NEW 6 minutes gameplay "teaser"

+
All nitpicks aside, my biggest issue here is that the footage is in shit quality again. Can we get one gameplay clip that's not compressed beyond recognition and at what appears to be about 15 FPS? It would be nice if we could actually, you know, see something.

That said, it still succeeded in making me excited for the game.

Well, the trailer reveals one thing for sure. TW3 definetly, looks like graphicaly upgraded TW2.
Movements/animations of characters looks like refined Tw2, there seem to be the same 'feeling' about them, how they interact with environment (climbing, running, fight), talk.
Envionment seem to have been improved on massively in comparison to Tw2(yeah I know, the quality of videos is poor, but still improvment is clearly visable).
Cutscenes are just upgraded version of tw2`s. They seem really nice though, nicely scripted, believeably played out by the charaters, textures (faces, clothing) were not as impressive as those in previous trailer.
I like the campfire thing, its climatic. Combat seem nice and a lot smother than in Tw2, though it still seems to retain a bit of clunkiness from tw2.
All in all, my feeling about the trailer are positive.

Yea, It looks like the sheep moved away but the geese didn't, so I guess they have something like this implemented, but it just didn't properly work at the time.

Also the grave hag got decapitated but her head was still in place and another head flew away, this is probably because she was on fire at the same time.

I think the Grave Hags have skeletons on their back and thats "his" skull flying away.

The water effects should splash more when the water hag comes up out of the swamp water. There that is my nitpick:)

I think the Grave Hags have skeletons on their back and thats "his" skull flying away.

The "head" did fly away. What remained was the burning effect from the hairs on the "phantom" head. I watched it on the high resolution video, and its just a minor graphical defect. The only thing I am concerned about from watching the video is the micro stuttering at the beginning as that was an issue in witcher 2 that was never fully addressed even in later patches.

No watch it carefully, the hag's hair sets on fire before she gets decapitated and the fire effect remains on her so she just has burning hair without a head.

This constant complaining about the quality of the footage is getting annoying. Why are people so obsessed with the graphics? You know they're going to be top notch so why do you even care. Besides its not the graphics that make a game.

This constant complaining about the quality of the footage is getting annoying. Why are people so obsessed with the graphics? You know they're going to be top notch so why do you even care. Besides its not the graphics that make a game.

Couldn't agree with you more. Performance trumps graphics every day of week. Consistent 30, or 60 FPS with no micro stuttering, or screen tearing is a must.

Hey can anyone tell me if you had some problems with the uncompressed video?

I downloaded one from the link in the youtube description, it starts with the ESRB thing, then another one from a link a user posted in the thread for downloading videos, which starts with 18 pegi, they seem to be the same thing, same codecs and all.

When i watch it with PotPlayer the video runs normal but the audio rapidly starts loosing synchronization with the footage and its way earlier than whats going on in the screen, its "fixed" if I jump to another part of the video but it quickly starts doing the same.

Then with Jet audio, the audio stays synchronized, but I can tell the whole video is catching up every second, thus making it very choppy, its like it runs normal 1 second then the next it runs much faster to compensate and then normal again and so on.

I never had issues like this with any video with neither of the two players, and I have watched things done with the same codecs of TW3 video I believe, anyone else like me?

Hey can anyone tell me if you had some problems with the uncompressed video?

I downloaded one from the link in the youtube description, it starts with the ESRB thing, then another one from a link a user posted in the thread for downloading videos, which starts with 18 pegi, they seem to be the same thing, same codecs and all.

When i watch it with PotPlayer the video runs normal but the audio rapidly starts loosing synchronization with the footage and its way earlier than whats going on in the screen, its "fixed" if I jump to another part of the video but it quickly starts doing the same.

Then with Jet audio, the audio stays synchronized, but I can tell the whole video is catching up every second, thus making it very choppy, its like it runs normal 1 second then the next it runs much faster to compensate and then normal again and so on.

I never had issues like this with any video with neither of the two players, and I have watched things done with the same codecs of TW3 video I believe, anyone else like me?

The video plays at the proper resolution, and sound in the VLC media player. However I swear the micro stuttering comes, and goes. Also after rewatching the other witcher 3 videos I didn't notice any micro stuttering, so I think there is definitely something wrong with this video file. I am really looking forward to the IGN release tomorrow, so I can finally get a decent cut of gameplay in a non messed up state.

Apparently it works well enough with media player classic, which I didnt even remember I had it.

Never had a video issue in like 3 years, guess there's always a new one :p
@crimzonwarrior
its possible that the microstuttering might be your player catching up like jet audio did for me but in a more tolerable or subtle way, but I dont know what to tell you.

I dont want to make it sound like a simple and common problem to reproduce a video is strange, but since usually I dont have any problems, and suddenly this one gives me trouble with the two I've used fine since I have memory, it is rather weird.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 2014-08-14_024718.jpg
    2014-08-14_024718.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 2014-08-13_192438.jpg
    2014-08-13_192438.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 2014-08-14_025107.png
    2014-08-14_025107.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 2014-08-14_031439.jpg
    2014-08-14_031439.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Even tho the framerate and some of the textures of the gameplay are reaally bad... Im still hyped. Can't wait to play it on a PC with sick graphics and fluid framerate.

Witness the "power" of a "next-gen" consoles... Terrible framerate and shuttering plus some ugly up-close textures (at 0:37)...

And the video itself was pretty meh to me, I expected a lot more fluid combat and to see some of the major animations being fixed.. Nope. The only thing that I liked was some epic combat music. And the voice acting - probably one of the worst that I have heard. WHAT THE F happened, CDPR?

Why you can't for once show a decent gameplay video where the game is being played on a PC, with fluid framerate and beautiful visuals?? Im tired of this XBOX ONE marketing bullsh*t.

Well if your so unhappy with CDPR there's always Bioware & Bethesda for your RPG needs.

Top Bottom