Problems Installing . . . .

+
Problems Installing . . . .

Okay, maybe you folks can help me. I'm no computer braniac and I've been officially stumped. Here's the problem: I installed the Witcher 2. When I click on the icon it says 'you do not have Administrator Priviliges.' Okay, sure, I right click and try to run as an administrator. It asks for the CD key. I provide it (I have the retail version). It starts downloading a 9000 mb patch. Then it downloads it again. And again. Ad nauseum. It never stops. What should I do? I downloaded the 1.5 patch from the website, but it doesn't want to automatically install when I click on it and I don't knew what file specifically to patch. I tried downloading the updated TAG drivers (as someone suggested) but this did nothing. Oh, I have a 32 bit Windows 7.

I pine for the days of Might and Magic and Ultima when I could simply buy a product and have it work out of the box. Sigh.

Which game do you try to install? I see you are posting in the TW2 Tech Support, but you are also talking of a patch 1.5 and Tages drivers. TW2's latest patch is 1.3 and it has never used Tages. The retail version used SecuROM, but that gets stripped with the 1.1 patch. And a 9000 MB patch? I think you only get things like that on steam. ;)
So, we should first know, if you mean the original Witcher or TW2.

Edit: okay, I see, TW2. But then please don't apply TW1 patches and DRM.

Download the patch 1.3 for your version from here.
Uninstall and reinstall the game, but with disconnected internet and disabled antivirus.
Apply patch and maybe you have to run it as admin for the first time, I'm not sure because I have a different version.
Try not to use the launcher other than to set your graphic options, if it still tries to download a patch.

Im having the same problem it is a 9052 kb download that just keeps looping. Right before it starts again it says "verifying patcher_atari.exe_. It has been doing this over and over again for the past week... Please help.

Top Bottom