TW3 Save game import

+
You must have played a different game than I did. As I cut through them far quicker at higher levels. Any Youtube Videos, or links proving your assertions?

Starting a new game and being able to one shot everyone except very high level bosses would not be fun at all. Oh sure it's amusing for a bit, but only a bit.

Not if the game had been designed from scratch for high level characters, as I've already stated.

Last edited:
What a good way to miss my point completely. My point was that Geralt is capable to destroy level one enemies with ease not because of his talents but because of his gear.

I have no need for Youtube videos: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_skills

These are the talents, check the sword tree, you gain 15% sword damge and another 10% increase in overall damage, so 25% damage increase. Sounds like a lot right? Well sure a quarter of your overall damage done is not irrelevant but one has to look at overall damage done, the flat numbers.

Geralt has 5 damage by default. The regular Witcher Silver Sword which you get at the start does 10-17 damage. So you're looking at anywhere between 15-22 damage. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Witchers'_silver_sword

Now add 25% damage and you get about 19-26 damage with from 15-22. Pretty irrelevant especially when compared to http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Deithwen_(sword) ( aka the best silver sword outside of Dark Mode ).

By default the sword + Geralt's default damage does 49-53 damage. Which is a lot more then any talent can give you.

Except you're ignoring all his other offensive abilities, regenerative, and damage deduction feats. Not to mention, everyone knows the swords and armour he has make a huge difference. However, if the transition from W1 to W2 is anything to go by, the swords from W2 will become butter knives, and the armour, bed sheets.

Or you won't have them at the beginning of the game and will be able to acquire them later on, much later. I hope for this option and it would logical...compared to nerfing them to the ground for gameplay reasons.

But as for other useful bonuses, like the damage reduction they do not give a large benefit with low level gear but there is large benefit to high level gear. There are no new combat moves from talents except finishers...which are pretty useless for the most part due to the high adrenaline requirements...adrenaline being tied to your damage done.

Only exception is the flat HP increase and dodge distance, that's it and the only thing that would matter against 20 drowners in act 1 would be the dodge increase since if you start getting hit, talents or not, you're likely to end up dead quickly with low level armor.

Your argument is that because Geralt defeated a Dragon he should be easily brushing aside enemies like Drowners due to his talents, but even within the confines of TW2 this is not the case. Geralt would easily brush aside drowners with high level, rare quality gear and usage of potions/mutagens and he will in TW3. His character level is overall pretty irrelevant without them.

Last edited:
I must have been on something when I played it so, because I noticed a big difference between high and low level. If all that's true, then it should be no problem showing me a Youtube video of somebody smashing through characters at low level, every bit as fast as it can be done high level. RPG players tend not to like when levels don't really matter, and I'm sure somebody would have done one if there was little to no difference.

Yeah, I could go along with his powerful items from W2 not being available from the get go in W3, only if they've retained their full attributes from W2.

Good luck finding someone on YT who is competent then.

RPG players tend not to like when levels don't really matter, and I'm sure somebody would have done one if there was little to no difference.

They do matter, but only if you have the gear to make them so. Compared to low level stuff someone with high level gear will absolutely trash high level opponents. Like someone doing 800 damage on the operator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDy7uQp4kQg

Well then, I'm going to have to say, I don't buy your argument, because it's completely contrary to what I experienced.

The gear makes a big difference, but not that much. However, if CDPR were to allow people to import their epic gear from W2 at full power, not what happened to it from W1 (I still remember my dismay at how pitiful Ravens armour became), it may not be such a bitter pill to swallow being reset to level one again.

What you experienced is personal and biased, raw numbers don't lie and numbers of stat increases support my argument.

You want to prove me wrong? Start Witcher 2 load an ACT 3 save and remove all your gear and then fight the Rotfiends in the sewers with level 1 Silver Sword. Then reset your talents on the Operator and then do the same.

If you don't want to do that then your argument is null and void. I've provided facts to support my argument, you haven't.

No, because picking the right attributes to level up, makes a huge difference, it isn't all about the 25% sword damage increase.

Ah no, because on my first play through, I didn't upgrade my gear accept for the silver sword I found outside Iorveth's hideout, until the end of Act 3, had Ravens Armour the whole time, when the game practically threw better armour at me. Again, I noticed a big difference from levelling up.

Then prove it, if you can't/don't want to then I repeat my point about value of your argument. Simply that it took you long a time to change your armor doesn't really matter, there's other gear slots and you were certainly getting better trophies.

I already have :) My math is based on in-game numbers and it does not lie.

If you want to prove I am wrong about my then you need to better then just "Oh but I experienced this and that".

Very selective 'math,' and simply dismissing the other attributes as not making much difference.

You may want to look into why the user in that one hit kill on the Operator video you linked, practically maxed out the Alchemy skill tree.

Last edited:
So what does all this math have to do with save game imports? According to MY math, not much. Any imported gear will be nerfed to hell and gone, so it's kinda moot.
:hai:

So what does all this math have to do with save game imports? According to MY math, nothing.
:hai:

A story not worth getting into.......Yeah, as I said, our once epic swords will likely become butter knives, and the armour, bed sheets, with no explanation given.

Last edited:
You may want to look into why the user in that one hit kill on the Operator video you linked, practically maxed out the Alchemy skill tree.

Maxed out alchemy, damage mutagens, best gear in game, high damage potions, oil. That's why.

I never claimed that talents were useless, on the contrary I pointed out that with high level gear they greatly increase your power. I also argued that with low level gear they are quite irrelevant.

Your initial argument was that Geralt should be able to slaughter weaker foes with ease on accounting of his talents alone, that's what you posted. I argued against that pointing out that talents alone in TW2 would not give such a huge benefit and that gear is far more important then that. Mutagens are not talents, they are permanent consumables. The talent part is the one where their power is increased with alchemy.

The guy in the video is capable of doing 100 damage unbuffed with no potions and with just 5% damage increase that he had from his sword spec. He is able to achieve that number thanks to 60 via his Dark Mode sword, 5 from Geralt's base and the rest thanks to mutagens and then 5% damage increase from the sword tree.

He does gain a great deal more damage thanks to talents but here's the catch, talents increase damage on a percentage basis not a flat number basis. Thus high level gear will give a vastly greatly increase then low level one would. Geralt equipped with low level gear would not be able to achieve even a fifth of that damage.

Last edited:
So, what exactly are you arguing now? I never said the items made no difference, they make a big difference, but so do the talents. Simple as that, you're just arguing for the sake of it at this stage. A high level character will most certainly slaughter weak opponents with the right skills picked, simple as that.

Again, look at the boosts maxing out the Alchemy tree gives. It makes the potion effects far greater, same for oils, also look at the damage bonuses while poisoned, with that and the sword feats (which give 15%, not 5%) he picked, that gives a 60% total damage bonus, that's excluding the damage increases given by the potions and oils themselves, which are multiplied even further by the Alchemy skill. Not to mention, enhancing mutagen effects by as much as 500% (he was using power mutagens), and that's permanent! That's why he took out the Operator so easily.

Last edited:
Hi. Is there any official information about the cross-platform importing saves of The Witcher 2? For example from the computer to PS4.

Any news on imported saves giving cameos for pc?

I'm concerned about this because its something only the most center of the base will prob see and worried they might not develop it much if at all. Not to mention consoles factoring in so it may only be a pc feature so it gets even thinner reward wise for them to do it (but no less for the fans) As its the final entry in Geralts story and based on how other games that sort of hint at providing continuity/decisions that carry promised the world in this regard and did an awful cop out (mass effect 3 if you save racchni or this and that big decision you get a numerical +/- , a few sentences in the journal and thats it)

Not having the expectation of full length quests and special story arcs that would detract major time that could be better spent on content everyone can enjoy in spite of their platform or plot flags I'm hoping its not totally overlooked either.

Like letting letho live and running into him as friend or foe with dialogue in Kaer depending on how it goes, running into saskia /altered dialogue if her father is in it, cynthia,sile, stennis. Just whoever you kept alive should have some form of existance you know. Even if its just a hello witcher I'm stennis scene and an arrow goes through his neck lol.

I'm glad they took extra time as thats a good sign for quality and quantity of content but I hope they don't overlook these little things and I;m just worried from previous experiences. They really do multiply satisfaction. Heres hoping for a reassuring announcement or acknowledgement they are mindful of it at least. I mean I played both games twice once for fun and the other for import sparring everyone so they could make cameos and surely you know its far more fun to execute them. Cmon since its ending, give us loyal fans our cookie for that :)

Top Bottom