Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Yesterday: I love CD Project Red
Today: Go to hell CD you're a sell out.

Man people turns so quickly (and not in a good way)

Actually, it is more like

yesterday: We treat everyone equally!
today: But Xbone gamers are more equal than PC and PS4 gamers.

Face it, the backlash is completely deserved. CDP should know better.
Now they have two choices. They can either address it and make it right, somehow, in which case we will all forgive them and slowly but surely start, hopefully, trusting them again...
or they can stay the course, in which case they will leave very shitty impression and damage their reputation for good. They will no longer be paraded around the industry as Paragon of "How it should be done". Any time they announce something, there will be someone reminding people about this one shitty thing they did.

Most of all, it is all just very sad. They really should have known that this would be utterly stupid idea. Hell, after yesterday's Tomb Raider fiasco, they should have stopped it at the last moment if they had to.

<Smug Mode>

Well, gosh. I'd say, good call, CDPR. It's only fair. I'm getting it on PC and with so many delicious modded adventures in my future, I can be only so pleased before exploding into a wet Shower of Sard Shards.

The consoles needed some love. So...half way there? Maybe Sony will pony up some more dough as well!

<Smug Mode Off>

<Smug Mode On>

Mmmmm......what? Did I leave that on again?

Guest 2686910

But they didn't do anything majorly wrong, didn't the witcher 2 xbox version have some exclusives that the pc version didn't have? Sure they were a year or two apart but still the in game content was the same. And people are flaming on CDPR for something that is at this point is just exclusive to xbox, who knows what surprises they have in store for the other platforms.

And people are complaining that CDPR betrayed their trust and everything, but I find it a bit silly that their trust in CDPR could be broken by just one small action. I mean it's still CDPR we are talking about and not EA or Ubisoft that announce 20 different pre order versions and each has different in game content. And if people don't like these kind of actions why pre order 6 months before the game comes out, a lot can change in that time. Sure it shouldn't but it will. And I as well was shocked that CDPR did something like this but to cancel my pre order seems stupid to me.

As I said, symbol. It's a powerful thing, really. People probably won't cancel their preorders, won't riot. But the doubt will be there in the future. The trust is not broken, just damaged. It's just an all around stupid move. And overreactions always happen, most of the time they are but the indicators of the problem.

One thing's certain - I will not believe your PR talk anymore. 2014 is the year in which you made so many bad decisions it's not even funny. First the in-game transactions announced for the MOBA game, now alienating your core fanbase. All that covered in that sweet PR sauce that turned out to be made of liquid turd.

LOL.Talk about going overboard...

And i thought that Witcher player base is mature like Witcher games , guess it was mistake...

What next compare CDPR to EA?

i understand but how can be improve the sale of a thing that is sold out?

MS must have seen some use for it, otherwise they would not have chosen to open their wallet.
Oh well, time to cancel my CE-preorder, I am not paying that much for a less than complete edition.

CDProjekt RED, вы забыли своих братьев-славян и продались Майкрософту. Я всегда считал вас лучшими разработчиками игр, но теперь вы подрываете доверие, становясь такими же подлецами как RockstarGames и EA. Я был о вас лучшего мнения.

Very disappointed, as I bought both a digital edition on GoG and a physical CE on PC.

A stupid MOBA game and now this?

If they're making this announcement it means that they are creating incentives for people to buy the Xbox version. Therefore, I assume there will be another batch, otherwise it really doesn't make sense to do so.
Yes, it really doesn't. And yet the CEOs have been adamant that this is a limited edition and there will be no more CEs ever. Which I now start doubting.

So its not really a matter of equal value principal, you just want to know youre are getting less upfront. Fair enough.
Well, it is a matter of value. Value, though, is a relevant and somewhat fuzzy thing. The monetary value of physical product is one thing, but for me it was also a value to have a PC version game - simply for my collection, as I only use console to play exclusives - and I meas real exclusives, like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls and such. For me the additional contents of CE for XB1 would outweigh the value of having a new addition to my collection of PC games. So yes, it's also about the relatively lesser value of the product I got.

And i thought that Witcher player base is mature like Witcher games , guess it was mistake...

They are certainly going in that direction. It started long time ago. First they chased pirates in Germany, then announced in-game transactions, now they make exclusivity deals with platform owners. It's similar to what EA does. Not nearly as bad, but slowly going in that direction.

And I'd argue that the person who eats CDPR's PR talk without critical thought is the immature one.

Comparisons to EA are hyperbole but the equal statement is pure bullshit now imo.
Plus paying a substantial amount for an inferior CE because they changed the contents halfway is not very fan friendly at all.

First the in-game transactions announced for the MOBA game

Also all the upgrades will be available to buy with in-game currency. We don't know the specifics yet.
Besides how do you expect a free game to pay for itself - especially on minor platforms? They are not Valve, that they can make a few cosmetic hats like in Dota 2 and get some money of it.

Chill people, this is fair in every way. PC gog.com gets a few music tracks we didn't get with console CE and folks got upset and soon got over it.
The bottom line is...We Are All getting the Same Game.
I don't know about you.. But I bought my CE for the game first. But since I am a big fan I get all this cool extra stuff because I paid extra for it.
CDPR is honest, this is not in game dlc, also microsoft was a big help to make this become real, so I thank them for it. No one is getting cheated here folks, I play console but cannot buy a pc, but I am not going to hate on you because I can't have mods on my console. Now it is up to sony to match what microsoft did for Red if they want to help pay whoever to bring the cloth map & cards to the CE of the PS4. That is up to sony, I think this is awesome for us few die hard fans who cannot get enough witcher stuff. If I was CDPR I would have done the same, after all microsoft let them port TW2 to xbox360 first last gen and CDPR got extra cashflow to help make TW3 for them/us on all platfoms now. I respect cdpr's choice on doing this, like I said microsoft paid for it, also reds made this game for xb1 platform and we all know it has not sold well.
So that in-turn just means TW3 won't sell alot of xb1 copies because less folks own one.
Does anyone else understand what I'm saying here, because some times it hurts to be as smart as I am.;) lol...

Last edited:
So if I buy the PS4 collector's edition I have to pay the exact same price but get less just because I do not have an Xbox One? I am very disappointed by this decision....

I thought that CD Project Red is the best company in the world, it turns out I was wrong. They are just as corrupt as everyone!

Last edited:
They are certainly going in that direction. It started long time ago. First they chased pirates in Germany, then announced in-game transactions, now they make exclusivity deals with platform owners. It's similar to what EA does. Not nearly as bad, but slowly going in that direction.

And I'd argue that the person who eats CDPR's PR talk without critical thought is the immature one.

And CDPR's PR said that TW3 plot is stand alone just Bioware's PR did for Mass Effect 3.

Top Bottom