Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+

I'm not a fan of it either, but come on people, CDPR made those statements about the game itself and DLC. Nowhere was a physical good content change mentioned. It's merely taking words and twisting them. Let's wait to hear what they have to say before you guys break out the pitchforks and nooses.

Unless the CE for PC/PS4 gets lowered in price what can they say? All being at the same price means that the Xbox One gets the superior product and that is a cold shower to those spending a fair amount of money on any of the other versions.

I feel there would be less outrage if it was on another system instead of Xbox.

I don't really care that the Xbox version have more, I would feel myself little bit disappointed if they do it with the PS4 version, because I supporing the CDPR since the first game.

I would love to see the card game be released on it's own, I mean it would be awesome if Geralt can 'collect' these cards himself in the game to play the mini game but to have them physically with the game would be awesome. Just some more art of the witcher universe to drool at :p

*btw what was the card game the dwarves played when Geralt was traveling south with his companions? in the books I mean. (Nvm I found it, it's called Screwed (atleast from the fan translations.)

Last edited:
This is really nasty. I never thought I would see CD Projekt do something like this.

I have both GOG version and CE version preordered, both on PC. I am the ultimate superfan. This feels like a slap in the face. Really shitty feeling.
CDP, I thought you were better than this.

As long as there is no difference in game content, I don't care.

Edit: I just saw the official news, and I hadn't realized that the content was IN GAME. It's just a mini-game, but CDPR said they wouldn't do this kind of shit. So meh. Not really happy about it.

Edit 2: Wait, it read it wrongly, it is in every version of the game. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Only a matter of time. Microsoft seems to like buying off publishers and developers. CDPR has always said there will be no special treatment for any platform and now the Xbox One gets exclusive physical content. Trust is earned and can be lost just as quick :)

Go look at what you get in the Gog edition of the game vs what the PS4 and Xbox digital versions have. There is already "special treatment" with respect to non-game content.

I'm very disappointed about this. I've been with this series since the beginning, buying the Collector's Edition of the first game upon release. I was very glad CDPR became successful and was very happy with the Witcher 2 as well, gladly buying it when it was released.

Living in Australia, the Collector's Edition of Witcher 3 cost a damn lot, but I was happy to pay since all the goodies seemed great and CDPR have really cultivated a great image and seem to be very fair and fan-friendly devs.

I feel pretty cheated hearing that Xbox One users will be getting more goodies. We've all paid the same price for the Collector's Edition (I've paid even more since I used AUD, but that's my living situation rather than any fault of CDPR's). Feel's like a very corporate move to give Xbox One users more items - very unlike the great PR image CDPR has made for themselves in recent years. Very disappointed about this.

Obviously it's just a video game, but it is real money being spent on it, and when certain platforms are getting exclusive content (I could swear I've heard CDPR swear they'd never do exclusive stuff like this - perhaps the loophole was that they only said that for digital content, not physical goodies), it really does feel like a bit of a "betrayal", so to speak.

If there's a collector's edition of Cyberpunk 2077, I probably won't pick it up now. Not worth dropping so much money on fancy editions when they don't even come with all the goodies.

To include arguable coolest part of CE only in Xbone version, when I have preordered PC CE and GOG versions, is a slap in the face. CDP, I know you can admit mistakes and reverse them. You did it in the past. This is one of those moments. Don't make enemies of your fans.

I don't really care that the Xbox version have more, I would feel myself little bit disappointed if they do it with the PS4 version, because I supporing the CDPR since the first game.

No I understand, I'm just saying it's more outrage now since the Xbox is in the minority.

CD Projekt Red is quickly becoming another shitty EA-clone. I hope they choke on that extra cash that Microsoft gave them, because that's some A grade bullshit.

Uh, no? I'm disappointed too but they are far away from that level.

I feel there would be less outrage if it was on another system instead of Xbox.

I dunno' the way they've gone on about equality between all platforms. If they brought this just to PS4/PC which I play on I would still not be happy about it.

They've done things that have shaken others faith like the MOBA and saying the game will look the same across all platforms, but this is the first time I'm questioning them. This is a bad precedent.

Microsoft paid for the exclusive physical decks. And since it's already in-the game for all platform, it's fine by me.

Surprised and disappointed by this. I forked out a lot of money (Australian here so it really was quite a lot) for the Collector's Edition on PC, partially because it looked great and partially because CDPR seem to be a great company and worthy of support, but I feel like their cultivated "for the fans" and "PC friendly" image isn't really in line with this recent announcement. Obviously it's just a video game, but it is real money being spent on it, and when certain platforms are getting exclusive content (I could swear I've heard CDPR swear they'd never do exclusive stuff like this - perhaps the loophole was that they only said that for digital content, not physical goodies), it really does feel like a bit of a "betrayal", so to speak.

I've been with this franchise since day 1, buying the Collector's Edition of the Witcher (1) on release, which was exclusive to the PC. Just makes me feel kind of a sucker when many years later, after CDPR have deservedly gained great success, that Xbox One users are getting more stuff than PC users and early adopters.

If there's a collector's edition of Cyberpunk 2077, I probably won't pick it up now. Not worth dropping so much money on fancy editions when they don't even come with all the goodies.

(I've posted comments to this same effect on another thread on these forums, and on reddit's Witcher board as well)

Not even EA do this anymore, and i doubt this platform exclusivity stuff will end here either. And if i'm reading that correctly, the cloth map is going to be exclusive to Xbone. It was for all CE, you can't just remove it, unless you're just adding an additional map, in which case, why? Is the normal map we get not cloth and the cloth one is exclusive to Xbone?

Last edited:
This is absolutely ridiculous. You expect two platforms to pay the same price for less physical value? Honestly, I would have rather they got a DLC mission instead. Not cool, CDPR. I'll be cancelling my CE preorder.

Top Bottom