Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
I really hope this doesn't mean that CDProjektRed is treating the least powerful and least popular platform better than the other two.

If there was a sure way of throwing away the reputation you have build on the internet over the years, this comes pretty close to it.

Indeed, I really don't understand how can they be so stupid and risk reputation like this just for some money. God dammit.

I think it would have been better if this was known beforehand, and that it wasn't added it in the CE later. But still guys, it's just a physical card game. Please stop with all the paranoia posts and act like CDPR secretly slept with your lovebird. The game should be the priority here, not the bonus content around it. Of course it's about money, but CDPR isn't the prophet Lebioda. They have to make money, they are a business company.

Players pay the same ammount of money for ps 4 version but they will receive less.Does someone think that this is good?

I really hope this doesn't mean that CDProjektRed is treating the least powerful and least popular platform better than the other two.
Why would it? WHY WOULD IT? They just made a deal with Microsoft to make the CE more attractive for Xbox One users. That's it! Why would they suddenly screw up their other two platforms?!

Since one of the posts lost in merging was mine, to quickly sum it up: What I feel is the worst in the whole situation is the fact that I have been denied the opportunity to make an informed decision. Since up until now all the versions of the CE were explicitly described as equal contents-wise, I made the preorder with the understanding that the contents presented were final and that I will be getting the exact same product as any other CE, only for my chosen platform - even though in my case the platform was irrelevant, since I had also already preordered PC version on GOG, the version I intend to play. As it turns out, it was not the case. I find it unfair.

Because they promised don't make any exclusive content on other platforms and i guess that they won't make a discount for pc and ps 4 collection editions.

From neogaf

Yeah as i said ...dont dare you CDPR give toys for console players... only PC players deserve them...

SIGH... i want to swear so much now on some people...

Well, the CE is sold out in most places, the GOG deal was clear from the start, many people bought the CE expecting all versions to be the same, because they were, I don't think this is very relevant to bring the standard edition when the main focus of the discussion is on the CE and the fact that, until now, they were identical.

But i agree with you when you say that it's not that big of a deal, but it is still disappointing.

This is a really REALLY bad move, CDPR. Please do not do the same bullshit that other companies do because money. People looked up to you, I looked up to you and now this? Please, release the same content for everyone or I'm going to downgrade to a simple PC version and let all of my PC friends know about this idiotic marketing move by Microsoft.

Just because the Xbone is an utter failure of a platform doesn't mean that we all have to suffer for it. This was an incredibly bad decision CDPR, you lost your status among gamers, please do the right thing and restore it asap.

I probably have no right saying this (owning an Xbox and all) but at least you a getting a complete game. I can't name the number of games that decide they want to lock out content . For example Destiny is making me pay the same price for less of a game, and they also want me to pay another $35 for an even more incomplete season pass. At least we all get the same game, and enjoy the same content.

Let me help some people out:
-- Why do consoles cost more: For loyalties. Do some research.
-- Why are GOG/Steam CE different: It made sense, how else can you give a full digital purchase something cool. So in that sense it made sense and was fair, Noone complained
For those, that don't care about the cards etc, well that's just you. Most paid alot of money for those goodies.
The MAIN Problem is that one CE has more worth than the others. Many bought their version because of how quickly it went out of stock. So only the lucky people to have preordered for Xbone are treated to extra goodies for the same price.

Shame on you CDPR. Not buying this, ask Microsoft fanboys to buy more copies of thegame. What happened to the "We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms"?. Shame on you, sellouts.

compensate the changes? really? so you think its ok when CDPR says in many interviews: "no extras content for ANY platform"?
They meant probably the in-game content like extra quests, DLC, features... I also don't agree that it's completely OK and our negative feedback can give the developers something to think about, but we should not exaggerate too much about it, IMO.

Far worse and worrisome fore me is that CDPR will make just small thing like this and then its outrage and there are made mega/multi-page threads how BAD ARE CDPR...
And threads with gameplay/features get only couple pages. (neogaf as a example )

Other devs get away with worse things without outrage...

Its like getting mad cos neighbor kid got a bit bigger icecream...

Yes, my first post is hyperbole but when you yourself as a company try to represent an "ideal" or have a "philosophy" people will call you out on it.
Now, it was clear from the START of the announcements of the different versions of TW3 that there are differences for pc/gog/steam/xbox/ps4.
That was the deal CDPR gave us. People emptied their pockets and gave them their trust.

Now they are ALTERING the deal POST-announcement and POST-purchase making a bigger distinction between the different platforms in terms of physical addons. It leaves a very bad taste in your mouth and shows again that you should not ever prepurchase a game, a principle I adhere to ALL the time with the exception of the Witcher series.

This is for me the issue.
It is no way a reason to abandon ship and pick up the pitchforks or do petitions but the concerns and disappointment should still be voiced.

The game is 6 months from release. Im sure there will be more. What country are you in?
I'm from Poland, not that it's any relevant. It has been stated several times that the CEs are limited and that there won't be any more besides the initial quantity. So no, there won't be another occasion.

If its a matter of principal then where was/is your outrage for the GOG version? Not only is it cheaper but it comes with an absolute glut of special content that isn't available to any other digital version of the game. PS4/Xbox owners pay more and get nothing whatsoever.

I don't even think its a bad thing, I'm just using it to point out the fact that the idea of "parity" is obviously limited to the in-game experience.
There was no outrage for the GOG version from me, and that's because I could make a conscious, informed decision, knowing the details of each deal. I could see and compare the prices, the bonus contents, even the terms of sale, and then make my choice. It happens that's not the case in this instance here.

Top Bottom