Graphical Downgrade Cont.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just compare it witch stalker

top image is original

now stalker

You are just picking a screen where the clouds aren't even well formed. Look at these:

Far better now, right? And then there is the fact this is dynamic, so it can change realistically when rain or snow starts to fall. With skyboxes, you just see a simple fading from a skybox to the other.

I don't think that there is a real downgrade, but different builds.

Jose said the the e3 and gamescom build (they are the same) is a couple month old (I'd guess it would be 2-4 month) and apparently they are starting now with the optimization.

[video=youtube_share;z86B-_-0cbs]http://youtu.be/z86B-_-0cbs?t=1m55s[/video]

The Sword of Destiny Trailer was shown right before E3 ( a couple of days) which is 2 months ago and at the same time the gameplay footage was shown, where the Downgrade discussions began.

Remember that the delay in march to next year, was mostly because the huge performance issues back then and we can still see some frame issues in the latest gameplay footage. The game is mostly finished except a few minor things liking adding some quests here, tweaking stuff there etc. and optimizing the game.

I think that the Sword of Destiny build wasn't that stable in terms of performances and other technical issues, like bugs, ctd, etc.
In the SoD you could specificity pick scenes (like angles, close ups and stuff) and max the quality out of it in the trailer, otherwise they would have shown the SoD build in e3 and gamescom.

I would have been worried about downgrading the Game if the Sword of Destiny trailer was really old like 8+ months old or so, but showing the trailer and the gameplay footage at the same time? That's just tells me that the e3 build was the most stable and recent build they had and could show to the public (maybe to the press too).

As Jose in the interviews said they are still optimizing and finding new ways and tools to improve the visuals and performance as the go and there are still 5-6 months left.

Just think about it.

Last edited:
Why do people keep talking about Watch Dogs scandal? The situation is completely different.

Watch Dogs:

Ubisoft releases great looking trailers.
Ubisoft releases the game, suddenly it looks a lot worse.

The Witcher 3:

CDPR releases a great looking trailer.
CDPR releases a slightly less great looking trailer.

Ubisoft screwed its customers over, CDPR is just showing stuff well ahead of release.

Just a moment. Truly anyone here remembers what CDPR doing?
This brave foolish team wanted to do something that no other company has done so far: an RPG in which each secondary quest indirectly affects the main plot, a game in which the weather affects the results, a game where life still make what the main character. And all this in an open world, no transitions between exterior and interior.

this is trying to be made by a company that only has 2 games on the market, entirely self-sufficient, which has created its own engine to make the game that they would want to find in the market.

And yet some of you expect perfection in every detail, disqualifying a tremendous job with words like betrayal or loss of integrity. Criticizing is the easiest solution when all you have to do is sit and wait. But, as in any major work, the more an aspect is polished, more easily another aspect flaw is glimpsed. Where they improve the lights, the graphics defects will be more visible. There where they corrected the graphics flaws, the textures flaws become more apparent etc, etc, etc

Obviously CDPR thank all comments and opinions, because they are smart enough to discern what feedback fits their vision of their game and which not.

I'm waiting for the best game made till now but not for the perfect game. In each footage that CDPR show us we will see improvements and failures. Even when the game will be totaly finish defects will still exist.

So, please, express your feedback but don't demonize CDPR.

Thank you

Sorry if my englsih doesn't help me to express all I mean

Last edited:
I agree with @wichat
Also, I can't believe someone is really making all this noise, and using terms like those underline by @wichat against CDPR just for GRAPHICS. What has gaming become? A never ending look for perfect visual? Don't bother yourselves with graphics so much. Instead, think about the features that actually matter, that the game will include. Unless the downgrade is HUGE (which is not here), no reason for all the bitching I'm finding, not only in this forum.
Sorry for the little outburst, but this is ridiculous. I know that all of us are excited for this game's graphics, but that doesn't authorize the use of certain words against CDPR, they don't deserve that treatment. Especially for such a secondary feature like graphics.

Last edited:
I agree with @wichat
Also, I can't believe someone is really making all this noise, and using terms like those underline by @wichat against CDPR just for GRAPHICS. What has gaming become? A never ending look for perfect visual? Don't bother yourselves with graphics so much. Instead, think about the features that actually matter, that the game will include. Unless the downgrade is HUGE (which is not here), no reason for all the bitching I'm finding, not only in this forum.
Sorry for the little outburst, but this is ridiculous. I know that all of us are excited for this game's graphics, but that doesn't authorize the use of certain words against CDPR, they don't deserve that treatment. Especially for such a secondary feature like graphics.
I agree with this.The graphics are amazing and are still being improved and there much more important stuff than graphics

FYI Crysis 3 was a 32 bit game. It was perhaps the most splendidly optimized PC game to ever be developed though considering it's very high visual fidelity..

That's new, though apparently it's not memory limited like other 32 bit games...at least from what I am reading.

How odd.

They are also working on the shadows from the dynamic skyboxes, can't wait to see that :look:

Jupiter_on_Mars

I agree with @wichat

Ok. Time to handle this.

What makes you think you can dictate what others should like and to the extent they should like it? Graphics don't matter to you? Fine. I'm fine with that, won't attempt to swerve your mind or be losing any sleep over that. But why does the reverse seem so hard to evoke? Why do so many not all that much appreciative of graphics feel compelled to embark on a crusade to behead the «graphic whore» infidel? Why do so many feel rubbed the wrong way whenever others show their unrelenting, uncompromising and unapologetic appreciation for graphical fidelity?

What on Earth gave you the impression you're in the position to tell me what I should like and to the extent I should like it?
Get off your high horse.

Ok. Time to handle this.

What makes you think you can dictate what others should like and to the extent they should like it? Graphics don't matter to you? Fine. I'm fine with that, won't attempt to swerve your mind or be losing any sleep over that. But why does the reverse seem so hard to evoke? Why do so many not all that much appreciative of graphics feel compelled to embark on a crusade to behead the «graphic whore» infidel? Why do so many feel rubbed the wrong way whenever others show their unrelenting, uncompromising and unapologetic appreciation for graphical fidelity?

What on Earth gave you the impression you're in the position to tell me what I should like and to the extent I should like it?
Get off your high horse.

You clearly misunderstood me. You can like whatever you want. I can't tell you what you can like, and I didn't. My post is towards those people who use exaggearately bad words against CDPR just for graphics, not towards those who love ultra graphics fidelity, nothing bad in that. Let's remember, however, that graphics is important, but it's not what makes a game good and fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe you people compared Stalker static image with dynamic skyboxes and realistic weather...

Let's remember, however, that graphics is important, but it's not what makes a game good and fun. So, complaining is one thing, being do*****ags against a developer like CDPR is another. That's what my post is about.

Actually graphics have always been a crucial element in what makes the witcher franchise so good, along with atmosphere and story.

By graphics I don't mean just technical graphics but artistic graphics as well.

Last edited:
Two deleted, one edited. Further use of phrases such as "graphic whores", "douchebags", "Piss off" or any equivalent aggression will go straight to bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom