Monsters in The Witcher 3

+
It's embarrassing not to know that ghouls don't come out in the daytime.
As didymos1120 pointed out they don't appear only at night. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time CDPR change up the lore to fit their needs (this is what happened in the Vizima cemetery in TW1 I believe).

Attachments

• 2014-08-14_021814.jpg
    2014-08-14_021814.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 2014-08-14_021749.jpg
    2014-08-14_021749.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 233
  • The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt-Witch.jpg
    The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt-Witch.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 196
What monsters do you want to make an appearance in WT3?

Well i expect to see Geralt fighting a Chimera or an hydra, it will be very cool.
:cheers:

I'm from Transylvania so I will have to say Strigoii (Vampires).Normally I would stray away from such a wish/request but since I know Mr.Sapkowski (and by extension CDPR) always portrayed them without shitting on thousands of years of myths like Hollywood does (by turning them into horny-teenage-blood-sucking disco balls with weaknesess to everything except make-up) I'm looking forward to seeing some in TW3.

Edit:Regis from the books is the most accurate portrayal of a vampire I've seen in popular media.The only thing that differs from the actual myths is that Sapkowski's vampires are not harmed or warded off by onions and/or garlic.I can live with that...but with blood sucking disco balls I obviouslly can't....

Last edited:
I'm from Transylvania so I will have to say Strigoii (Vampires).Normally I would stray away from such a wish/request but since I know Mr.Sapkowski (and by extension CDPR) always portrayed them without shitting on thousands of years of myths like Hollywood does (by turning them into horny-teenage-blood-sucking disco balls with weaknesess to everything except make-up) I'm looking forward to seeing some in TW3.

Edit:Regis from the books is the most accurate portrayal of a vampire I've seen in popular media.The only thing that differs from the actual myths is that Sapkowski's vampires are not harmed or warded off by onions and/or garlic.I can live with that...but with blood sucking disco balls I obviouslly can't....

I'm hoping theres some serious alternate version of werewolves aside from the foddery normal ones, perhaps a special one tied to an awesome quest.

Also dude, if this wasn't in anyones mind already, you can sure as heck bet that blood sucking disco balls are now a guaranteed mod.

bumping into something like this while looking for a place to rest on a snowy mountain could be pretty awesome
also I love to see more territorial war between monsters (Vyppers vs kikimores, etc), this could be a fantastic gameplay element
^I'm almost certain we'll be meeting our pretty little friend you just posted in TW3 since he fits with the fauna we've already see in the game perfectly.Intereactions between monsters would also be cool but I think that would be asking for too much.

I'm hoping theres some serious alternate version of werewolves aside from the foddery normal ones, perhaps a special one tied to an awesome quest.
Anything with werevolves and vampires that doesn't involve a romance triangle between a pair of pants,a discoball and a bag of fleas is fine by me :)

Also dude, if this wasn't in anyones mind already, you can sure as heck bet that blood sucking disco balls are now a guaranteed mod.
I hope not :)) The modders can use their time doing better stuff then this silly thing.Like a full nude mod for the three hags or a backwards running Roach.

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that the design of the witches has been changed?

View attachment 5266 View attachment 5267 View attachment 5268

I hope that fat nasty ladies tits were covered just for the public demo.
I know its gross, but they should still keep her topless in the final build of the game.
Same goes for some of the brothel women, even full nudity would be nice.
Hell even TW2 had full nudity cutscenes here in 'Murica!!
I'm just saying, I don't want to see CDPR Team covering up T&A just because a handful of fans might opose it.
I want CDPR to keep All Full & Half Nudity in this game for us adults who enjoy it, and maybe just add a No Nudity option just like the No Gore option in some games.
I mean if I was making the game I would not even give players the option to turn off nudity, because I knew before I bought this game that it would have nudity in it.
I don't play TW games for nudity alone, but I think it's cool that a video game this good looking and fun has adult nudity in it.
New players really need to know before buying this game, that they are in for one hell of a ride.
The good, the bad, the ugly and beautiful. Just Read the rating on the back, buy it and enjoy it or just walk away and kick yourself later for not buying it.
lol..

Vampires are lethally affected by silver. They are also sensitive to fire, sunlight, garlic & onions, and can be reliably detected by walking a black horse around their lair ~ it will without fail stop next to the hiding place. They are also burned by the tears of virgins.

Hmm... maybe not.

I would assume so, yes. Depends on how they're shown I guess. If it's something like the vampires you'd run into in crypts and the like in TW1 then they probably counted those as monsters. If they're the stay in touch with your humanity types (like the Toreador Kindred from Vampire - The Masquerade) they might be considered humanoid NPCs.

I would assume so, yes. Depends on how they're shown I guess. If it's something like the vampires you'd run into in crypts and the like in TW1 then they probably counted those as monsters. If they're the stay in touch with your humanity types (like the Toreador Kindred from Vampire - The Masquerade) they might be considered humanoid NPCs.
Well let's not forget that The Witcher splits all Vampires into two categories:High and Lower Vampires.High Vampires can shape shift at will in order to integrate better with their prey so we'll see them most likely both as NPCs and regular mobs (like the House of the Queen of the Night in TW1):

The Lower Vampires like the Fleder inhabit graveyards and caves and since they're not as intelligent as their higher cousins and can't shape shift our interactions with them will probably be limited to chopping their head off.Still,as I've said in my previous post I really enjoy how Mr.Sapkowski and CDPR have portrayed them so I will like to see more Vampires in TW3.

Going back to what Gwyn said about wanting to see more types of Werewolves in The Witcher,personally,I don't think that we'll get that in TW3.As opposed to Vampires,which ar portrayed in various ways throughout Eastern and Central Europe,Werewolves have a pretty consistent image in all of the different cultures that mention them in their myths and since CDPR always stay true to the source material I don't think we'll be seeing different variations of werewolves.Other WERE folk on the other hand...

...maybe.I haven't been around the forum that much lately so forgive me if this creature has been discused already and has been categorised as something different but to me it looks like a Werebear (which would be an AWESOME addition to the series IMO ).I would be very happy if CDPR adds some more werecreatures to their mangnificent stew and if they make some of them female because there has been a very distinct lack of female werefolk in the media.Teaming up with a dragon lady (*wink* *wink*) and a werebear las to take on some giant mythical creature would be simply great!

Sidenote:
-The Transylvanian/Romanian word for Werewolf is "Vârcolac",in Bulgarian it's "Vǎrkolak",in Lithuanian "Vilkolakis" and in serbian "Vukodlak".The greeks have "Vrykolakas" but oddly enough it doesn't mean Werewolf,it means Vampire
:)

Giant monster in the swamp

In the 35m demo, around the 14m39s mark(after Geralt has returned Johnny's voice and he is returning to the sisters) you can see a big creature traveling around the swamp in the background.

Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder what it is...

I wonder if Geralt will be able to mount monsters like in the CE edition trailer (when he jumps on the Griffon)
During cinamatics involving fights with said creatures, maybe... wouldn't be the first time it happened in the series. Actually riding them like a mount no, you can only use horses for that.

Top Bottom