The Witcher franchise thread

+
It really depends on what the multiplayer consists of. If it's just one-on-one or team-vs-team combat don't expect to see me. If it's some sort of co-op game play (even something as limited as Neverwinter) then I'll be there.

Gotta be Co-Op. gotta be. Screw Deathmatch or Co Op deathmatch..I have BF 4 for that. Co Op all the way.

Still kind of wish we could do Co Op in Witcher 3. Oh well.

Gotta be Co-Op. gotta be. Screw Deathmatch or Co Op deathmatch..I have BF 4 for that. Co Op all the way.

Still kind of wish we could do Co Op in Witcher 3. Oh well.

This!

Coop with a unique campaign designed for it, with options for all kinds of classes.

Did I..did I just drool?

Dibs on Witcher Class! Or, failing that...sorceror class!

You can have it. I'll be the troubadour class and gather all the intel from the corrupt magistrates court to pass onto the muscle (which would be you then). having that level of openness in a coop campaign would be both amazing and would translate well to Cyberpunk and it's class system don't you think?

On another note I just got done with a game of The Witcher Adventure Board game with @shinobi2u I thought I would ask here if anyone on the dystopian side has the beta as well and would be up to play sometime? This thread would be useful to organise games on that.

That thread has done nothing to help :p but very well I bow to the moderator.

Well, I never said that the thread itself would do your work for you, only that you can use it.

P.S. Sard is, obviously, a fair and just overlord. You should listen to him in all matters related to purging Ciri content.

He doesn't know shit about computer RPGs though :p

Well, I never said that the thread itself would do your work for you, only that you can use it.

P.S. Sard is, obviously, a fair and just overlord. You should listen to him in all matters related to purging Ciri content.

He doesn't know shit about computer RPGs though :p

How about you btw? got the beta and up for some future gaming? (I'll start putting in details in the other thread when I know what's what).

I assume you will be the Wild Hunt class in our imaginary coop campaign as well then :p

Last edited:
I have SWAG ( Supreme Witcher Adevnture Game) but consider rather boring. TO BE FAIR, I feel that way about all board ( I mentally retitle them Bored) Games.

Except Dungeon Quest. I play that a few times a year, because death.

I DO SO KNOW ROLE PLAYING GAMES.

Pretty sure dice are rolled, so, you know. Roll playing. Right?

How about you btw? got the beta and up for some future gaming? (I'll start putting in details in the other thread when I know
Yeah, I pre-ordered TW3 on gog immediately so I was part of the group that got the very first batch of beta keys for TWAG.

So something I have noticed but never seen brought up before, you guys notice that Geralts Silver Sword in all the trailers we have seen so far glows with magical runes? I wonder what's going on there. Not worth a thread on the Witcher forums so posting my observation here.

So something I have noticed but never seen brought up before, you guys notice that Geralts Silver Sword in all the trailers we have seen so far glows with magical runes? I wonder what's going on there. Not worth a thread on the Witcher forums so posting my observation here.

I noticed it and I saw a really clear shot of Geralt unsheathing with the glowing runes. Somewhere. Damn it.

I noticed it and I saw a really clear shot of Geralt unsheathing with the glowing runes. Somewhere. Damn it.

It's very noticeable in the griffin hunt E3 trailer.

I'll take a screencap from the trailer for reference.

View attachment 5252

Attachments

• witcher_3_sword.jpg
    witcher_3_sword.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 85

Forum veteran
Do the glowing runes show up in the gameplay trailer? I can't remember seeing any, but I wasn't really looking. If it's there, though, it might be a visual aid so that clicking attack and having Geralt pull out his sword doesn't leave you wondering which one he grabbed. Either that or they're making the silver sword seem more "ooh magical." There have been a number of threads in the past pointing out that silver is a soft metal and not at all suitable for a sword.

(Or, if you want to go the conspiracy theory route, I could point out that it's the same language as the writing on Sile's hat.)

Do the glowing runes show up in the gameplay trailer? I can't remember seeing any, but I wasn't really looking. If it's there, though, it might be a visual aid so that clicking attack and having Geralt pull out his sword doesn't leave you wondering which one he grabbed. Either that or they're making the silver sword seem more "ooh magical." There have been a number of threads in the past pointing out that silver is a soft metal and not at all suitable for a sword.

(Or, if you want to go the conspiracy theory route, I could point out that it's the same language as the writing on Sile's hat.)

I don't think he ever draws his silver sword in the trailers come to think of it. Unless the hilts have changed position.

I tried to see in the newest trailer vs the werewolf but again I think it's the steel sword.

No wait re-watched it, he does draw his silver sword vs the other monsters and I don't see any runes. Now I'm more curious as to what's going on, maybe it's plot related or a special weapon he found?

Last edited:

Forum veteran
If it's not in the gameplay trailer, then it's probably just an effect that exists for the trailer like Triss and her glowing eyes:

They should have found a way to actually use that in W2. Sigh.

Runes were on the blade in TW2. I don't think it's hard for them to pull off. In this vid I can see something glowy about Geralt, but not sure what it is thanks to the shit uploads. i really want a quality PC demo now. That'd be greeeeeaat thanks.

Sard's post isn't coming through for me, so I'll quote myself:

I think somebody got their Lord's Prayer crossed. There are two versions of that verse:

"And forgive us our debts/As we forgive our debtors", and "And forgive us our trespasses/As we forgive those who trespass against us".

The "debts and debtors" version is a better translation of the original, and it is current in most languages, but the "trespasses" version is entrenched in English (except among the Church of Scotland, Presbyterians, and a few other stubborn types).

The Glagolitic on the sword reads something like dlžnicima, which should be Old Church Slavonic; it compares well to modern Croatian našim dužnicima, "[to] our debtors".

The implications of putting "debtors" on a sword suggest Geralt is out to collect, not to forgive.

Top Bottom