• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
Even without potions he looks more menacing. In TW2 Geralt's skin was pale instead of pink, he had glowing yellow eyes instead of dark orange eyes, he had a white stubble instead of a dark grey one, and he had discolored lips instead of perfectly normal and healthy lips. I really hope they fix the coloring of his face.

Exactly this! they should fix these details, it's what separates Geralt from everyone else and they got it right the first time.

I agree that the transition to RED3 has softened and/or beefed up Geralt's features. He looks like an approachable almost nice guy now, but in TW2 he was distinctly Slavic and mean looking.
@slimgrim which he should be slavic and mean looking.
@ONLYONCE I posted the pic to illustrate that Geralt's facial features didn't change so much if you measure the distances of his facial features. I feel like the color is what's making him look beefier since it pops more.

also his eyebrows are a real dark gray now instead of dark gray

They already nailed Geralt's face, and they should stick to this:

It's just perfect: pale skin, hollow cheeks, glowing eyes with dark circles, white beard and eyebrows. It has everything.
I know this is CGI instead of ingame, but I'm sure they could come up with a good compromise that will faithfully resemble this model.

Last edited:
Im the only one who actually loves the in-game face of Geralt that was shown in various demos? Ofc it could be a bit more slim like in W2, but cmon - it looks awesome...

Last edited:
I like it, seems alright there is no fatness as you can compare in the pictures, it's just the illusion of the hairstyle and beard combined with that armour.

I like it, seems alright there is no fatness as you can compare in the pictures, it's just the illusion of the hairstyle and beard combined with that armour.

Yeah just gotta wait either untill the game comes out or REDs show us how razors work.

I'm really no fan of his new face he just looks weird he looks too normal his
face in TW2 was perfect
why the hell did they change it ??? dammit CDPR just to appeal to the masses?
I know many don't want to play as an ugly white dude but so what its part of who he is don't make
him look like a freaking hollywood star

I can't understand how so many fans can vote for the one??

Last edited:
I'm really no fan of his new face he just looks weird he looks too normal his
face in TW2 was perfect
why the hell did they change it ??? dammit CDPR just to appeal to the masses?
I know many don't want to play as an ugly white dude but so what its part of who he is don't make
him look like a freaking hollywood star

I can't understand how so many fans can vote for the one??

He wasn't ugly in TW2, he was simply manly and somehow wild and creepy.
Other than that, I agree with you.
This new face just doesn't fit the character.

He wasn't ugly in TW2, he was simply manly and somehow wild and creepy.
Other than that, I agree with you.
This new face just doesn't fit the character.

yeah I know I thought he looked badass and witcher-like before I was just saying that many "outsiders" always
say who wants to play as old ugly white dude
And maybe because of that they tried to make him more normal and good looking which is a big mistake

I can't understand how come you guys love the newest face, he look just fat and not as badass as the old one

I can't understand how come you guys love the newest face, he look just fat and not as badass as the old one
Geralt generally looks bigger and beefier in Witcher 3 compared to Witcher 2, and it includes both body and the face. His face has to fit his body weight, and if they want to make the face slimmer they have to also trim down the body.
But I agree that a leaner Geralt would be better, but I don't mind his new look either.

It reminds me of TW2 where some of Geralt's cutseens looked better than others. TW3 in game Geralt looks way better to me than TW2 in game Geralt.
Just like TW2, TW3 Geralt looks better in some cutseens and not so much in others. I will just have to shave his face when I play it, and then be the judge of it.
But, All in All, I like both and all this game has too offer so far;)

Last edited:

I couldn't see him clearly in the E3 trailer since it was all fast cuts and angles, and it looked like there were several different versions of him in it (one with black beard?)

In the new gameplay there is definitely something wrong with his appearance, debut trailer and VGX were better and more faithful to the source material and more consistent with the previous games.

Overall Geralt needs to be a bit paler and much less handsome. I recently read parts of the sword of destiny and in the cities many people look at Geralt with disdain and prejudice. The dislike him because he is different and in many ways rather ugly to them. This geralt is a bit to handsome for my tastes.

I still don't see any difference(colour not withstanding) in his face structure it's literally the exact same

Top Bottom