Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+

Guest 2686910

Let's just relax for a moment and realize why everyone is complaining... about a cloth map and a card game.
The thing is that they're not complaining about stuff you mentioned per se. It's honestly just a symbol. CDPR up to this point have been creating themselves as Paragons of gaming, spitting on brand deals from afar. And now, the mask just came off. You work years for a reputation, but you can lose it in a matter of seconds. Now, I'm not saying they lost all of it. But the magic won't come back.

Guys...I dont' understand just one think. Why would Microsoft pay for these contents? I mean...Collector's Edtion is actually sold out pratically everywere.

Guys...I dont' understand just one think. Why Microsoft would pay for these contents? I mean...Collector's Edtion is actually sold out pratically everywere.

I think that Microsoft wants to improve their sales so badly that they will take any exclusive they can get their hands on and to differentiate the Xbone version.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-3-Dev-Promises-No-Platform-Exclusive-Content
Witcher 3 Dev Promises No Platform-Exclusive Content
"We are treating all gamers equally," says CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwinski. "We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."

Funny how some money will make them change their minds.

Attachments

• 1356349791205.jpg
    1356349791205.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 43
Personally this doesn't bother me, since I'm only getting the standard version, but what do bothers me is that CDP Red promised that all players will be treated equally and that there won't be exclusive stuff on platforms (maybe except for som gog stuff).
Now they are adding additonal content to the Xbox version without a word for the other platforms.

This isn't a real problem now, but sometime later one thing leads to another and we will have i.e. exclusive dlc's, games or whatnot. That is the biggest concern for me right now and this exclusive deal could start an avalance over the years and CD Projekt changes.

:sad:

I think the fact that this is limited to a non-game item (which they've already been loose with) says a lot of CDPR's commitment to keeping the actual game equal across the board. Based on the other deals we've seen the console companies make, there is no question that MS was pushing for in-game DLC exclusives or even timed exclusivity for the game itself. This is likely the best compromise they could agree to.

Guest 2686910

Yesterday: I love CD Project Red
Today: Go to hell CD you're a sell out.

Man people turns so quickly (and not in a good way)
Well, yeah, people are fickle. That's the point of having a PR department: dealing with people and eventual backlash. Which begs the question: where the hell was the PR department on this one?
Also, nice signature.

Let's just relax for a moment and realize why everyone is complaining... about a cloth map and a card game.

Man, the problem is not in the cards or in price. The problem is in the trust. REDs said: Same experience for everyone. Now it's not. Tomorrow they could announce something for Sony, then something for some local retailer, then something for Amazon, for example. That's the point.

I always loved that CDprojektRed gave that little extra to fans willing to support them. I have purchased a fair amount of CE's, some I regretted, but Witcher 2's first CE is still my favorite. So, naturally, my anticipation of their next CE for the third title could not have been more hyped. I have a deep respect for this company because of how they treat their IP and how they treat their fans as well as never neglecting the PC as lead platform.

I'm not really the typical forum poster-type guy, this being my first post on this forum. I'm more of a lurker, watching through the shadows, reading other's posts. This news, I've become fairly neutral to these past couple years, since more and more developers and publishers have gotten more scummier toward their brands and how they choose to market them. But this particular news came as a shock to me since I thought CDprojektRed was better than this.

I preordered the CE of Wild Hunt for PC the second it was available. I will probably still pick it up when it releases next february. But this choice of giving another platform, which probably has the least fanbase of the three platforms, more content, physical or otherwise doesn't matter, will dampen my enjoyment of a title I have the utmost hype for. I would have LOVED a physical card game and cloth-map. Would have been a highlight in the CE for me, believe it or not. But I guess I'm only buying the second rate Collector's Edition for your own favorite platform - PC.

An hour ago I would not even question supporting this company... this practice is despicable and a slap in the face to those that supported you even before you broadened your reach toward the console space. Hereafter there will always be doubt in my mind. Before, I always found joy reading about this company. Now you'll be seen as any other company to me. And that, if you are willing to believe it, breaks my heart a little bit. There wasn't much magic left in the industry but you had a piece of that magic. Had, being the key word. And I honestly thought you were aware of that.

Great post. CDP was supposed to be better than this!

The thing is that they're not complaining about stuff you mentioned per se. It's honestly just a symbol. CDPR up to this point have been creating themselves as Paragons of gaming, spitting on brand deals from afar. And now, the mask just came off. You work years for a reputation, but you can lose it in a matter of seconds. Now, I'm not saying they lost all of it. But the magic won't come back.

Precisely. The card game and map, while super nice, is not really the point.
The principle is the point. The trust is the point. The "we treat everyone equally" is the point.

But they didn't do anything majorly wrong, didn't the witcher 2 xbox version have some exclusives that the pc version didn't have? Sure they were a year or two apart but still the in game content was the same. And people are flaming on CDPR for something that is at this point is just exclusive to xbox, who knows what surprises they have in store for the other platforms.

And people are complaining that CDPR betrayed their trust and everything, but I find it a bit silly that their trust in CDPR could be broken by just one small action. I mean it's still CDPR we are talking about and not EA or Ubisoft that announce 20 different pre order versions and each has different in game content. And if people don't like these kind of actions why pre order 6 months before the game comes out, a lot can change in that time. Sure it shouldn't but it will. And I as well was shocked that CDPR did something like this but to cancel my pre order seems stupid to me.

One thing's certain - I will not believe your PR talk anymore. 2014 is the year in which you made so many bad decisions it's not even funny. First the in-game transactions announced for the MOBA game, now alienating your core fanbase. All that covered in that sweet PR sauce that turned out to be made of liquid turd.

It's not that I really need or want the cloth map or the cards but I paid for the best edition of the game and suddenly I only get the second best. I thought every collector's edition was supposed to be equal. :rly?:

I don't understand the logic behind this decision because only fans of the game will buy the collector's edition. I doubt anyone on XB1 who's never really been interested in The Witcher will all of sudden just buy the collector's edtion on XB1 just because they get small extras. And I'm pretty sure the number of people debating whether to buy the CE on XB1 or some other platform is minimal. I doubt M$ will really get any extra profits from this. This is mainly bad PR and pisses off the fans of the game.

I think it would be a much better idea to put the cloth map or cards or something in the standard XB1 edition and make the collector's editions equal (and have the cloth map and cards or whatever in them aswell). Then the average gamer would want to get the game on XB1 cause it contains extra stuff, but people on other platforms could have it aswell. Another good option would be to make the extra content something platform specific like an XB1 controller skin or console skin.

Last edited:
Cloth map and card game in XBox One Collector's Edition only?

I just read that the XBox One Collector's Edition of the Witcher 3 will get two physical decks of the new Gwent card game and a cloth map exclusively?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-includes-gwent-a-hearthstone-esque-card-game

I hope that those things will be included in the collector's editions of the PC and PS4 versions, too! I love cloth maps and just because I want to play the game on PC means that I can't get a cloth map? Come on!

Top Bottom