Metro last light

+
Well but they could have made it a timed exclusive as well, if they really had to do the stupid preorder difficulty.

I am unsure of how unresponsible the developers really are, after all they let them do that with their vision of the game. I would be very unhappy to be part of that business practice. I don't know how much leverage the developers have and how many alternative publishers they could go to. But I sure would do my very best for the love of the project.

Mataresa said:
Well but they could have made it a timed exclusive as well, if they really had to do the stupid preorder difficulty.

I am unsure of how unresponsible the developers really are, after all they let them do that with their vision of the game. I would be very unhappy to be part of that business practice. I don't know how much leverage the developers have and how many alternative publishers they could go to. But I sure would do my very best for the love of the project.

Isn't Russia really poor and shit? I doubt the artists working in that studio had many options. They don't own their product like CDPR does.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/17/left-hand-metro-right-hand-4a-on-poor-work-conditions/

Mataresa said:
To tell the truth it doesn't have as draconian drm as ubisoft games for example. You can run the game without internet connection. Also there are no-steam cracks if you don't want steam running in the background.

It seems like some PC gamers are ruled by a fear/hatred of DRM. They don't get to play as much good games just because there's a hint of DRM or some other bullshit DLC thing they don't like.

This shit is embarrassing. This situation with dlc shouldn't ever happened.
There, you can enable ranger hardcore by simple line in registry.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/embarrassing-metro-last-lights-ranger-difficulty-can-be-easily-activated-via-a-registry-tweak/

So does it work or not?

Regardless it's sad and embarrassing for a "small" to be involved in something like this. It goes to show DLC does not add content, it takes it away.

DO NOT SUPPORT SEASON PASSES!

I saved this info, but what's the likelihood that when/if I buy the game (when it'll be 90% off), it's going to be the same. My guess is that they'll change something to justify the DLC.

Sirnaq said:
This shit is embarrassing. This situation with dlc shouldn't ever happened.
There, you can enable ranger hardcore by simple line in registry.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/embarrassing-metro-last-lights-ranger-difficulty-can-be-easily-activated-via-a-registry-tweak/

maybe the devs meant to do this just to fuck with their asshole publishers.

It's not the fault of the developer, but the publisher's... why blaming the small team at 4A Games, when they have nothing to do with the decision of the publisher

Mataresa said:

It's the Golden Rule in action: He who has the gold makes the rules.

Publishers have enormous leverage over independent game developers, because the publisher's advances are paying for development. If the publisher tells you the game will be merchandised this way, they are not inviting you to argue with them over it. You have the alternatives of acquiescing vs. not paying your engineers and artists.

there's a bunch of things cut from last light that they are now going to sell as more dlcs:

http://www.onlysp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Metro-Last-Light-Preacher-Trailer.jpg

http://cdn2.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/43160/ss_5bf7cd484d9d13e8432524847e2419e5b210ee31.1920x1080.jpg?t=1369330954

http://blog.frontburnr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/metro_last_light.jpg

sad thing is, they know people are so inured to this type of practice they don't even attempt to hide it.

now you know how they released the game so fast. 40% of content withheld.

apparently they're going to sell the mod tools as a dlc as well. i've heard people proposing this in the past, of selling mod tools, i just didn't know that publishers were reading those and actually giving them serious consideration.

truly puts things into perspective.

Wait till it's 90% on sale or get the GOTY edition in 2-3 years if you want it that bad, but if you really dislike it, don't get it at all.

You monetary vote won't make a difference, but at least you won't waste your money on something you dislike. I mean, video games are entertainment. If it gets to point where your entertainment pisses you off, stop wasting your money on it. There are other games and other sources of entertainment, whatever.

Also, I could go on about gamer idealism and how it enables developers to do shitty things, but I just want to watch TV now

Probably most of you already seen this video, but I post it just in case. I have a feeling, that I will play 2033 when it is come out, because I never played that one, mostly because I read the book. But this looks just amazing. To be honest, I want a more open-worldish Metro, I would love sneaking around Moscow at night in the surface.

Probably most of you already seen this video, but I post it just in case. I have a feeling, that I will play 2033 when it is come out, because I never played that one, mostly because I read the book. But this looks just amazing. To be honest, I want a more open-worldish Metro, I would love sneaking around Moscow at night in the surface.

Yeah going up to the surface are some of the best bits of the Metro games. Who would have thought that Nuclear devastation would look so beautiful? Not me that's for sure!:lol:

Yeah going up to the surface are some of the best bits of the Metro games. Who would have thought that Nuclear devastation would look so beautiful? Not me that's for sure!:lol:

Here is the thing. Not just beautyfull, but also as hostile :D. Not to mention the feel of emptyness, despair and loneliness. I praying for a open world Metro, Artyom's story is ended, so pretty much they can do that, and in story missions can be as good as it was in the previous games, but we would have a big world to explore. To be honest, this is my favourite post-apocalyptic world. I don't really like the Fallout's vision.

I just woundering that I will able to activate the retail version of the Redux, even if I own the original ones. I guess it will work like the Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut.

How is Metro Last Light Redux different from the current Metro Last Light? I understand 2033 Redux uses LL's engine. So apart from DLC and the infamous ranger mode, what makes Last Light redux worth re-buying? Also, WTF with Redux being available only for Windows? Meh. Seems like a money grab to me.

But game wise, both Metros are excellent and easily among my favorite shooters. I don't even like shooters all that much, and I loved the Metro series. The world is very exciting, specially in a feral/primal kind of way. Fallout is a much better post apocalyptic world in terms of a social and cultural reboot. It is interesting to see the old forms of human organization resurfacing in the face of survival but with the goals of complex social dynamics. The world we see in Fallout 1 and 2 is really very interesting, so I hope noone will judge Fallout by the third entry. Metro's world is very reduced, since the surface is uninhabitable. In any case, both are very interesting.

Keep an eye out for Wasteland 2 if any of you like traditional computer RPG's.

Top Bottom