Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Mr. Iwinski says "If you still consider that adding two decks of Gwent cards and a map of the in-game world to the Xbox One CE equals us betraying our values and not fulfilling our promises, well, it does make us sad, but the final call is always yours to make."

Dear Mr. Iwinski

This is not about 2 decks of cards and a cloth map that Your fans are concerned about. It's about the fact that You accepted money from someone that want's You to turn back on some of Your fans, it's about going back on Your promises. You personally do not consider it "betraying Your values"?? If in Your view this is not betrayal of Your values than I don't know what is.

"EVIL IS EVIL, LESSER, GREATER, MIDDLING, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE"

I really hope that there won't be any more exclusives for any of the platforms. I'm still a huge fan of CD Projekt Red and I will not turn my back on this company (I won't cancel my CE for PC) but please don't dissapoint us like that in the future!!

And you should stop treating it like it is ultimate evil or evil at all.If they would cut or add exclusive in-game content then we can talk.For now its just scream of spoiled collectors and peoples that hate MS with a passion.Thats my opinon and no insult intended.

Last edited:
Seriously, most of you are behaving like CDPR just carpet bombed your entire family.

Moreover, we promised not have any exclusive DLCs, neither per platform nor per retailer, and we do stand by our promise--nothing has changed, nor will change in this regard.

Noooo, you broke your word, you stabbed me in the back and murdered my whole family, I'm sure that by DLC you also meant physical content ! I haaaate you.

Nah but seriously, I hope this stupid and out of proportions outrage will not affect your morales too badly, I need you to continue making this masterpiece in high spirits ! :victory:

And you should stop treating it like it is ultimate evil or evil at all.If they would cut or add in-game content then we can talk.For now its just scream of spoiled collectors and peoples that hate MS with a passion.Thats my opinon and no insult intended.

Sure man, Your entitled to Your opinion. If You don't share my view Im perfectly fine with that. I just think that our concern is legitimate and guy's from CD Projekt RED should know about it. We don't hate them, on the contrary, we acknowledge and appreciate what they've done do far and how they've been treating all gamers. We just don't want that to change.

Peace

"Whoring for money" What XD ? Because of a stupid pack of cards ?

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

You people really need to just tone it down a dial, the whole last year most of you've been pouring honey on CDPR for their work (well deserved imo) but now, because of a one hiccup, because of some stupid addition (they did not take anything from your order, THEY JUST ADDED - and in game content is still the same, just like they promised) in CE on XO version which probably will give them more support from MS in spreading awareness (in case you forgot, CDPR is not that big and rich as probably most of you think it is, they need help to GROW AND MAKE BETTER GAMES) all of you prefer to just write them off, yeah, MAKES FU... SENSE.

No DRM ? Awesome

Expanding the game to enhanced edition for free ? Nice

Gamer friendly from the begging ? Fantastic

Making mature and great RPG while staying true to their vision without stuffing *homosexuals and women just because of political correctness (I'm looking at you bioware) ? Oh, yeah !

Pack of cards and different fabric on a map (you're still getting the map) on 1 platform ? SELLOUTS, BURN THEM.

Yes, makes perfect sense, so what that we will probably get one of the best games ever made, yeah, let's just hate them because of one small stupid thing that has nothing to do with the game itself.

*I have nothing against homosexual relationships, I'm just tired of gay characters in bioware games trying to sleep with me and wipe my face with information about their sexual preferences on every step, just because reasons.

Only more shallow words from CDPR in Marcin's update... As if providing a DRM free game excuse other shabby business practices. I also think CDPR didn't really understood the problem. It's about respect and how to treat your most dedicated and oldest fanbase. My patience is over and my tolerance is limited. It's bad enough that most of the communication and the whole game is centered around consoles. But now you can't even get the "ultimate" version on PC. You might call me PC elitist or whatever but for me CDPR always was a PC developer. Now they are a console dev with almost the same crappy marketing speech and shabby business practices.

And whatever they say they cannot hide or excuse the fact that they sold their soul and integrity to Microsoft to get some press attention and five minutes in the spotlight. Maybe that will lead to some more sales or not, but they definitely lost a lot of respect. They lost a lot of my respect at least by disrespecting me both as a fan and a customer. And in the end this deal follows the same logics than complete exclusive games. Crossing the Rubicon once...

Posts made for the sole purpose of attacking other forum members will not be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you should stop treating it like it is ultimate evil or evil at all.If they would cut or add exclusive in-game content then we can talk.For now its just scream of spoiled collectors and peoples that hate MS with a passion.Thats my opinon and no insult intended.

You're right, still there is always a start that could lead to the dark side. MS is definitely not the personified evil, but once you gave in it seems a lot easier to do the next possible step. And I do fear that Microsoft (or maybe also Sony) definitely will ask to go even further.

Let me also ask what is the purpose of a Collectors Edition?
1st it's clearly made for collectors who are willing to pay extra money on some extra content (physical and ingame)
2nd it's also a way to honor the work and policy of the developer
For sure every CE (XBone, PS4, PC) is worth the money and I am looking forward to receive my PC CE, still in my opinion these 2 main reasons are shattered by the upgrading of the XBone CE version.

Spoilt collectors??? Sorry, but if I'm not able to get a "complete" CE for my 150€ I rather invest my money into sth else, eg a new GPU. I'm not spoilt but I care about my hard earnt money. Don't judge on other people like that...

Yes yes but my point was second part of that post.... Witcher Store with goodies from franchise !!!

Going drink to celebrate it .... with a mug of morning coffee :D

Well, that would be something to considerate. We all would be able to get cards, map, and many cool things.

Spoilt collectors??? Sorry, but if I'm not able to get a "complete" CE for my 150€ I rather invest my money into sth else, eg a new GPU. I'm not spoilt but I care about my hard earnt money. Don't judge on other people like that...

Sorry i see it that way i do not intend to insult but my opinion is that WE ARE SPOILED BY CDPR , we got from them AWESOME GAMES that dont threat us like stupid gamers , no DRM , free DLC ,and a lot of goodies , more than in other devs/publishers.Now we faced reality u cant in this world share everything equal , something needs to be sacrificed , what i see after that childish accusations "sold out" and comparing it to evil.Its like spoiled innocent child cry that its evil that it has 2 candy less than brother while it not seen how world can be evil and cruel.

While screaming about this 2 candies you all forgot what CDPR gave us, yes u can say that they sold us their products but soon Dragon Age Inquisition will come out , compare then , even now compare to other devs / publishers.And remember how CDPR acts , and remember that canceling pre-orders or not supporting CDPR means you will be left with less choices like EA or Ubisoft (its and example).

Ah!Also CE for Witcher 3 are really limited , if you cancel your order in spur of moment that really means you probably to get it youll need to spend a lot of money on ebay .

Seriously, most of you are behaving like CDPR just carpet bombed your entire family.

Noooo, you broke your word, you stabbed me in the back and murdered my whole family, I'm sure that by DLC you also meant physical content ! I haaaate you.

Nah but seriously, I hope this stupid and out of proportions outrage will not affect your morales too badly, I need you to continue making this masterpiece in high spirits ! :victory:

What purpose has this post other than to mock people who view things differently than you ?

There is something wrong about "putting your faith" in video game developers in the first place, and idolizing them is worse.
As much as I dislike what they did, I don't feel "betrayed" because they sold their "soul" to the "devil". Even CDPR plays with that when someone from the studio came here to say he puts his heart and soul in the CE. Yeah, right. It's like saying "we don't make stupid games" and announcing they're making a MOBA with in-game transactions out of a licence known for its story.
We should stop being sentimental and focus on what's important: our entertainment, the game and our money, or we'll become CDPR's "biodrones". I don't like this kind of practice from other developers, I won't like it coming from CDPR, simple as that.

Talking about BioWare, they had EA early access on XB1 lately, it means you will get an exclusive demo of DA:I one week before the official release for XB1 owners only, if you're part of the "EA early access" program. Still on XB1, there will be a timed exclusive DLC for DA:I.
What's wrong with that? I'm curious now.

I have both a Steam copy and a CE for PC. I stick to the digital copy but I have little interest in buying an incomplete CE on top of that from a company that favors Xbox over PC for whatever reason...

It's kind of telling that Marcin had to resort to reminding us that they've been good in the past, and how this is for the good of all, in order to try and assuage the crowd. It sounds like that they know they aren't quite right on this, and can't come up with any concrete arguments as to why this deal is in keeping with their values. I would've actually preferred it If CDPR had just come out and said Microsoft has given us funds to include these extra physical bonuses for the X1 CE, instead of the spiel we got. Be upfront and honest. I would've still disagreed with them accepting the offer, but at least I would have appreciated and respected their honesty. I understand CDPR has the responsibility, as a business, to earn as much money as they can, but they cannot claim this is perfectly in keeping with their stance on treating every platform equally.

And it seems like they vastly underestimated how upset the core fan-base would be. Most of us first played the Witcher games on the PC, and though a portion may be moving onto consoles, I would venture to guess that a vast majority will be sticking with the platform we started on. So to make something like a full deck card-game and a superior quality map, which would definitely hold more value and interest to those said core-fans, exclusive to a console platform, is hurtful. We also cannot help wonder whether this is just a one-time thing or whether these types of deals will become more prevalent in the future. After all, if they see nothing wrong with this, what's to stop them including other business practices in the list of what's ok?

Finally, I must mention that I feel this reaction was tempered by concerns regarding CDPR's approach to game design. Even with TW2, we saw elements of 'consolification' creep into it, and there have been many conversations about how much of it will be present in the PC version of TW3. I understand that as CDPR expand their horizons, they have to make certain decisions and sacrifices, but from what we've seen from TW3 so far, and announcements like this one, you cannot blame us for being anxious and voicing our worries and concerns.

Posts made for the sole purpose of attacking other forum members will not be tolerated.

How was what I said attacking someone, I didn't use any foul language and didn't talk about anybody directly. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was attacking anyone and my post was really tame compared to other posts in this thread.

You guys got the timing wrong, shouldn't have realized this when everyone was looking forward to updates from Gamescom.

Ill quote something from polish forum it not mine but i agree with it 100%
<Sorry if my translation isnt good>

CDPR still stands out positively in comparison with other devs . They caught the necessity of becoming involved in business systems, it's difficult but ok. I have the impression that the company sat on the topic of stout head and it was considered that such a solution would be best for the company. Maybe not "to be or not to be" , but who knows how important moment.
So what better to RED finally ended up selling at a loss and perhaps closed studio, but at least remained in line with the ideal image? Fans happy to be able for some time to tell the children and grandchildren of the legend of the One True Studio, That's Did Not Sold Out. A study that is no longer, well, its part of the legend, is not it?

Only for employees fairly weak, but what the fans care.

Last edited:
Top Bottom