Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
"We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."

M. Iwiński

:facepalm::mean:

due to the gamestar News, he lied.

You do realize that very often people use some "noble" cause as a pretense or self-deception about their real reason? This is exactly the way I see it. So your "missing pint" is just a kid's rage over their parents' decision to give his brother a bigger candy

I disagree but I believe that you are so certain of my 'real' motives that are maliciously hidden inside my posts that I won't bother telling you why. Just realize how YOU sound right now.

I don`t understand . First there was bitching and all sorts of moaning and groaning about not being able to obtain the CE`s because everyone was sold out and now that there is an opportunity of buying more my first thought that it would people happy . But nooooo . Who would have thought that a deck of cards would raise such a ballyhoo .
tldr: I'm a moderator who must defend CDPR at all costs.

No you are wrong because that's life. I have seen this happen many times because it happened at my workplace. When a customer bought a car for the normal price he accepted the car for the agreed price. When there is a special deal with that car, let's say you get a few options on it for free. The customers who bought the car before this special deal have bought less car for the same money, exactly what has happened here. Does this mean the customer who bought the product before the deal should receive the same deal or get their money back? No, because at that time you both agreed on a price.

As another example: When you buy a xbox for 400 bucks (or how much it costs without the kinect) and a month later they announce a price drop. Does that mean you should receive your money or the difference back? No because you bought the product at that time for that amount with the included content. That's why a lot of people will not pre-order games anymore because at the end of the day, when you wait long enough you can get it cheaper. Now I know this is kind of strange to wait till a CE drops in price. But ordering a collectors edition is to show your support for the game and the company early on.

Your example is a bit incorrect with this situation, because here people bought the CEs at the same time of availability, however, more value was added to one of them.

That would be like two people going to buy a car, the seller tells them its the same deal, then they buy it but later the seller gives more to another one. Thats lying.

Because its not giving customers an informed decision to make, an informed decision about buying a product is , as with everything in life, context too, not just what you get, but what you're being told you wont get or cant get by any other means, etc.

I've got two xbone CEs preordered and will try to add one more at a different store today after work. Just to try and ensure I get one.

Great bonus for the MS supporters, but crap news for the other system owners :S

And while CD project emphasizes that "Gwent" is available in all three platform versions of roleplaying available, there should be only in the Collector's Edition for Xbox One and a physical edition of the card game. In the box two decks are included, allow easy unsubscribe matches between two players.

The Collector's Edition on the Xbox One has also introduced other collectors spending a map of the fantasy scenario of substance.

// translated via google

I disagree but I believe that you are so certain of my 'real' motives that are maliciously hidden inside my posts that I won't bother telling you why. Just realize how YOU sound right now.

Sure. Exactly the same as you when you claim that people simply do not get REAL point here. It may be all the way around, you know.

@Bowman
We get the point. Don't think we're stupid here. We know you feel betrayed because others got a bit extra, free stuff as CDPR often gives away.

Attachments

• frabz-You-were-supposed-to-be-the-chosen-one-1b36ab.jpg
    frabz-You-were-supposed-to-be-the-chosen-one-1b36ab.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 55
Maybe MS should pay for creation of even more content for Xbone version, not just CE but normal version too. Maybe the dice game!
And maybe Sony should also pay for creation of some awesome stuff!

I mean, they are just adding value, right ?

And PC gamers, who have no sugar daddy behind them? Who cares about those peasants ?

I've got two xbone CEs preordered and will try to add one more at a different store today after work. Just to try and ensure I get one.

Great bonus for the MS supporters, but crap news for the other system owners :S

ok perhaps it is because the xbox one Version is the weakest one, due to the lowend Laptop specs of the shit Microsoft has produced

1,3 tf gnahaha

have fun with 20 fps @ 720 p and a Card game :S

"We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."

M. Iwiński
That's totally not neccesary dude. <_<

Slightly disappointed by this, I fear it will lead to future practices like this and maybe worse (I hop not).

You seem to miss the point.
If they give something extra now, what's to stop them from doing it again? I remember the summer conference were they stated all editions would be equal on all platforms. I remember them even stating that they just had one edition because they found at the time that there should only be one version.

It's not about some stupid cards or a cloth map (at least not for me). It's about trust, loyalty and most important cdpr's Image. Just look at the comments here and the ones on facebook. You should read the comments on facebook. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. They knew most people would be at least annoyed by it, right? Did they need the money so bad? Was it all worth it, I ask myself? Or were there more reasons than just money that I don't know off? These are questions that for me need an answer though.

What they did now did something to cdpr's image. The savior of the gaming industry is gone. Forever. Trust is earned very slowly but can be lost in an instant. Read the comment on facebook. for every 100 reactions there are 2, maybe 3 that aren't about the exclusive items.

Most people here are with the Witcher since the beginning and those are mostly pc gamers. They bought the game, they bought the second, they pre-ordered the thirth. some even twice, digital and physical. And then cdpr says 'Wait, forgot to mention, we indeed have some exclusive items.'
And why, and I repeat my questions. Money? Was to money worth the loss of trust in the company? I beg to differ.

All I read here is excitation, nervousness, disappointment, helplessness and fear. And frankly, it's pretty sad this stampede of emotions when nobody knows anything about the details that led to CDPR to perform this step.

What I'm reading is a public trial, a hasty condemnation and a smell of sore loosers among those who self called mature players. We left knitting and the chair, not getting lost place in the guillotine operation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom