Would this PC run it?

+
750Ti recommendation seconded.

And you should check out benchmarks for different cards yourself.
http://anandtech.com/Bench/GPU14

Thank you, I've been looking at benchmarks pretty intensely recently while I build my newer rig but I know there is always something I miss (in this case the 750ti I wasn't looking higher than the 600 series since I want cheap while my money goes towards the new rig). I'll consider the 750 and 750ti on your and @Guy N'wah s recommendations. Thanks again and I'll try to be more prudent with comparing hardware.

Hello, this may be out of thread but my Nvidia Experience is not communicating with Witcher 2. In Nvidia I select optimize and screen is telling me it's optimized (without touching settings in Witcher 2 launcher) - almost everything on high settings and full HD resolution, but when I start the game it's on low settings. I look in the Wither 2 launcher and hit find best settings and it's set everything on low. I manually set to high settings and the game runs smooth. Why is it?

Hello, this may be out of thread but my Nvidia Experience is not communicating with Witcher 2. In Nvidia I select optimize and screen is telling me it's optimized (without touching settings in Witcher 2 launcher) - almost everything on high settings and full HD resolution, but when I start the game it's on low settings. I look in the Wither 2 launcher and hit find best settings and it's set everything on low. I manually set to high settings and the game runs smooth. Why is it?

Might try reinstalling GEForce Experience http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download
For me I have to start the game first any game and select/confirm settings before GEForce Experience can optimize the game .

Hi Everybody, I am not getting constant 60 fps on W2 with this rig.
AMD FX 8320 Eight Core Processor
sAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB
8 GB RAM
W8.1 Pro 64-bit
1366x768 Resolution
Now I have mods, but the FPS is the same with or without them.
Some Afterburner reports:
http://imgur.com/OCjVnsC,3LrI5ld,nd0kYxK,fs2uIf2,UnR97y0,RoGx1rE
http://imgur.com/3Cope5m,bdJAyBX,ImhICKt

Last edited:
Constant 60fps is difficult to achieve on any setup with this game, but you should be able to do better than that. You're getting low GPU usage, which is a clue that something is wrong elsewhere. A well-running system should be close to 100% on the GPU.

For graphics settings, try Ultra with Very Large textures, Cinematic DOF disabled, Ubersampling disabled, and Vsync disabled.

Also look for programs that are interfering. If you're using Steam, Steam Overlay sometimes interferes with graphics, and you can disable it.

Hi, I I plan to buy a new notebook and I would like to ask if this notebook would run TW2. I'll be glad when it goes on low settings. :lol:
I do not understand graphics cards and processors, so I'm asking.

Specifications:

INTEL Core i3 Ivy Bridge - 2,4GHz
RAM - 8GB
nVidia GeForce GT 820M - 1GB

Tank you for answers!

Hi, I I plan to buy a new notebook and I would like to ask if this notebook would run TW2. I'll be glad when it goes on low settings. :lol:
I do not understand graphics cards and processors, so I'm asking.

Specifications:

INTEL Core i3 Ivy Bridge - 2,4GHz
RAM - 8GB
nVidia GeForce GT 820M - 1GB

Tank you for answers!

Not sure it is a good risk; that is a weak GPU, and the game is strongly dependent on the GPU. I'd say 740M or 840M at a minimum, better with a 750M or 850M.

Not sure it is a good risk; that is a weak GPU, and the game is strongly dependent on the GPU. I'd say 740M or 840M at a minimum, better with a 750M or 850M.

Thanks for reply. :thumbup: I found notebook with 740M with 2 GB for a good price, so I hope I can run TW2...

Just an fyi.......

Recently I had to RMA both my main rigs Mother Boards for seperate issues. So i decided to use my http build(more of a steam box to be honest) mitx build and swapped in the rigs gpu since it is a small case needed small card. It has an i5 haswell at stock clocks for the following numbers. An evga 750ti SC, and 16 gig 1866 ram. I set the settings to Ultra less Uber. I got an honest average of 48fps. High FPS was 57 and lows was high 30s but only briefly. It stayed in the mid to upper 40s mostly. I have to say not bad for a budget gpu. These lil 1st gen maxwell cards rock.

Anyways for 1080p I recommend a 750ti if money is tight. I got this one for $160 tax and all plus I got a $10.00 rebate back.

750Ti's a good card, especially for small, power-constrained setups. Too bad you can't use them in SLI.

Galaxy and Zotac make them in low profile configurations, good for LP desktop and 2U rackmount configurations. Between Galaxy and Zotac, I trust Galaxy a bit more.

750Ti's a good card, especially for small, power-constrained setups. Too bad you can't use them in SLI.

Galaxy and Zotac make them in low profile configurations, good for LP desktop and 2U rackmount configurations. Between Galaxy and Zotac, I trust Galaxy a bit more.

I got the evga sc 2g vram card and yes if these cards could be used in sli that would be sweet. Also, it would not surprise that these can be ran in sli with out the sli fingers/jumper. i think we will see that on 2nd gen maxwell. Wishful thinking I suppose.

I think nVidia segmented their market by making the 750 and 750Ti not come up in SLI at all. Both nVidia and Intel are notorious for market segmentation. They're also 128-bit data path, which would make them poor candidates for SLI even if they supported it.

Hi, do you think I can run the game on reasonable details? Thanks
http://www.alza.cz/asus-r704vb-ty077h-d475045.htm

There are two different GPUs sold as "740M"; one (based on the GK107) exceeds the minimum requirements for the game, while the other (GK208 ) is below minimum. It's hard to say which one any given laptop has, short of running GPU-Z on it.

With either, you're likely to get satisfactory performance at reduced resolution, like 1280x720, and less performance at full resolution (1600x900 for that laptop). Resolution is actually more important than settings for this game.

Hi All,
Will witcher run on my buisness Laptop Maschine (Fuitsu Celsius H710):
- 8gb Ram
- intel core i7
- Nvidia Quadro n1000?
I afraid that my grapsic card is too bad for witcher.

Thanks

Hi All,
Will witcher run on my buisness Laptop Maschine (Fuitsu Celsius H710):
- 8gb Ram
- intel core i7
- Nvidia Quadro n1000?
I afraid that my grapsic card is too bad for witcher.

Thanks

Quadro 1000M = consumer GT 540M. It's well below spec for the game. Others have gotten the game to perform in a minimum configuration with similar cards. It's a risk, but not a hopeless one.

Hi!My specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
3 GB RAM

Is there any chance to run it with this proccessor?Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom