Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
Dona said:
Here's your Revengeance PC confirmation!

https://twitter.com/...330774741757952
Hmh, that is some information that i might be interested in. If it is half decent port with tight m&k controls then might consider buying it.

Sirnaq said:
Hmh, that is some information that i might be interested in. If it is half decent port with tight m&k controls then might consider buying it.
Port might be good but I doubt hack and slash game can have decent m&k controls. The whole genre almost entirely belongs to a console so controller will always be superior. At least I haven't heard of any hack and slash with great m&k controls.

MGSV is being considered, and Revengeance's sale/success on PC will have a big role influence on it quite obviously. And yeah, I'm going to pre-order the moment it comes up on steam waiting for it eagerly :D

Aver

Forum veteran
Dona said:
Here's your Revengeance PC confirmation!

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/385330774741757952

It was actually officially announced a few months ago: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/07/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-coming-to-pc

Agbeth said:
Port might be good but I doubt hack and slash game can have decent m&k controls. The whole genre almost entirely belongs to a console so controller will always be superior. At least I haven't heard of any hack and slash with great m&k controls.

That depends on quality of the port. :rolleyes:/>

Ok, so I've gotten over my initial shock regarding Mr. Hayter not returning to reprise the role of BB. Also, I have heard Kiefer speak now and he did a pretty good job. I need to hear more to give a fair judgement, so far I do like him but he's not a trained voice actor and it shows. Downes completely demolished him in the English version of the 2012 E3 demo so ugh. I don't know.

In any case. My issue now with MGS5 is the game design. From what I've heard so far, I'm worried as hell. From the start, I was thinking "what? Open world? Kojima? He barely knows what he's doing with linear levels, the fuck does he know about open world design?" I'm not seeing any indication that a "threat meter" is implemented nor do I see any limitation to the enemies range of sight. It seems that the player will be spotted constantly, which will lead to frustration.

Stealth games are one of my favourite gaming genres. It is also one of the easiest genres to fuck up. How do you balance the game where you keep the tension high but at the same time encourage exploration? How do you punish the player in case he gets spotted and how easy/hard is it to avoid getting detected? A lot of questions need to be answered in order to maintain flow for the player and not piss him off completely by having a enemy behind you spot you from 50 kilometers away. THAT'S not fun. And from what I've read so far, Kojima doesn't seem to get it.

He wanted to remove the detected exclamation mark. Why? Is he retarded? Doesn't he get that's great game design? You're providing feedback to the player regarding the state of the world. When something changes, the player should be notified. This is basic fucking shit. Some other member in the studio talked him out of that moronic idea and I thank that anonymous game designer for that. Kojima seems to be more interested of having a "derp realistic and immersive world derpy derp" rather than designing a good game and using interactivity to tell a story. That's the reason I'm not very excited for MGS5.

Hopefully it ends up being good because I love me some stealth games. But Kojima. Ugh. Completely incompetent. Although he brings his own little qwirk and ideas to the medium and I'm thankful for that, I wish he'd just fuck off and start directing anime. Considering that he loves movies more than he loves games, I think that would be the best outcome for all parties, the consumers and him. But oh well. There I go off on my dreamy little tangents again.

Whatever happens, happens I guess. But Kojima is a shit designer. And it's a shame that so much money will be wasted on a meh game...

FoggyFishburne said:
Ok, so I've gotten over my initial shock regarding Mr. Hayter not returning to reprise the role of BB. Also, I have heard Kiefer speak now and he did a pretty good job. I need to hear more to give a fair judgement, so far I do like him but he's not a trained voice actor and it shows. Downes completely demolished him in the English version of the 2012 E3 demo so ugh. I don't know.

In any case. My issue now with MGS5 is the game design. From what I've heard so far, I'm worried as hell. From the start, I was thinking "what? Open world? Kojima? He barely knows what he's doing with linear levels, the fuck does he know about open world design?" I'm not seeing any indication that a "threat meter" is implemented nor do I see any limitation to the enemies range of sight. It seems that the player will be spotted constantly, which will lead to frustration.

Stealth games are one of my favourite gaming genres. It is also one of the easiest genres to fuck up. How do you balance the game where you keep the tension high but at the same time encourage exploration? How do you punish the player in case he gets spotted and how easy/hard is it to avoid getting detected? A lot of questions need to be answered in order to maintain flow for the player and not piss him off completely by having a enemy behind you spot you from 50 kilometers away. THAT'S not fun. And from what I've read so far, Kojima doesn't seem to get it.

He wanted to remove the detected exclamation mark. Why? Is he retarded? Doesn't he get that's great game design? You're providing feedback to the player regarding the state of the world. When something changes, the player should be notified. This is basic fucking shit. Some other member in the studio talked him out of that moronic idea and I thank that anonymous game designer for that. Kojima seems to be more interested of having a "derp realistic and immersive world derpy derp" rather than designing a good game and using interactivity to tell a story. That's the reason I'm not very excited for MGS5.

Hopefully it ends up being good because I love me some stealth games. But Kojima. Ugh. Completely incompetent. Although he brings his own little qwirk and ideas to the medium and I'm thankful for that, I wish he'd just fuck off and start directing anime. Considering that he loves movies more than he loves games, I think that would be the best outcome for all parties, the consumers and him. But oh well. There I go off on my dreamy little tangents again.

Whatever happens, happens I guess. But Kojima is a shit designer. And it's a shame that so much money will be wasted on a meh game...

First of all MGS isn't really a pure stealth game it's more like half of one, viewing MGS as a stealth game will just make you mad. I don't know what your problem is with Kojima, maybe he makes his game too easy?

Also I think the ! thing should be optional. It sounds like you're saying the gamers are too stupid to know the guards state without it, It's like saying "We can't have real facial expressions gesture in our movies because the audience won't get it" besides there's a system to replace it.

Kojima doesn't have much experience with open world that's true but a fresh perspective on open world design is might yield something we've never seen before, they wouldn't throw a bunch of money for nothing.

For those of you not in the know, Ground Zeroes will be released in spring 2014 and will cost around 30 euro.

So. How does this make you feel. It's an interesting decision. You'd think that Kojima would want to make sure that everyone that plays the Phantom Pain, has played Ground Zeroes in order to ensure that the player is up to snuff about what's going on in the story. Is he being greedy, or is he just clever, satiating gamers' need for some stealth action by providing a smaller game at a lower cost while people wait for the big guns to arrive?

I might pick it up myself if it ends up being good but honestly, every interview with Kojima just reaffirms what I already think: That he should quit the games industry because he has zero fucking respect for game design. He's more fixated and worried about the game not looking photorealistic rather than making sure the game is as fun to play as possible. Pathetic. So I think I'll skip this one. I'm curious to what other people think though.

I think you should ignore Kojima's tweets and interviews because he seems to get hung up on small things and completely ignore everything else, while it doesn't mean he is actually ignoring it in his day-to-day work. He talks about things that fascinate him (the ability of modern games to reproduce almost absolute photo-realism, this time, I guess) but imo the actual games come out so much stronger. I could write you paragraphs of why I think it should have ended at MGS2, why MGS3 isn't as amazing as players make it out to be (in spite of enjoying it a lot, myself!), and why MGS4 is both the best and the worst game ever made... but it's not worth the time. Foggy, let's wait this one out and judge the game for what it is, not whatever Kojima spouts out in interviews. Melitele knows he's said dumb, nonsensical things in the past, even though it amuses me his goal was to have Solid Snake's ass outshine Lara Croft's. He's a weird one. But his ways of thinking have provided a lot of really great gaming moments in the past, even when he doesn't realise it, which is why I just cannot let go. I'll judge MGS5 when I get to play it, pre-release speeches be damned.

Dona said:
I think you should ignore Kojima's tweets and interviews because he seems to get hung up on small things and completely ignore everything else, while it doesn't mean he is actually ignoring it in his day-to-day work. He talks about things that fascinate him (the ability of modern games to reproduce almost absolute photo-realism, this time, I guess) but imo the actual games come out so much stronger. I could write you paragraphs of why I think it should have ended at MGS2, why MGS3 isn't as amazing as players make it out to be (in spite of enjoying it a lot, myself!), and why MGS4 is both the best and the worst game ever made... but it's not worth the time. Foggy, let's wait this one out and judge the game for what it is, not whatever Kojima spouts out in interviews. Melitele knows he's said dumb, nonsensical things in the past, even though it amuses me his goal was to have Solid Snake's ass outshine Lara Croft's. He's a weird one. But his ways of thinking have provided a lot of really great gaming moments in the past, even when he doesn't realise it, which is why I just cannot let go. I'll judge MGS5 when I get to play it, pre-release speeches be damned.
That's fair.

Still wary as fuck though. And yeah I agree, MGS2 is pretty damn awesome. Definitely a masterpiece. Well ok, no. I wouldn't go that far. Game design-wise, as I've said, it's lacking. Kojima doesn't seem to have much fucking patience or will to utilize his medium and tell stories interactively. Fuck it.

It's going to be intersting, seeing what MGS5 has to offer. The Redband trailer is one of the best trailers I've ever seen in my life and I'm actually rather excited about Sutherland playing Snake. But I'll cautious as shit. As I get older, my tolerance for people completely missing the point with video games as a creative storytelling medium is diminishing by day. So, yeah.

PS. Snake's butt is fucking phenomenal!

guipit said:

DAT CHARACTER DESIGN

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=9346
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/6/4700424/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-eyes-on-snake-has-changed

It seems like all the really good games are coming out next year, nothing but Watch Dogs this year unless I'm missing something.

i already had a welcome erection from looking at that so i can't say that i'm immune to it, but i just find it pathetic how unimaginative that outfit is. why not something like a modified burkha? right now it looks like some hooker outfit she bought from some sex shop. did she mail order it from america? where does she find that crap in afghanistan? it doesn't fit her character background or the environment at all.

I was about to post the same, finally a MGS game (we did get Revengeance too) on PC after so long. I hope they at least release HD remakes of the first two as well.
This is not so surprising though, Kojima always expressed interest on PC. Did it with MGR and now finally this. Along with the TW3 and Arkham Knight, next year is gonna be a treat (I'm presuming CP77 is gonna be pushed to '16)

Top Bottom