CD PROJEKT RED and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at gamescom 2014 wrap up. New gameplay video released!

+
Dat music. I'm gonna tear down that CD soundtrack from CE from listening to it so much.

I have no bigger complaints. I'm already a self-professed CDProjekt bitch. No regrets.

Yeah, overall game looks fine.. some animations should be better, some graphical glitches, popping up, pathing issues, i hope that the music in combat doesn't consist only of a one single song :),little tweaks to Geralt's face (he shouldn't be looking so healthy)... but you all know about this stuff from others, i just would like to take the interest to some small details which i think are pretty nice.. like the horse on which Geralt comes to the tavern, he isn't just standing on one place but is drinking water from a trough, children playing in the water, man on a boat, etc.. those details make the world simply so much believable and realistic

Last edited:
Those women are grotesquely ugly. The game is clearly mysoginist.

/s
I must say, I'm slightly disappointed that the developers shied away from the original concepts which had one of the three witches - the big one - depicted as topless. Wasn't a very pretty sight, but I would have liked if such an example of absurdly grotesque nudity would have made it into the game.

I must say, I'm slightly disappointed that the developers shied away from the original concepts which had one of the three witches - the big one - depicted as topless. Wasn't a very pretty sight, but I would have liked if such an example of absurdly grotesque nudity would have made it into the game.

It might be in the end game, but for demo'ing purposes they could have had stricter guidelines in order to be able to stream the content and whatnot. Who knows (besides the devs themselves of course)?

I must say, I'm slightly disappointed that the developers shied away from the original concepts which had one of the three witches - the big one - depicted as topless.
She's almost certainly going to be topless in the game itself. Hell, if you look closely, she is topless in The Sword of Destiny-trailer in which she briefly appears. She was censored for the sake of this presentation, not entirely. Probably because it was shown to unprepared public at Gamescon.

I'm pretty sure the nipples were covered in the SoD trailer as well.
It's no biggie, I'm just sayin'.

It might be in the end game, but for demo'ing purposes they could have had stricter guidelines in order to be able to stream the content and whatnot. Who knows (besides the devs themselves of course)?
Right, this could be an explanation. Guess we'll have to wait and see then.

Last edited:

Hm, hm... Why a hell would you want to see that ugly bitch topless??? I can get an appeal of a beautiful female naked body, but this will be pretty much disgusting. About the same as to see Johnny on a crapper, with shit falling out of his arse. I sure can live without their nipples stuck in my memory and hunting me in nightmares.

Hm, hm... Why a hell would you want to see that ugly bitch topless??? I can get an appeal of a beautiful female naked body, but this will be pretty much disgusting. About the same as to see Johnny on a crapper, with shit falling out of his arse. I sure can live without their nipples stuck in my memory and hunting me in nightmares.
Simple, because - as far as I know - something like this hasn't been done by any other game developer before and I would have liked CD Projekt RED to be the first. The first developer having the balls to show an overweight, disfigured, grotesque woman topless. There's probably plenty of beautiful nudity in the game, so why not counter that with a little bit of ugly nudity?

It's definitely not about what floats my boat. I just appreciate variation.

Last edited:
Simple, because - as far as I know - something like this hasn't been done by any other game developer before and I would have liked CD Projekt RED to be the first. The first developer having the balls to show an overweight, disfigured, grotesque woman topless
I believe that Dante's Inferno did something like that.. They certainly depicted Satan with a horse dick. CDPR doesn't have the monopoly for gross outs. But like I said, I'm pretty sure that she'll be topless in the game itself, just censored for the presentations to avoid possible legal problems and too much reviewer focus on one, single gross out moment.

I believe that Dante's Inferno did something like that.. They certainly depicted Satan with a horse dick. CDPR doesn't have the monopoly for gross outs. But like I said, I'm pretty sure that she'll be topless in the game itself, just censored for the presentations to avoid possible legal problems and too much reviewer focus on one, single gross out moment.
Never played that one myself, but I remember watching a little of it on Youtube. Which is why I'm pretty sure they did something clever with the nipples, since those are definitely not allowed on Youtube. I'm not sure, but wasn't it replacing the nipples with mouths that spawned some sort of hell babies? I definitely don't remember Satan with a horse dick, heh.
Anyway, guess we'll have to wait and see then.

Man, knowing that this video is just scratching the surface makes the wait even more painful and makes me want to see more. But I also don't want any more stuff to be spoiled...first world problems.

@Marcin Momot; & all @CDPRED: I'll be posting my deeper thoughts on the 60fps 1080p footage elsewhere, but here let me say: That was effing fantastic !. In all measurable ways that video shows you guys are living up to the promise of making a truly incredible gaming experience.

Thank You. Thank You All. You're clearly not slacking off or preparing to launch a stinker. Take this as honest appreciation of your hard work (though I can't promise not to continue to pour pressure on, occasionally bluntly, in my experience the best programmers & developers excel under pressure). ;)

But credit were it's due, and it's certainly due to youse !

Thanks for sharing with us this extended gameplay footage!

I wasn't expecting to get this much footage and am really pleased with the overall quality of it! :)

Top Bottom