Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Exactly, as long as it's just exclusive physical goods I couldn't care less (the cloth map would have been nice to have with the PC or PS4 versions of the CE as well though).

Last edited:
You do realize Microsoft didn't write this, CD did. So if CD says it's exclusive then i most likely true.

It's likely it was some part of their deal with MS, so it's probably not something CDPR wanted. It might have been a compromise.

And before we go to the shitstorm, you have the right to feel bad - I feel bad with my-not-so-full PC Collector's - but remember you knew what your CE consists of and you bought it. So it's not like you get less, than what they promised.

I hope CDPR solves this a different way though, since it really is a change to their "Treat all platforms equally" policy.

That is not an ingame content.

They always talk about making the same effort for every platform though, saying this does not apply to that is making use of a loophole more than anything. Not to mention that I regret paying so much for a collectors edition on pc now when it is not the true edition out there.

I remember the CDPR's words of paying respect to their fans.It's obvious now that they just wan't to receive more money from sales of the witcher 3.What will be next?Maybe an exclusive DLC for Xbox One?And please,don't forget to thank microsoft for the beautiful responsibility of releasing this dlc on xbox one.

This news is just sad...

I'm used to it from other publishers but im really disappointed in CDPR doing the same now.

I know it's just physical content. But i'm buying the game twice. On PC from gog.com and the collectors edition for PS4... and i still don't get everything? It's a bummer...

Last edited:
They always talk about making the same effort for every platform though, saying this does not apply to that is making use of a loophole more than anything. Not to mention that I regret paying so much for a collectors edition on pc now when it is not the true edition out there.

To be fair they said everyone would have the same experience, I don't think adding some cards will make Xbox owners have a better experience with the game then others.

The Xbox One CE is the better product now though, I assume that it will have the same price as the other editions while containing more content.
Yeah this is the dodgy part, we are paying the same price for less value.

As much as I'm disappointed about the Xbone CE exclusivity of the physical cards (this is a bad decision, I hope that CDPR reconsiders this), still let's not forget about the second part of the announcement: Gwent in-game! It will be present on all platforms, and it's a truly great piece of news. If they do it right, it might become the best mini-game in videogames ever.

errm. what?
very out of character CDPR.
i don't care all that much about the cards and map. i would like to get them but i'm after the game first and foremost.
what bothers me is that this is a direct contradiction of what has been said in the past about this game being equal for all users. you made a big thing out of it. i owe my mate £10 now because he said you would sell out and i said you wouldn't. cheers lads.
i just hope you don't fall further down the exclusivity slope. the reason you have an enormous fan base is because you are the good guys of gaming right now. don't fuck it up!

Well, yay for more mini games in the game, these are awesome, that said, I'm sad to see that as a PC player who pre-ordered the CE for PC, ill get the inferior version of the box...

Not cool.

The cloth map is exclusive to the Xbox One CE?

Great way to treat your original fanbase, CDPR.

I admit I feel disappointed, and even cheated to some degree. I went for the PC version of the CE with the understanding that all platforms will get the exact same contents, with occasional retailer-made additions. Now the contents of one edition has been enhanced. Had I known from the start that various editions might be enhanced with additional content, I would go with a different edition, since I had already preordered my PC version on GOG and had no need for a second PC version. I'd have no issue if it was Microsoft that made the additions, wanting to promote their platform, but since it's CDPR, it looks as if they treated one group of customers better than the other two. Very disappointing.

Top Bottom