Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Chill people, this is fair in every way. PC gog.com gets a few music tracks we didn't get with console CE a folks got upset and soon got over it.
The bottom line is...We Are All getting the Same Game.
I don't know about you.. But I bought my CE for the game first. But since I am a big fan I get all this cool extra stuff because I paid extra for it.
CDPR is honest, this is not in game dlc, also microsoft was a big help to make this become real so I thank them for it. No one is getting cheated here folks, I play console but cannot buy a pc, but I am not going to hate on you because I can't have mods on my console. Now it is up to sony to match what microsoft did for Red if they want to help pay whoever to bring the cloth map & cards to the CE of the PS4. That is up to sony, I think this is awesome for us few die hard fans who cannot get enough witcher stuff. If I was CDPR I would have done the same, after all microsoft let them port TW2 to xbox360 first last gen and CDPR got extra cashflow to help make TW3 for them/us on all platfoms now. I respect cdpr's choice on doing this, like I said microsoft paid for it, also reds made this game for xb1 platform and we all know it has not sold well.
So that in-turn just means TW3 won't sell alot of xb1 copies because less folks own one.
Does anyone else understand what I'm saying here, because some times it hurts to be as smart as I am.;) lol...

Always the voice of reason.

CDPR is honest (...)No one is getting cheated here folks

I'll stop you here. If CDPR was honest and didn't want to cheat gamers, they would announce that extra Xbox One stuff back in June at their conference. What they did instead tho, is they spoke about equal treatment of gamers and made no mention of the exclusive content. Things like these take time to produce and CDPR had that deal signed a long time ago. We are only hearing about it now, when people bought CE for other platforms and for the same price as the superior Xbox One edition.

This is far from being honest or fair.

Sure, some are going overboard with their posts. But the reason some get more and more angry are the ones that dare say it doesn't matter. That it's just a card game and cloth. If you can't see past that: Think you just ordered a steak, while waiting the chef comes out and says the people sitting opposite you not only get steak, but gravy also.
Sure, you might shrug and say it doesn't matter, its just gravy. But some carry a deeper passion for things and WE WILL let our voices be heard to unfair actions.

As I said, symbol. It's a powerful thing, really. People probably won't cancel their preorders, won't riot. But the doubt will be there in the future. The trust is not broken, just damaged. It's just an all around stupid move. And overreactions always happen, most of the time they are but the indicators of the problem.

Well I agree it's a stupid move. But reading this thread shows how much people are 'betrayed' by CDPR and sure they have every right to be. But I find it a bit childish to immediately start a petition chanting they want the same content for the other platforms as well. We don't know what CDPR has in store for us for those platforms, and the community hasn't even seen a response from the Red team. And I agree with you, CPDR has always been there for the gamers and offering fair deals. And that's why I think the community needs to calm down and offer CDPR a chance to explain themselves. And like I said before, who knows what other surprises they have in store for us. Good and/or bad.

They are certainly going in that direction. It started long time ago. First they chased pirates in Germany, then announced in-game transactions, now they make exclusivity deals with platform owners. It's similar to what EA does. Not nearly as bad, but slowly going in that direction.

And I'd argue that the person who eats CDPR's PR talk without critical thought is the immature one.
"
Im not the person who "eats CDPR PR talk without critical thought" , i was critical on more than one occasions, but this thing is going overboard...

Germany thing - they apologised frankly and honestly for it (many devs/publishers still do that kind thing secretly) - brave move but some wont forget it and still hold grudge.

Moba Witcher game - what u expect , it works by micro-transactions - if it will be done like LOL im all for it - if not i will SCREAM but talking like its bad thing before knowing details ....

What exlusivity deal?GOG had it before , its not ingame content....PC versions for owners of prequels are cheaper with more extras...but yeah scream more how CDPR is worse than EA...

Last edited:
Wow. Bad move CDPR. Do yourself a favor - get some distance between you and Microshaft. Makes me wonder if 'treating all platforms the same' was also dictated by MS.

Last edited:
<Smug Mode>

Well, gosh. I'd say, good call, CDPR. It's only fair. I'm getting it on PC and with so many delicious modded adventures in my future, I can be only so pleased before exploding into a wet Shower of Sard Shards.

The consoles needed some love. So...half way there? Maybe Sony will pony up some more dough as well!

<Smug Mode Off>

<Smug Mode On>

Mmmmm......what? Did I leave that on again?

thanks @Sardukhar

Chill people, this is fair in every way. PC gog.com gets a few music tracks we didn't get with console CE a folks got upset and soon got over it.
The bottom line is...We Are All getting the Same Game.
I don't know about you.. But I bought my CE for the game first. But since I am a big fan I get all this cool extra stuff because I paid extra for it.
CDPR is honest, this is not in game dlc, also microsoft was a big help to make this become real so I thank them for it. No one is getting cheated here folks, I play console but cannot buy a pc, but I am not going to hate on you because I can't have mods on my console. Now it is up to sony to match what microsoft did for Red if they want to help pay whoever to bring the cloth map & cards to the CE of the PS4. That is up to sony, I think this is awesome for us few die hard fans who cannot get enough witcher stuff. If I was CDPR I would have done the same, after all microsoft let them port TW2 to xbox360 first last gen and CDPR got extra cashflow to help make TW3 for them/us on all platfoms now. I respect cdpr's choice on doing this, like I said microsoft paid for it, also reds made this game for xb1 platform and we all know it has not sold well.
So that in-turn just means TW3 won't sell alot of xb1 copies because less folks own one.
Does anyone else understand what I'm saying here, because some times it hurts to be as smart as I am.;) lol...

You are right but the other side is right as well. Heck, if they make this from start nobody would care about this am I right? I still love them, but I have a little bad taste in my mouth, which could disappear after I played the game, or the forth coming six months.

I just wanted to ask something. Are you guys really upset because you will not get the physical copy of the card game? Or are you upset because people who have Xbox one, will get it for free?

Let us be honest here. Most people complain because they view it as "unfair". Or because they are collectors. I can not blame you for it, but complaining because someone else gets something extra is frankly a little bit "childish". No offense.

You can look at it another way. CDPR is giving away more free stuff. They are awesome for doing so, and speculating about secret special deals is meaningless.

Keep in mind that we are quite far away from the release date. If they can add something on the Xbox One CE, they can also add something else. On other platform versions as well.

Complaining about a company giving out more stuff, is quite selfish. In my honest opinion. Even if they get money from it. The money is going on CP77 anyway.

Or we can just cry out that CDPR is just another company that wants to take our money by making exclusive content. I don't think that is the case. Just wait and see.

Originally Posted by rohirrim View Post
Cdpr said multiple times that they'll treat each platform equally. But if this happens to be true, then I'll be massively dissapointed though.

I agree with this. You should not say these things, if you can't keep your word. I really believed in you, know I am really doubtful about you. I hope you will make this right and deliver same content of CE for every platform. Gamers should not be punished by playing your game on another platform...Like you said it is against your values and policy! Be the same CDPR like you were!

Well I agree it's a stupid move. But reading this thread shows how much people are 'betrayed' by CDPR and sure they have every right to be. But I find it a bit childish to immediately start a petition chanting they want the same content for the other platforms as well. We don't know what CDPR has in store for us for those platforms, and the community hasn't even seen a response from the Red team. And I agree with you, CPDR has always been there for the gamers and offering fair deals. And that's why I think the community needs to calm down and offer CDPR a chance to explain themselves. And like I said before, who knows what other surprises they have in store for us. Good and/or bad.

While I applaud your optimism I can not help but feel like that it will not happen. It has been clear that CD Projekt has a good relationship with MS and this shows just how far that relationship goes. The whole thing has been handled extremely dumb though. Posting that a platform specific CE is getting more content than the others goes against everything that CD Projekt has said. Add the fact that die hard Witcher fans (the forum population) gobble up everything Witcher and you have a recipe to piss people of badly.

So if I buy the PS4 collector's edition I have to pay the exact same price but get less just because I do not have an Xbox One? I am very disappointed by this decision....

Hold up, how much was the gog.com CE of TW3 was it less? & didn't they get different stuff?
They get mods too... bro we all get the same game & that is what matters in the end. So fuck these TW3 happy meal toys!
Who cares.. its a map and cards microsoft put in to maybe try and sell their consoles, but I doubt even that. Plus if all the 900p /1080p horse shit is true well.. at least the XB1/CE got cards and a cloth map for the fans. Like I said, PC gets a few songs we don't get + mods and whatever else for whatever price. But we all get the same core game and I'm not crying over that.;)

This is...sad. I know that money is very important but...what about PC gamers, who support this franchise since 2007/2008?

This news was the most unexpected all year and now we can not trust their every word. That talk about all platforms being treated equally is just bullshit now and even more sad is that from all platforms, it's not PC the one getting the special treatment, I mean, what a way to treat your most loyal and I guess bigger fanbase and we should not forget Microsoft - all that shit talk about PC this, PC that and they pay for Tomb Raider's exclusivity (not that I care) and now The Witcher 3 for their pretty, shiny xbox and also release a fucking Halo mouse, what a joke.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Just awful! Cd Projekt you disappoint the fans! How could so easily sell Microsoft? You do not think about the fans

It was a bad move from CDPR - and they must have known it will be. But comparing them to EA, corrupt companies, because you don't get the same goodies? Come on! It's a mistake, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

They didn't take away things they promised you, they gave more things to someone else. Complaining like a madman about is pure jealousy. And yes it feels shitty and unfair, but it not necessarily is, from the overall point of view. That's what they teach you in kindergarten.

I agree with this. You should not say these things, if you can't keep your word. I really believed in you, know I am really doubtful about you. I hope you will make this right and deliver same content of CE for every platform. Gamers should not be punished by playing your game on another platform...Like you said it is against your values and policy! Be the same CDPR like you were!

I don't think they were talking about physical content of collecor edition with the statement. I sure would have wanted that in the other ones, but that does not contradict their statement.

Top Bottom