The General Videogame Thread

+
See this new video of Pillars of Eternity?

*heavy breathing*

And they're only charging $125 to beta test four quests! What a deal! However, I think I'll pass.

With the large sum of money they've acquired from crowd funding I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of innovation I see in PoE. I was hoping they'd spend some of their funds on innovation and not just prettier graphics. I've played 20 or so other D&D style games that could basically be clones to PoE. I'm a bit burnt out on games such as this and I'm ready for something new.

Last edited:
That is some atrocious art design. I would think a dev that's been around as long as Obsidian could do better than that. Completed OlliOlli, damn fun game. Decided to give Shovel Knight a go based on the esteemed opinions of my fellow forumites.

And they're only charging $125 to beta test four quests! What a deal! However, I think I'll pass.

With the large sum of money they've acquired from crowd funding I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of innovation I see in PoE. I was hoping they'd spend some of their funds on innovation and not just prettier graphics. I've played 20 or so other D&D style games that could basically be clones to PoE. I'm a bit burnt out on games such as this and I'm ready for something new.

They pitched an old-school IE-like cRPG at the kickstarter crowd, and this is what we will get. Innovation was never part of the deal ;)

Last edited:
Here's something you will either like or :facepalm: to. The next Heroes of Might and Magic has been announced.

Its nothing bad in announcing game.I need first to see gameplay to decide if i like it or not.This series fallen under my radar since Heroes IV ( that i didnt like).

I think Tribes of the East is the best Heroes game and I loved its art style but to be frank, I am starting to get bored of the WoW "inspired" art style. I would like them to try a more realistic style, like Heroes 2 where Castle only had human units.

They pitched an old-school IE-like cRPG at the kickstarter crowd, and this is what we will get. Innovation was never part of the deal ;)
Yep, sadly this is the case. I suppose in the last 15-20 years they haven't thought of any ways to improve upon their formula so we're getting the same dated mechanics. And why should they when people eat it up like hotcakes? I was simply hoping it would be improved upon since I enjoyed many of their games in the past. So much unused potential gone to waste.

Now replaying MartialArtsMoviesSimulator and it's still as enjoyable as it was before

I'm not very good at making friends... called him a bit fat and he resorted to violence...

Someday... I will not have to steal cars

Even gangsters pray!

This game still has some of the best rain/wet surface effects

Last edited:
I must admit i'm feeling somewhat underwhelmed by Pillars of Eternity myself, graphics, combat & innovation wise, and a little disturbed by what appears to be monetary exploitation of a devoted fanbase - It could be a misconception, I'm not following it that closely - similar to what I hear about Godus.

However, it's main strength that may outweigh these other things is if it is truly variable in the C&C through actions & words... we'll just have to wait and see some 3rd party reviews, I think.

Would also vote for Blood Omen, and if it could be fixed up a bit, even better.

Lord, I forgot how gorgeous Sleeping Dogs is. Still one of first examples I cite on the Cyberpunk forums when people start talking about Night City. Two hours into Shovel Knight and I can say if you want an excellently realized retro game, this does it better than most. Very well balanced and charming.

Also, Shadow Warrior is coming to next gen in Sept.

On the Steam forums a dev basically confirmed the consoles get exclusive campaign content. I thought that's not how FWH rolls....:wat:

At least they're bringing their game to console, maybe they've had a chance to fine tune the graphics and optimization.

Last edited:
I started Shadow Warrior last night. Fun and intense so far, but damn some of those visual effects are demanding. Still have to fine tune and get rid of some stuttering.

Edit: It seems "Mirrors" is unnecessarily intensive and slows down the game too much. Turned it off with everything else on High or Ultra and it was all very smooth. Just finished the first chapter and it was a low of fun. A gore and blood fest, but fun. I have to say, those gardens look very nice, and the skill-power-weapon progression system gives the game some depth and probably (don't really know) replay value.

Last edited:
Just started to install the Wolfenstein: The New Order. 4 DVDs, it will takes forever... If I didn't buy in retail version, the donwload from SDteam would take like forever. More than 40Gb is huge, I wonder why is this so big.

Just started to install the Wolfenstein: The New Order. 4 DVDs, it will takes forever... If I didn't buy in retail version, the donwload from SDteam would take like forever. More than 40Gb is huge, I wonder why is this so big.

Megatextures. Now this doesn't mean that textures are ultra high res (they are not). What this means is that every texture in this game is unique, at the cost of resolution. If you ask me, the tradeoff is not worth it. I can see this being useful in 2004-2005, when it was conceptualized but nowadays you simply don't notice textures repeating.

Megatextures. Now this doesn't mean that textures are ultra high res (they are not). What this means is that every texture in this game is unique, at the cost of resolution. If you ask me, the tradeoff is not worth it. I can see this being useful in 2004-2005, when it was conceptualized but nowadays you simply don't notice textures repeating.

I heard something like that. I heard also that as you turn the textures pop in a little bit later on, but it is because of the engine. Well, I will see it sooner or later. The Steam is currently downloading something, so I can't play just yet.

Top Bottom