climatic and didn't tire me even after a few hours of playing TWAG.
- It would be nice to have a possibility to view other characters cards during yours or anyone else turn. Also while choosing the Main Quest Card and character before match starting to remind about their attributes.
- Changing "Mute Game" option into volume slider whould be great.
- Moving dices from "free pool" to slots last bit long and can be tiring. I would left "grabing" and moving dices mechanic but changed double click into easy and fast one click order that immediatelly move them to right slots (and clicking on them "docked" would bring them back to "free pool" - this is ).
- There is no Cancel option in Yarpen Zigrin's Command action, so each missclick cost you loosing an action.
- Dunno if game doesn't missunderstand weight of wounds. Or maybe it's me the one, who misunderstood which are more serious and how many of them I can heal.
- Only one note about bugs. Switching between apps/windows with Alt+Tab makes many "undesirable phenomena".

Hope my notes will be useful and promise that I'm gonna bring some new feedback after next few hours of playing : )

Regards,
Świrex

Last edited:
Hello and thanks for the access to beta of this magnificant game. Sorry for my english and mistakes (i'm russian).
Well, at all The Witcher Adventure Game seems to be great!

What I've liked:
* the style of this game;
* beautiful paintings on cards;
* the map. It's really great. Especially small details like snowfall near Kaer Morhen, rain in Rivia, fog, falling leaves. (Then why there are no waves on the sea? :) ). And the table around is nice too;
* the concept of the game (considering what you said about new cards to interact with each other);
* the music.

But. There are a lot of bugs and defects in the game. (sorry, I will often repeat thoughts of previous commentators)
- Visual side of the game:
* the figures of the map. It's my own opinion, of course, but they are awful. I think it is because they are both small and monochrome. If you make them more colorful and just make their pedestals in the color of the heroes, people will not confused whose figure it is;
* why the colors of leads/proofs are the same as the colors of heroes? When I played first time, I think that they are connected somehow and this bothered me;
* in the chat the color of the nickname of person, who is playing for Yarpen, is yellow. The same as my own words in the chat. And this fact make my understanding of the messages more complicated;
* about the dice that very often fly to the upper side of the screen somebody have wrote yet;
* it is very, very annoying, when you try to read what card was drawn or used moving the cursor to corresponding record in the list, and someone do the next action and all the list moves down. and the phantom of card, that you're reading is disappeared. Very annoying;
* honestly, the road between Brokilon and Wyzima seems to be the road between Jaruga and Wyzima. On the map it is not clear where is the beginning of the road.
* BUG (as I think). the movements of cards and heroes is fine, but when I switch to another application on my computer (while this time one player ended his turn and another player (hero - Yarpen) begun and make action 'travel'), and then return back all the missing animation was demonstrated to me (faster, of course). But the problem is that the animation of figure's movement (it is about Yarpen) was shown earlier than the picture of turn's change. And then this history repeated twice with other heroes in other games.

- Something about cards and sheets:
* I think in the description of the heroes or even in their sheets there must be information about the number of dice that they have in the beginning of the game;
* I don't now bug it is or not, but in the sheets with quests the place is called "Shaerrawedd" and on the map it is "Shearwedd" (???);
* Geralt's development cards don't contain words if they are small lay on the hero sheet and Geralt isn't my hero;
* sometimes cards that you can use, instead of having just golden frame are totally golden (and once it happens with dice). When I clicked on those cards/dice or just moved them anyhow, they became normal, with just frame;
* fortune card "A fine meal": it says, that we can remove one heart from hero's sheet. On the card instead of word "heart" it is the picture of heart. But it is not clear that I can remove not only usual heart but also poisoned heart from the sheet. Can you write on this card something like "you can remove one (heart) or one (poisoned heart) "?
* investigation card "Savolla": its condition: "roll dice 3 times ... if not success discard one of your faceup investigation cards". If I already don't have any faceup investigation cards why I have to roll dice? Why I can't just skip pointless rolls?
* investigation card "The dungeon keeper's tales" : "An old man waiting...". Maybe it should be "An old man is waiting..."?
* BUG. Dandellion's quest card "At your command": in subquest we need to spend 3 purple leads, but when this card is small on the hero sheet, it says that we need to spend only 2 leads.

-Other nitpickings:
* many disconnections;
* sometimes game started even if I hadn't voted yet (public game) and in lobby were only two of us;
* why do the number of quests determined not by majority of players but by random choice from the variants that we choose? ??? Or, maybe, it is not random but minimal of what we choose? This enrages me, when 3 people choose 3 quests, 1 person chooses 1 quest and we play only 1 quest;
* Triss is a very weak hero;
* occasionally in some towns the game offered me to choose lead before my turn. I don't understand why it was so, but in fact the game gave me extra leads;
* I don't know bug is it or not, but I can't do action "fast travel" from Brokilon to Cintra through Duen Canell despite I had 1 coin. If it is not bug then it is very strange fact;
* no interaction with other players. I hope in new cards will be something about co-op (heroes are friends yet);
* no history! It is not very interesting when there are no links between quests.
* I don't understand (even after more then 10 games) when the game is stopping? Why sometimes the end of the game in coming after someone do needed number of quests and sometimes (I would say even rarely) the game allows to make one more turn to other players?

In all, the game is great but it still requires a huge amount of work.

Last edited:
I wanted to share my opinion and post a few feedback issues.
Game is nice and fun to play. Simple after a few moments. At first I felt really lost in its mechanics, but after one game I already knew what to do. That's a big plus.
First of all, one quest mode is completely unballanced. It should have altered quest cards. Some of the quests are fast and easy, but in the "reward" they have for example skulls, what has got tactical meaning. In one quest mode they don't matter and are just too easy.
Another thing is no single retention mechanism. Game is nice to play, but nothing makes me want to stay for longer. Nothing to unlock, no rewards, no quests (for example "win the game with Geralt") etc.
Game features private games. But I really would like to invite my friend and then go to public game with him. Beta allows me to invite one friend only, but I would like to play with him games with 4 players, not just 1v1.
Where is the friend system? I've already met a couple of really nice people, but my contact with them was over after the game. Chat window got enough space to place a couple of buttons it, so there would be a place in the interface for the friend list.
Voting for game start - game desn't give feedback when players start voting.
Now in-game issue. Sometimes others' turns are reaaaaaaaally long and during them I really would like to look on my own interface and to plan strategy, but I am not given that possibility, so I have to look on others' interfaces.

That would be all for now. I guess that the game still is full of placeholders, but this is my experience after a couple of playtime hours.

Well, I'll do a quick list of some features that I think would improve gameplay.

- A sliding bar in the Activation window, to see past player actions quickly, without having to scroll repeteadly with the mouse wheel.
- An option to see and read the other players cards, and your cards when it is another player's turn.
- The option to tokae back your dices after they have been placed in their respective box. Also, the "click and draw" mechanic to put each dice into a box could be simplified to double-click at any dice, and it will appear automatically in the appropriate box, and double-click again at a placed dice, and it will return to the table.
- Improved tutorial is a must.

Firstly i want to congrats you for the well advanced visual of the game (gameplay, graphcis, art) considering that's a beta.

Players above me have already highlighted the advantages and shortcomings of gameplay, and all i would add will be relative value. In fact i take time to propose an idea about the addictive side of the gameplay, even if i enjoy playing the game and coming back everyday, i think it would be a plus to add a progression aspects to the game.
We could use the medium that is the computer and the online mode to implement a player profile with success, and in-game challenge that once performed could unlock rewards in-game which will give it the want of progress. Rewards such as music and artwork (artwork cards) unlockable.
Bascally to change the playing experience of a physically board game.

Thank you for giving us the chance to express ourselves, and I hope you will come out the best game possible anyway I really have fun

:cheers:

HI ,
I think that before we go matchmaking ,we could choose how many quest we want to do and be match with those people instead of voting for it

This is just a lazy question/suggestion but: Could you implement a similar dice rolling mechanic to that in TW2?

As much as I'd like to add something here, everyone's already said everything I was going to say. I guess I could say that adding tooltips for when you hover your cursor over stuff would be handy, as well as having the framerate lock to whatever your monitor's refresh rate is rather than being locked to 30 frames per second.
Oh! A cool idea, what if there were games of dice poker going on "under the table" between players waiting for their turn? Players could bet with some currency not connected to the game, and you could do all kinds of things with those.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you ever so much for including me in beta!

I played some ~30 games so far and made some notes. Here they are, although I saved the most important thing for the end.

1. Joining the lobby and waiting for players takes forever, I'm pretty sure there's more people online than just me at any given moment. Also, while "at" the lobby, the game still gets disconnected there, I made sure it was not my provider's fault. It would be awesome if there was one huge lobby for all the players and we could see how many people are waiting. Maybe even see the private games? Or games already in progress where one of the players left - we could just take it on from where they left. Also, since there are connectability issues, it would be awesome if there was like 2 minutes for the player to return? I wish there had been something like that when my laptop's battery died and I got kicked out.

2. It seems to me that once the game chose the character for me? I'm pretty certain I didn't click anything at it just decided for me. Is it even possible? Maybe a tiny bug? No idea to be honest. Happened once only.

3. I would love to get a sound notification when my turn comes! The waiting is torture. I can't do anything while my opponents act and just sitting here and staring at the screen is not my favourite thing to do. So I get distracted and my co-players are getting impatient if I am motionless for too long. Also,why do I "have to" loot at my opponents' cards while their turn? Why can't I choose whose cards I wanna see? It would really help make some decisions. So that's a 2 in 1. Sound alert and/or "pretty please make the wait less boring!".

4. Music and sounds need to be separated. Especially if you give us one song for the whole game which can last quite a while (just finished an over 2 hrs long one!). Or just put some more music in ;) I know I'm expecting too much from a Beta but I know I'm not the only one on this. Another matter is it being very loud, but hey, not very disturbing.

5. Minor things like white background instead of anything else after finishing the game - the screen with the scores and places we won. Or the game freezing for half a minute (but maybe that's my laptop's fault, not sure). Happens seldom, not too much of a problem.

6. Quite an important issue for me. Why can't I reorganise dice once put into sockets? That option would be really useful! More than once Me, or my coplayers, rushed and clicked the dice into sockets too early. Maybe just reassigning one dice? That would help a lot!

7. Finally the most important matter. There is hardly any interaction between players! For now it really seems like a single player game. If any four people sat down and played the game on four separate boards, I think they wouldn't notice a difference. Well, maybe apart from not having to wait a month for their opponents to act. Moreover, it would be reasonable to think about some ways to disturb other players, make it harder for them to complete the quests. And make the game a tiny bit harder. For now, especially when playing Geralt, it's rather easy. Imbalanced Geralt is another issue. He's so overpowered! And Triss is underestimated. She should be stronger.

I don't know how the game will work once it's out but for now, it needs some fixing. Even though I love the concept, the quests and characters and graphics and all... it doesn't feel right, there's something missing. And by something I mostly mean the interaction. This is the most important issue of all. Stability and connectability come second to this.

Ps. I encountered three crashes. One reported to mantis site, the other two are here:
Folder names:
2014-08-11_015228 and 2014-08-11_120412.

Can't wait for the final product!

I've already written feedback reply containing more than one or two ideas, but today I've came up with another one.
Quest goal.
For now players are voting for quest goal AFTER they join lobby and pick their characters. Problem is, sometimes people really do not have time for 5-quest game and they just have to leave.
I want to ask dev team - do you guys plan on creating different queues for different game goals? So the player set up quest goal BEFORE joining lobby and then he is matched with people who share the same goal. That would be a nice function :D

A little offtop here - is there any possibility of getting additional one or two beta keys? I'd really like to play 4-player game with my friends :D

Last edited:
When you start the TWAG, you have a nice "Offline" button. I was hoping it will allow me to familiarize more with the game in single-player mode but instead, I still had to login / go online to play. I think it's confusing.
View attachment 5247

Attachments

• gog_TWAG_1.jpg
    gog_TWAG_1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 50
When you start the TWAG, you have a nice "Offline" button. I was hoping it will allow me to familiarize more with the game in single-player mode but instead, I still had to login / go online to play. I think it's confusing.
That's actually Galaxy's Launcher, but I can see how that could be misleading.

These are a few problems and improvements I believe could be made we decided on in chat while playing this game.
There is a lack of player interaction- This is especially apparent in the 1 quest game mode where there is no direct way to hinder an opponents progress in a meaningful way. Direct combat between players could be an idea though I could also see stealing cards as dandelion/places curses on someone as Triss would be a thematic solution to the problem.

The next idea would be to have one or two public quests (depending on the player size) that anyone could complete and have the normal objective someone would draw as a secret, which only they know how/can complete. This makes the game feel a little less solitaire and requires players to guess each others actions.

The next will also be a thematic rule of having large beasts that either require players to work together briefly to deal with or to go it alone for bigger rewards (Like the Kayren) but a more challenging fight, have these monsters remain in play until they are successfully defeated. Either offer large rewards or have the monster cause a negative effect until it is dealt with (or both) to encourage players to take these monsters down. objectives like this will make the game feel a little less like a pick up and deliver game of going from point A to point B as it adds more player choice to the experience.

Finally there is the issue of downtime while other players are taking their turns. This could be solved by allowing simultaneous turns as an option and then have hem all resolve at once, or if that is too much at least include the option of a turn timer and let players look at there own character cards during another persons round. This will the make the experience quicker, more fluid and entertaining as the player will be interacting more often and can plan their moves before they come around as they can see their own quest card during other players turns.

Thank you for reading this, just a couple of these features could really elevate the game experience.

Waiting for turn is really boring unless players will have less time to take action (say 1-2 minutes) so the game will be more dynamic and harder. Another option is adding some encyclopedia to the game and allow players to read staff.

And there should be more info about players action!

My proposition for interactions between players:
1. Player in same town can duel each other (pain or gain style).
2. Players should have possibility to do some other effects (like global things) so they could do something to winning player.

We cannot just watch others when there is 0 connection between us (beside VPs).

Last edited:
Top Bottom